Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
BA31 LHR-HKG December (WTP)
  • Chicken in XO sauce with stir fried kai lan in soy sauce and egg fried rice
  • Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
Any recommendations?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Chicken in XO sauce is a hardy perennial. It's what I'd usually go for - it's reliable and does what it says on the tin.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold

December 2017 In-flight menu

BA11 London to Singapore 19:05

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Devonshire hand picked crab, sautéed tiger prawn with avocado and tomato salsa
  • Croxton Manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Damson and Juniper dressing or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Stir fried chicken with red peppers, pak choi with fried garlic and steamed rice
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried North Atlantic cod fillet, lobster Ravioli with shellfish sauce
  • Chestnut and pumpkin nut roast, chateau potatoes, sautéed sprouts with onion and tomato gravy
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Toffee chocolate cylinder served with a crisp nut mix
  • Warm apple and blackberry crumble
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Lincolnshire Poacher
  • WensleyDale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
The second starter sounds interesting... as someone who lives in cheltenham, I have never heard of “Cheltenham beetroot”. If you do get a chance to try it out, let me know how it is :-)
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
http://www.seedaholic.com/beetroot-c...green-top.html
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Your knowledge never cease to amaze me :-)

Little did I know...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I didn’t have a clue but Goggle is my friend.
LondonCanuck and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
LGW - BGI Club World December

Starters

Smoked Scottish salmon with chervil scented sliced radish salad

Mezze plate of aubergine spiced oregano goats cheese and chilli hummus

Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Pan seared British fillet steak with a truffled parsley crust, dauphinoise potatoes and morel mushroom jus

Green Thai chicken breast curry with Jasmine rice and sautéed baby pak choi

Mushroom and black truffle filled tortellini with creamed tomato and basil coulis

Giant couscous quinoa with crumbled feta cheese edamame bean and prawn salad

Dessert

Apple and blackberry crisp with vanilla Anglaise

Selection of Cheeses Cornish Yarg, Bleu D' Auvergne and Gillot Camembert with Quince Jelly

A selection of fruit
Same as my flight to Antigua in December
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire

BA279 London to San Jose (CA) 12:50

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Severn and Wye orange and fennel cured gravadlax Scottish salmon , salmon tartare and dill crème fraîche
  • Vegetarian red quinoa Scotch egg with truffle cream, pickled girolle mushroom and artichoke salad
  • Leek and potato soup with buckwheat and chives
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Braised British beef with herbed polenta chips, salt beef buttered cabbage, roasted beetroot, tenderstem broccoli and port jus
  • Pan fried stone bass with tomato and bean cassoulet, wilted spinach and roasted baby fennel
  • Pork belly with braised pork cheek, celeriac fondant, apple and black pudding mash with Calvados sauce
  • Penne pasta with Rosary goats cheese in a crème fraîche sauce, roasted butternut squash and patty pans
  • Main course salad of seared tiger prawns, fattoush and farro salad with a lemon and sumac dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate marquise on an almond and chocolate base
  • Warm apple tart tatin
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat
BA73 London to Abu Dhabi 13:20

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight

Starters
  • Mezze plate featuring chicken taouk kebab, Kishk Manakish, avocado hummus, grilled aubergine pepper salad, kibbet batata and stuffed grapeleaves
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Damson and Juniper dressing or honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Roasted Arabic spiced neck of lamb with Kouzi rice, pistachio and pine nuts with green bean tomato stew and lamb pomegranate sauce
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and rosemary jus
  • Chicken tikka masala with coriander rice, tadka dal and cauliflower pakora
  • Chestnut and pumpkin nut roast, chateau potatoes, sautéed sprouts with onion and tomato gravy
  • Main course salad of seared scallops on a sweet pepper, cashew nut and spring onion salad with chilli dressing
Desserts
  • Toffee chocolate cylinder served with a crisp nut mix
  • Warm apple and blackberry crumble
  • Madagascan vanilla Ice Cream
Cheese Plate
  • Lincolnshire Poacher
  • WensleyDale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda

Last edited by JeffAA; Nov 19, 2017 at 3:46 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold

BA 31 LHR - HKG CW December 2017

Starters

• Smoked breast of Gressingham duck with plum & ginger chutney, radish and crispy shallot
  • Beancurd roll filled with oyster mushroom, green bean & carrot with grilled king oyster mushroom, soy & sesame dressing

Salad

• Mixed salad leaves with cherry tomato, cucumber and parmesan

Main

• Seared fillet of West Country beef, smoked mashed potato, braised savoy cabbage, carrot and red wine jus
  • Pork rib jin du sauce egg fried rice, kai lan & sugar snap peas and carrot
  • Ragu of British mushrooms conchiglie pasta and wilted spinach
  • Citrus scented free range chicken breast with spiced lentil salad and coriander dressing

Dessert

• Sea salt brownie mille fueille with wildberry compote
  • Kidderton Ash Shropshire Blue and Butler's Secret cheeses served with quince jelly and grapes
  • A selection of fresh seasonal fruit
As a non meat eater I'm pretty disappointed there isn't a fish or seafood option, and the vegetarian option isn't particularly exciting, the mille fueille sounds nice for dessert though :-)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
How do you get these Menu listings? All I have is the Select your Main! Or am I being attacked by ba.com?

Or is ex-LGW to CPT too nasty to include in the process?

Last edited by T8191; Nov 20, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
BA 31 LHR - HKG CW December 2017
Thanks for posting this - I'd been getting a "technical error" until I tried again on seeing your post.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
How do you get these Menu listings? All I have is the Select your Main! Or am I being attacked by ba.com?

Or is ex-LGW to CPT too nasty to include in the process?
In MMB / Order In-Flight meals / Choose your meal and just above the list of main course there should be a hyperlink View Menu.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks for posting this - I'd been getting a "technical error" until I tried again on seeing your post.
I'd had the same issue since last Wednesday, luckily it all worked today! Although my wife is in a state of shock that one of the options involves smoked mash :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.