Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
F Menu LHR-LAS 27/12

Starters

• Devonshire hand picked crab, sautéed tiger prawn with avocado and tomato salsa
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Damson and Juniper dressing or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Chicken tikka masala with coriander rice, tadka dal and cauliflower pakora
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried North Atlantic cod fillet, lobster ravioli with shellfish sauce
  • Chestnut and pumpkin nut roast, chateau potatoes, sautéed sprouts with onion and tomato gravy
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Toffee chocolate cylinder served with a crisp nut mix
  • Warm apple and blackberry crumble
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Lincolnshire Poacher
  • WensleyDale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda

Thinking braised beef, as it should be tender, unlike overdone fillet steak...

Starters sound tasty
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I am flying LHR-EWR in F mid-December and have tried several times to pre-order my main but I keep being told on the website that due to a technical problem the selection process in unavailable and I'll be able to order onboard. Has anyone else encountered this/am I clicking on the wrong thing?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I am flying LHR-EWR in F mid-December and have tried several times to pre-order my main but I keep being told on the website that due to a technical problem the selection process in unavailable and I'll be able to order onboard. Has anyone else encountered this/am I clicking on the wrong thing?
Just give you first a ring and they can do it for you.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Have just checked and same menu to ORD in a couple of weeks. Had the stone bass back in August (and an almost identical menu) and wasn't overly impressed - it was very bland. Have had similar dishes to the pork belly and beef before too, so will probably go for the salad as well.
Ended up having the salad and enjoyed it a good bit. Didn't expect the prawns to be warm, but they weren't too rubbery. Also had the salmon starter and the soup. All very tasty as was the apple dessert.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:00 pm

The menu below was also served for LHR to YYZ.

App - I tried them all. The potato and leek soup was the best one, quite tasty.
Main - had the stone bass - awful, fish fillet was large but very dry and without flavour. Akin to eating a mouthful of cotton pads. Please order anything else.
Dessert - had the apple tart. Very good! I also had the cheese plate later ... all the cheeses were lovely.

I would like to add that this was the first time I flew BA First. I found it to be quite lacking in comparison to LH First. There was no caviar and the food quality was lacking. Service was friendly but you could sense a rush as the BA Cabin had many more passengers than LH Cabin. The lavs are deplorable and are just regular tiny lavs, no differentiation from economy. The Cabin was looking a bit tired and the seats were similar to business class seats. Overall I would not consider this to be a first class experience, rather a business class experience. To be fair, LH charges significantly more so I guess you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by baileysserpant
BA279 London to San Jose (CA) 12:50

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.Starters
  • Severn and Wye orange and fennel cured gravadlax Scottish salmon , salmon tartare and dill crème fraîche
  • Vegetarian red quinoa Scotch egg with truffle cream, pickled girolle mushroom and artichoke salad
  • Leek and potato soup with buckwheat and chives
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing
Main
  • Braised British beef with herbed polenta chips, salt beef buttered cabbage, roasted beetroot, tenderstem broccoli and port jus
  • Pan fried stone bass with tomato and bean cassoulet, wilted spinach and roasted baby fennel
  • Pork belly with braised pork cheek, celeriac fondant, apple and black pudding mash with Calvados sauce
  • Penne pasta with Rosary goats cheese in a crème fraîche sauce, roasted butternut squash and patty pans
  • Main course salad of seared tiger prawns, fattoush and farro salad with a lemon and sumac dressing
Desserts
  • Chocolate marquise on an almond and chocolate base
  • Warm apple tart tatin
Cheese Plate
  • Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie

Last edited by midnightmartini; Nov 30, 2017 at 3:03 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc

20th December 2017
BA207 London to Miami 09:15

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Wild mushroom quail egg and artichoke salad with truffle cream and black olive biscotti

Salad

• Fresh winter salad of marinated mouli and green beans

Main

• Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Roast corn fed chicken breast with braised cabbage, pancetta, roast potatoes and thyme jus
  • Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce
  • Chilled Main Course Salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing

Dessert

• Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit

Basically posh "chicken or beef"
I have that same menu for JNB - not overly inspiring - any recommendations on the chicken or beef?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by midnightmartini

Main - had the sea bass - awful, fish fillet was large but very dry and without flavour. Akin to eating a mouthful of cotton pads. Please order anything else.
Sorry, don't mean to sound pedantic, but the fish on offer is actually a stone bass and not a sea bass. It's a completely different fish, from a completely different family (also called wreckfish)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I have that same menu for JNB - not overly inspiring - any recommendations on the chicken or beef?
Yes have same menu too to KUL. That vegetarian option is unbelievable, tomatoes in a tomato sauce with pasta?
After recent experiences of CW food I'll be taking emergency supplies with me just in case.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:13 am

