Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by RTG10
Hi Guys,

Travelling on the BA275 in two weeks time and I had originally selected the Pork Belly as a meal, logged in today to check seating and my meal choice has been reset and were it says “unable to proces” when I try to pre-order now. Any thoughts or advice ?
No thoughts or advice but I’m also getting “Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.” so I’m interested in any answers you may receive.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by green_tie

No thoughts or advice but I’m also getting “Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.” so I’m interested in any answers you may receive.
Me too on the BA55 next week.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by RTG10
Hi Guys,

Travelling on the BA275 in two weeks time and I had originally selected the Pork Belly as a meal, logged in today to check seating and my meal choice has been reset and were it says “unable to proces” when I try to pre-order now. Any thoughts or advice ?
This is exactly what happened to us when we received the new service to SJC. I called You First who could not help or offer an explanation. It maybe something else up with your flight, but the pattern of what has happened is the same as we saw.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I am on the BA11 next week and I too get this message when trying to pre-order; I'm also on the BA27 in a 3 weeks’ time and was able to pre-order for that flight. I’ll report back next week if the trial First product appears.

Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
LHR-HKG F, January 2019

Starters:
Loch Fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crème fraiche, caperberries and cress
Warm asparagus souffle, parmesan cream sauce
Roasted cauliflower soup
Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of French dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main:
Grilled North Atlantic monkfish, aubergine tartare, harissa mint oil
Veal Milanese with rocket and slow roasted tomato salad
Traditional Chinese soup with slow cooked beef, udon noodles and soy egg
Ricotta capelacci tossed in rosemary butter
Main course salad featuring grilled beef brochette, creamy celeriac, grilled red peppers

Desserts:
Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake, warm chocolate sauce
Warm plum tart tatin, vanilla sauce
Vanilla ice cream
Cheese plate (Northumberland oak smoked cheese, Colston basset stilton, Somerset camenbert [sic] )
I am surprised to see that the menu on my LHR-HKG is different to yours, I travel in the third week of January and the menu for my flight is showing as follows:

BA27 London to Hong Kong 21:00

Starters

• Buffalo mozzarella, grilled fresh peaches, caper berries and olive oil
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon, warm potato pancake, horseradish cream
  • Moroccan spiced red lentil soup, crème fraiche
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of Honey mustard dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main

• Filet of Heritage beef, gratin potato, peppercorn sauce
  • Seabass en pappilotte [sic], seasonal root vegetables, white wine butter
  • Traditional Chinese soup with roasted duck, vermicelli rice noodles and choy sum
  • Handmade tagliarini, King prawns, spicy cherry tomato salsa
  • Main course salad featuring warm goat cheese mille feuille, ratatouille and cous cous [sic]

Desserts

• Lemon red current meringue tart
  • Warm chocolate raspberry sponge, chocolate sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Vintage West Country cheddar
  • Double Gloucester
  • Shepherd's Purse Yorkshire blue cheese
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm also getting above error for a BA55 in 3 weeks time. Flying J though so doubt that it has anything to do with the First dining trial.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:32 pm

I phoned earlier this evening and they were able to make my selections for me (but couldn’t offer any insight as to why I had been unable to).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:45 am

I phoned earlier this evening and they were able to make my selections for me (but couldn’t offer any insight as to why I had been unable to).
I phoned and they would only allow me to pre-order “special” meals not a standard selection. Rather frustrating.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:24 am

BA59 London to Cape Town in F in Feb

Starters

• Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée
  • Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
  • Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted rack of British lamb with braised neck tagine and Freekeh
  • Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket
  • Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata
  • Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses

Desserts

• Rhubarb and ginger timbale
  • Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Red Leicester
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar

I see the beef with Cafe de Paris butter is still doing the rounds, would anyone recommend this, and has anyone tried any of the other mains, particularly the lamb? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by cosmo74

BA59 London to Cape Town in F in Feb

Starters

• Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée
  • Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
  • Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted rack of British lamb with braised neck tagine and Freekeh
  • Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket
  • Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata
  • Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses

Desserts

• Rhubarb and ginger timbale
  • Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Red Leicester
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar

I see the beef with Cafe de Paris butter is still doing the rounds, would anyone recommend this, and has anyone tried any of the other mains, particularly the lamb? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.
thanks! Flying that route mid Feb so guessing we’ll get the same!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic

thanks! Flying that route mid Feb so guessing we’ll get the same!
I'll try and report back as i'm flying on the 1st.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I'll try and report back as i'm flying on the 1st.
Ps: I wouldn't recommend the beef, no, but then I like my beef rare and admit I wouldn't feel comfortable giving very specific instructions to crew about how to reheat the meals. I'm tempted by the rack of lamb despite it likely being overcooked too!!
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
On BA57 to JNB in 3 weeks time and unable to select a meal or see a menu. Phoned YouFirst and was told firmly that this was only available two weeks before departure, I said I thought it was 4 weeks or so and was told I was mistaken??
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Here are the choices for the mains on an upcoming flight in Club World:
  • Seared sea trout, brown shrimp butter, sage and hispy cabbage
  • Braised Irish Ox cheek, pearl barley and chanterelles risotto and green beans
  • Stracciatella and black truffle tortelloni with leek velouté
Does anyone have any comments/experiences with these choices?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

BA165 LHR-TLV 08:05 departure (F in Feb)

Starters

• Fresh orange juice
  • Mango Carrot Ginger smoothie
  • A selection of yoghurts
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Trio of salmon featuring cold smoked, beetroot cured and Gravadlax with lemon crème fraiche
  • A wide selection of breakfast pastries, croissants and rolls

Main

• Mixed grill featuring beef fillet, veal sausage and traditional breakfast accompaniments
  • Handmade, free range omelette with sauteed mushrooms, fresh herbs and grilled vine on cherry tomatoes
  • Warm porridge with apricots, blueberries and raspberries
  • Grilled Scottish beef fillet with onion rings and tartar sauce on crispy baguette
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.