Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
For an upcoming flight from LHR to JFK in WTP the following options are offered:
  • Corn fed breast of chicken, home made gnocchi with Café de Paris sauce and lemon infused broccolini
  • Slow braised lamb with tomato and olives, creamy polenta and wilted baby spinach
LHR->JFK January '18 in CW
  • Best of Heritage beef homemade gnocchi in café de Paris sauce, pan fried green asparagus
  • Grilled Cornish dover sole, Mediterranean lentils, celeriac mousseline, lemon butter
  • Homemade artichoke ravioli, grated parmesan
Looks like they getting full value out of that café de Paris sauce!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum

BA5 London to Tokyo Narita in Club World - December 2017

Starters

• A selection of Japanese appetisers featuring: soy flavored cod, tsukune chicken skewer, vegetable sushi, edamame beans, cucumber and seaweed salad
  • Wild mushroom quail egg and artichoke salad with truffle cream and black olive biscotti

Salad

• Fresh winter salad of marinated mouli and green beans

Main

• Roast corn fed chicken breast with braised cabbage, pancetta, roast potatoes and thyme jus
  • Grilled fillet of beef with ponzu sauce, yukari rice, grilled Yaki tofu and shitake mushroom
  • Japanese vegetable curry with steamed Uonuma koshihikari rice
  • Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing

Dessert

• Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fresh whole fruit
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:25 pm

Hi. How do you go about pre-ordering meals on allowable flights? Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:37 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
You need to go into MMB, then choose In-flight Meals and approx 30 days before your flight there will be an option there to pre-select your main course (not to be confused with choosing a special meal which will be there from when you book).
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin

LHR - JFK, F, January 2018

Starters

• Portland crab and avocado timbale with basil sorbet and chive oil
  • Steamed asparagus spears with black truffle mascarpone and finely chopped egg vinaigrette
  • Wild mushroom consomme served with mushroom soufflé and snipped chives
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Caesar dressing or olive oil balsamic dressing

Main

• Rack of lamb on thyme jus with grilled polenta tart, wilted baby spinach and topped with classic ratatouille
  • Chicken supreme Kashmiri style with mango pilaf, broccoli saag and beetroot chutney
  • Slow braised pork belly with creamed potato and seasonal vegetables
  • Grilled vegetable gyozas served with green beans, drizzled in miso soya dressing and sesame seeds
  • Main course salad featuring Severn and Wye hot smoked fillet of salmon with cucumber ribbons and creamy celeriac

Desserts

• Homemade almond sponge with fresh strawberries, mascarpone cream and summer berries
  • Caramelised apple tatin with vanilla anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Caws Cenarth Cheese
  • Wensleydale Blue
  • Manchego Cheese
Old Dec 25, 2017, 3:57 pm

In-flight menu

BA275 London to Las Vegas 15:50 January 25th .First

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue Cheese
  • Le Saint Mont Cheese
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon Cheese
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Yetak

In-flight menu

BA275 London to Las Vegas 15:50 January 25th .First

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue Cheese
  • Le Saint Mont Cheese
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon Cheese
Interesting menu! i'd personally be tempted by the hake or the lamb.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It's chicken or beef outbound Heathrow-Washington DC in mid-late January. Not a big surprise but I did wonder if seafood might be one option. VLML for me then.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
It's chicken or beef outbound Heathrow-Washington DC in mid-late January. Not a big surprise but I did wonder if seafood might be one option. VLML for me then.
In which cabin?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Interesting menu! i'd personally be tempted by the hake or the lamb.
Strange menu from my point of view as nothing jumps out as a must choose-however I would be happy to have any of the mains on offer.

Scallops as the starter.If I have the French Onion Soup the other travellers might not be best pleased with the effect!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
In-flight menu

London to JFK, Club World, January 2018

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.Starters
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare, wasabi crème fraiche
  • Burrata tomato carpaccio olive oil and balsamic dressing
  • Creamy butternut squash soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with grilled vegetables
Bakery
  • Tribread
Main
  • Best of Heritage beef homemade gnocchi in café de Paris sauce, pan fried green asparagus
  • Grilled Cornish dover sole, Mediterranean lentils, celeriac mousseline, lemon butter
  • Homemade artichoke ravioli, grated parmesan
Desserts
  • DO and COs double chocolate medley
  • Lemon tart
  • Viennese style apple strudel
  • Fresh strawberries
  • Somerset Brie Keens Cheddar & Cropwell Bishop Stilton, walnuts and grapes garnished with Fig Chutney
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:31 pm

BA249 London to Rio de Janeiro on January 16th

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Wild mushroom quail egg and artichoke salad with truffle cream and black olive biscotti

Salad

Main

• Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Roast corn fed chicken breast with braised cabbage, pancetta, roast potatoes and thyme jus
  • Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce
  • Chilled Main Course Salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing

Dessert

• Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:09 am

Hi. The reason I am interested in this thread is that I usually order a special meal (gluten free) for medical reasons, but what you end up with is usually not great at all!!!!!

I have previously asked the crew to have a look at their "Chef's Chat" I assume they still use it? That tells them everything that people with food allergies can eat or not. Once I know I would then feel OK to go to MMB and prebook a main.

My question now is, is their anyone on this forum that has inside knowledge of the long haul Chef's Chat documents on an ongoing basis? I know there are some very helpful cabin crew members on here who seem to answer questions regularly. Any assistance appreciated.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
LHR-JNB Club World January 2018

Looking similar to some other menus posted and referred to:-

Starters

Salad

Main
• Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
• Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce
• Chilled Main Course Salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing

Dessert
• A selection of fruit
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
LHR - DXB 2nd January (CW)

Starters

• Mezze plate featuring avocado hummus with tahini, grilled aubergine pepper salad and kibbet batata with stuffed grapeleaves and Salamanca olives

Main

• Braised British beef in a thyme sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Roasted Arabic spiced neck of lamb with kouzi rice, pistachio, pine nuts, green bean tomato stew with a lamb pomegranate sauce

Dessert

• A selection of fresh fruit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.