Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by snuffi
They'll be starting to cook it soon!

Anyhow, I'm off to ATL soon with my daughter on a 2-4-1 and the F menu is

Steak + chips, cabbage, beetroot , broccoli
Cod, new potatoes, carrots, beurre-blanc sauce
Duck with spring onion mash, puy lentils, roast root vegetables
Wild mushroom risotto mizuna, parmesan salad
Grilled tiger prawn salad

They all sound good so I am just not sure. Given going to US I see little need to eat steak, has anyone had the duck as I do like puy lentils?
I've now tried all these dishes and all are pleasant enough, nothing special. The beef was served to medium temperature (on a B747!) and whilst not the easiest thing to cut with the blunt knives, it was tender enough to eat. I particularly enjoyed the risotto dish when I last had that.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sueoverend
So disappointed with the main course selection for our trip to Chicago in F next month, particularly the beef:

Braised British beef with herbed polenta chips, salt beef buttered cabbage, roasted beetroot, tenderstem broccoli and port jus".

There is nothing else on the menu that I really like, so am not sure what to do. There have been some lovely menus on earlier flights this year, so am gutted!

Guess I will have to have the beef and pick out the polenta chips and beetroot, or have a good meal in the CCR before we leave.

Are Bacon Rolls available during day flights or this just a breakfast option?
You won't need to pick out the polenta chips (which are not too bad actually), there are 4 cubed chips presented on the plate. The beetroot is one small slice that sits atop of the beef.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:25 pm

I'm not wowed by my F main course choices on LHR JFK in a couple of weeks:

Rack of lamb on thyme jus with grilled polenta tart, wilted baby spinach and topped with classic ratatouille

Chicken supreme Kashmiri style with mango pilaf, broccoli saag and beetroot chutney

Slow braised pork belly with creamed potato, broccolini and seasonal vegetables

Grilled vegetable Gyozas served with green beans, drizzled in miso soya dressing and sesame seeds

Main course salad featuring Severn & Wye hot smoked fillet of salmon with cucumber ribbons and creamy celeriac

No steak option (or any beef), no fish except the salad, and even the comfort food option is not to my taste (I find pork belly too fatty to be appetising).

Not too worried, will still have a great flight, but surprised at these choices and was hoping for a little better from Do and Co given the CW upgrade in food.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:37 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Menu BA175 LHR - JFK in F
5th Nov

Grilled fillet of beef homemade potato gnocchi with parmesan cream and sautéed wild mushrooms

Grilled medley of fish featuring Dover sole, salmon fillet and king prawns, served with saffron pilaf and baby vegetables

Cumberland sausages with potato puree, seasonal vegetables and caramelised red onion jus

Ricotta ravioli with truffle cream sauce, sundried tomatoes and Kalamata olives garnished with fresh rocket

Fresh figs chanterelle and pomegranate salad with warm breast of spring chicken and balsamic dressing

Torn between steak or sausages
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by sueoverend
So disappointed with the main course selection for our trip to Chicago in F next month, particularly the beef:

Braised British beef with herbed polenta chips, salt beef buttered cabbage, roasted beetroot, tenderstem broccoli and port jus".

There is nothing else on the menu that I really like, so am not sure what to do. There have been some lovely menus on earlier flights this year, so am gutted!

Guess I will have to have the beef and pick out the polenta chips and beetroot, or have a good meal in the CCR before we leave.

Are Bacon Rolls available during day flights or this just a breakfast option?
Also struggling with this menu
Almost thought 'chose on board' was the best option
Duck sounds the most interesting
Usually like fish on planes but Cod.....
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:24 am

The Duck was very good and quite a large portion considering it was on an aircraft. Mrs. cheeks reported that the Cod was very tasty, and she is not easily pleased.

No photos due to me being a technical moron .
orlando flyer likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver

BA213 London to Boston 11:15 - CW

Starters

• Confit chicken and apple terrine with spiced apple compote and an oat and honey granola
  • Rosary goats cheese with butternut squash carpaccio pecan and cranberry salad with a port and honey gel

Salad

• Fresh autumn salad of mixed leaf with olives and toasted broad beans

Main

• Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Salmon and smoked haddock fish pie with duchess potato, baby fennel and a white wine cream sauce
  • Thai vegetable curry with steamed Jasmine rice
  • Chilled main course salad of lemon and thyme corn fed chicken, beetroot slaw, edamame beans with sweet mustard dressing

Dessert

• Flourless almond, blackcurrant and orange slice with vanilla mascarpone
  • Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie cheeses served with quince jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad

BA213 London to Boston 11:15 - CW

Starters

• Confit chicken and apple terrine with spiced apple compote and an oat and honey granola
  • Rosary goats cheese with butternut squash carpaccio pecan and cranberry salad with a port and honey gel

