Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
CW LHR-PHX late June.

BA289 London to Phoenix 14:45

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella and basil marinated heirloom tomatoes
  • Pea and mint Velouté and pea salad
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef chervil Ratte crushed potatoes heritage carrot and sweet shallot jus
  • Prawns Thai green curry with edamame beans and Jasmine rice
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini summer truffle artichoke in a cream sauce

Dessert

• Chocolate Marquise Crisp with an almond and chocolate base vanilla cream
  • Strawberry pannacotta fresh strawberries mascarpone cream
  • Warm Pear and Almond tart with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Strawberries
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuits and fig relish
Old May 29, 2018, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not, perhaps, entirely relevant to this Thread, but I’ve just had a phone call from AA. I had messaged them saying we couldn’t pre-order on next week’s codeshare DUB-PHL, operating as AA723/BA1580. Neither website would let us order.

What a nice American lady, who talked us through the meal options on both the outbound and the subsequent inbound AA722/BA1579.

Somehow that seems to indicate a higher level of CS than is usually reported here from BA!

(We both went for the Beef, both ways, because AA’s Beef is often edible!)
Old May 29, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DelTroon
Pleased to see some basic food is on the menu for my flight in F to KUL later, this month. Does anyone know if I can request "British beef burger with Monterey jack cheese barbeque sauce coleslaw and spicy potato wedges" without the cheese? I am hoping it is simply placed on top before going in the oven! It was many years ago I last experienced burger and chips on a F trip to SFO.
if I remember correctly it’s (unfortunately for you) pre assembled.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by endoman
CW LHR-PHX late June.

BA289 London to Phoenix 14:45

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella and basil marinated heirloom tomatoes
  • Pea and mint Velouté and pea salad
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef chervil Ratte crushed potatoes heritage carrot and sweet shallot jus
  • Prawns Thai green curry with edamame beans and Jasmine rice
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini summer truffle artichoke in a cream sauce

Dessert

• Chocolate Marquise Crisp with an almond and chocolate base vanilla cream
  • Strawberry pannacotta fresh strawberries mascarpone cream
  • Warm Pear and Almond tart with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Strawberries
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuits and fig relish
Yet again,a very nut-heavy dessert menu. Who designs these?? The strawberry alternatives look very dull.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Blimey someone got a deal on Goats cheese and Braised Beef by the looks of things.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:29 am

LHR - BKK BA9 on 10 June
Old May 31, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
LHR-HKG BA27 on 4 June, Club World
Pre-Order Mains only of course...

Starters

• Smoked breast of Gressingham duck with plum & ginger chutney radish and crispy shallot
  • Butternut squash and rosemary soup with a orange creme fraiche and toasted pumpkin seeds
  • Mixed salad Leaves with cherry tomato, cucumber and parmesan served with organic vinaigrette dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of west country beef smoked mashed potato braised savoy cabbage carrot and red wine jus
  • Pork rib jin-du sauce egg fried rice kai lan & sugar snap peas and carrot
  • Ragu of British mushrooms Conchiglie pasta and wilted spinach

Dessert

• Caramelised orange tart with cherry coulis
  • Warm chocolate & walnut brownie with a vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blue D'Auvergne Thomas Hoe Red Leicester Gillot Camembert served with Damson jelly grapes and crackers
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:09 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:42 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by markle
Menu for LHR - BOS later this week in WTP below.

Very surprised to see only two mains to choose from - I thought there were usually three mains to choose from in WTP (inc. one veg pasta option?)

​​​​​​-------

Starter

• Wheatberries with tomato and cucumber

Main

• Braised British beef herb crushed new potato chantenay carrots and tarragon jus
  • Roast corn-fed chicken and spring onion mash grilled baby leek with Madeira rosemary sauce

Dessert

• Chocolate and orange pot
Nope, it's always only two in WT+ and almost always beef or chicken ex-London. If you want a vegetarian meal you'll need to pre-order one of the SPML.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:56 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:41 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Nope, don't need veggie, just feel like even a pasta would be more interesting than the two deeply uninspiring options presented
Yes, I agree that they are typically boring. Apparently people who order VLML get the same vegetarian dish as in the CW menu (I think that's what CIHY was saying in another thread). In my experience, inbound meals often include a pasta dish.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Nope, it's always only two in WT+ and almost always beef or chicken ex-London. If you want a vegetarian meal you'll need to pre-order one of the SPML.
But you arent the only one who thought it was 3 (inc a veggie) ... I heard crew explain it at least 5 times on my last WTP flight "no sir ... if you havent pre ordered a vegetarian meal ... we dont have one here".
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:28 pm

Menu for LHR - BOS later this week in WTP below.

Very surprised to see only two mains to choose from - I thought there were usually three mains to choose from in WTP (inc. one veg pasta option?)

​​​​​​-------

Dessert

• Chocolate and orange pot
Sure the mains are uninteresting but chocolate and orange pot is the best desert on BA... Unless lemon biscuits are available.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MPH1980
But you arent the only one who thought it was 3 (inc a veggie) ... I heard crew explain it at least 5 times on my last WTP flight "no sir ... if you havent pre ordered a vegetarian meal ... we dont have one here".
which could mean they expected three OR that they expected one of the two to be vegetarian and were surprised it wasn’t...
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:42 am

7 July, BA283 London to Los Angeles 09:50

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon and crayfish cocktail avocado and slow roasted heirloom tomatoes
  • Chargrilled asparagus and summer truffle with Burford egg
  • Rich tomato soup with basil oil

Main

• Corn fed chicken breast with fricassee of summer vegetables and charlotte buttered new potatoes
  • Seared fillet of British beef spring onion cream mashed potato with smoked garlic tenderstem broccoli and Madeira rosemary jus
  • Wild rocket and courgette risotto with summer vegetables and Amalfi lemon

Dessert

• Lemon and raspberry almond slice chantilly cream and fresh raspberry
  • Vanilla bean cheesecake strawberry
  • Warm chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Strawberries
  • Coastal Cheddar West Country Brie Shropshire blue served with walnuts biscuit and apricot chutney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.