I fear it's going to be even harder to choose something you actually might like once the number of main course choices drops from 4 to 3 and it's going to pretty much be meat, fish or veggie (although with the speed at which the roll out is happening, we may not need to worry about that for some time.)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: LH SEN
LHR to JFK Dec 28th, 2017, First

Starters

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crème fraiche, caper berries and cress
  • Twice baked goats cheese soufflé with caramelised red onion marmalade and fresh rocket
  • Lobster bisque finished with brandy, served with cheese straws
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of thousand Island dressing or olive oil balsamic dressing

Main

• Seared duo of lamb with pomegranate jus, served with Moroccan cous cous, buttered baby carrots and sautéed okra
  • Indian butter chicken with smoked coriander rice, oven baked cauliflower and mustard raita
  • Slow braised Beef and kidneys in Yorkshire Pudding with mashed potato and seasonal baby vegetables
  • Pappardelle and courgette ribbons, bound in a truffle cream sauce, served with fresh green asparagus and slow roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Warm king prawns with a salad of picked wild radish, baby corn, wasabi infused potatoes and finished with a sakura dressing

Desserts

• Classic tarte au citron
  • Warm plum and almond pudding served with vanilla crème Anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Somerset Brie
  • Keens Cheddar
  • Cropwell Bishop Stilton

Wow - kidneys as an in-flight food option. I am an adventurous eater but also like good food - anybody ever had that or something similar on a BA flight? Was it good?

Have safe travels

Primenumber
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA loving their cheese straws lately...
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

BA39 London to Beijing 16:20

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Devonshire hand picked crab, sautéed tiger prawn with avocado and tomato salsa
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Damson and Juniper dressing or Honey mustard dressing

Main

• Beijing chicken with sesame sauce, fried tofu with celery and peppers, egg fried rice
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried North Atlantic cod fillet, lobster Ravioli with shellfish sauce
  • Chestnut and pumpkin nut roast, chateau potatoes, sautéed sprouts with onion and tomato gravy
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Toffee chocolate cylinder served with a crisp nut mix
  • Warm apple and blackberry crumble

Cheese Plate

• Lincolnshire Poacher
  • WensleyDale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda

No kidney
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Primenumber
Wow - kidneys as an in-flight food option. I am an adventurous eater but also like good food - anybody ever had that or something similar on a BA flight? Was it good?

I admit it would leave me a bit worried: I like kidneys but it is one food which gets really horrid and rubbery when overcooked, which is the name of the game with plane food.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:29 am

BA199 London to Mumbai 20:50 CW

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Papdi Chaat with tamarind chutney

Salad

• Fresh winter salad of marinated mouli and green beans

Main

• British rump of lamb in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Matar paneer and jeera pilau with tamarind okra (Diced paneer with curried peas, served with cumin flavoured rice and okra cooked in tamarind sauce)
  • Butter chicken with kaali dal and pea pilau (Chicken cooked in rich tomato sauce with butter, almonds and spices served with seasoned black lentils dal and pea pilau)
  • Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing

Dessert

• Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Primenumber

Starters

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crème fraiche, caper berries and cress
  • Twice baked goats cheese soufflé with caramelised red onion marmalade and fresh rocket
  • Lobster bisque finished with brandy, served with cheese straws
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of thousand Island dressing or olive oil balsamic dressing

Main

• Seared duo of lamb with pomegranate jus, served with Moroccan cous cous, buttered baby carrots and sautéed okra
  • Indian butter chicken with smoked coriander rice, oven baked cauliflower and mustard raita
  • Slow braised Beef and kidneys in Yorkshire Pudding with mashed potato and seasonal baby vegetables
  • Pappardelle and courgette ribbons, bound in a truffle cream sauce, served with fresh green asparagus and slow roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Warm king prawns with a salad of picked wild radish, baby corn, wasabi infused potatoes and finished with a sakura dressing

Desserts

• Classic tarte au citron
  • Warm plum and almond pudding served with vanilla crème Anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Somerset Brie
  • Keens Cheddar
  • Cropwell Bishop Stilton

Have safe travels

Primenumber
interesting. I am flying F LHR EWR on 28th December (789) and completely different menu.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.