Salad

• Fresh autumn salad of mixed leaf with olives and toasted broad beans

Main

• Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Salmon and smoked haddock fish pie with duchess potato, baby fennel and a white wine cream sauce
  • Thai vegetable curry with steamed Jasmine rice
  • Chilled main course salad of lemon and thyme corn fed chicken, beetroot slaw, edamame beans with sweet mustard dressing

Dessert

• Flourless almond, blackcurrant and orange slice with vanilla mascarpone
  • Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie cheeses served with quince jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Very similar to my menu for BA31 to HKG next month. I was thinking about a Thai vegetable curry rather than yet another beef meal.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DrGee
Very similar to my menu for BA31 to HKG next month. I was thinking about a Thai vegetable curry rather than yet another beef meal.
Ditto Joburg. Any experiences of fish pie in CW?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BA235
Ditto Joburg. Any experiences of fish pie in CW?
Not so far. That is the one difference to my menu. Had it been available I might have gone for that.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by DrGee
That's exactly my plan but I'm vegetarian
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:28 am

BA165 London to Tel Aviv - First

Starters

• Fresh orange juice
  • Mango buttermilk smoothie
  • A selection of yoghurts
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Beetroot cured Balik style smoked salmon with horseradish cream
  • A wide selection of breakfast pastries, croissants and rolls

Main

• Mixed grill featuring beef fillet, veal sausage and traditional breakfast accompaniments
  • Ricotta spinach omelette with asparagus, potato roesti, sautéed mushrooms and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Chocolate hazelnut French toast with minted raspberries
  • Warm baguette with beef fillet, tomato chilli relish and fresh rocket
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
LHR-DEL

Looks like the Indian Main Course (and starter) is similar to the FIRST offering a few posts back

Starters

Confit chicken and apple terrine with spiced apple compote and an oat and honey granola
Dhokla with mint chutney and sambharo
Salad

Fresh autumn salad of mixed leaf with olives and toasted broad beans
Main

Salmon and smoked haddock fish pie with duchess potato, baby fennel and a white wine cream sauce
Malai kofta with bhindi ki sabji and pea pilau (Fried vegetarian dumplings in rich tomato cream sauce with cashew nuts cooked with tomato and onion and pea pilau).
Lamb rogan josh and coriander pilau with tadka dal (Lamb cooked in oil and spices with tomatoes served with coriander flavoured pilau and yellow lentils).
Chilled main course salad of lemon and thyme corn fed chicken, beetroot slaw, edamame beans with sweet mustard dressing
Dessert

Flourless almond blackcurrant and orange slice with vanilla mascarpone
Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie cheeses served with quince jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Smile

FIRST on BA143 London to New Delhi 10:25 Monday 23 Oft:

Starters
Seared scallops with bacon jam, parsley root purée, Thai shallots and verjus dressing

Dhokla with aloo bonda hara bhara, vegetable pakora, mint chutney and sambharo

Leek and potato soup with buckwheat and chives

Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard dressing or Caesar dressing

Main
Lamb rogan josh and coriander pilau with tadka dal (Lamb cooked in oil and spices with tomatoes served with coriander flavoured pilau and yellow lentils).

Malai kofta with bhindi ki sabji and pea pilau (Fried vegetarian dumplings in rich tomato cream sauce with cashew nuts cooked with tomato and onion and pea pilau)

Pan fried Atlantic cod fillet, crushed new potatoes, heritage carrots, samphire, carrot purée with an orange beurre blanc sauce

Confit of Gressingham duck leg with spring onion mash, braised puy lentils, roasted root vegetables, garlic and duck jus
Main course salad of seared tiger prawns, fattoush and farro salad with a lemon and sumac dressing

Desserts
Baked vanilla cheesecake with strawberry compote
Warm pecan and hazelnut treacle tart
Madagascan vanilla ice cream
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
BA213 on 21 November F menu

Starters

Severn and Wye orange and fennel cured gravadlax Scottish salmon , salmon tartare and dill crème fraîche
Vegetarian red quinoa Scotch egg with truffle cream, pickled girolle mushroom and artichoke salad
Leek and potato soup with buckwheat and chives
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

Braised British beef with herbed polenta chips, salt beef buttered cabbage, roasted beetroot, tenderstem broccoli and port jus
Pan fried stone bass with tomato and bean cassoulet, wilted spinach and roasted baby fennel
Pork belly with braised pork cheek, celeriac fondant, apple and black pudding mash with Calvados sauce
Penne pasta with Rosary goats cheese in a crème fraîche sauce, roasted butternut squash and patty pans
Main course salad of seared tiger prawns, fattoush and farro salad with a lemon and sumac dressing

Desserts

Chocolate marquise on an almond and chocolate base
Warm apple tart tatin
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

Shropshire Blue
Gillot Camembert
Godminster
Tomme De Savoie

Currently going for the prawn salad but would love to hear how the fish and the beef are.

(Edited to fix the spacing in the menu.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.