Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
BA175, LHR-JFK, 19-AUG-17, F

Starters
  • Seared tuna with tonnato sauce and olive tapenade
  • Warm plum tomato tart tatin with sour cream and basil pesto
  • Pumpkin soup with caramelized pumpkin and fried sage
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Caesar dressing or red wine vinaigrette dressing

Main
  • Barbecued Heritage beef cheek with chunky chips, seared asparagus and vine on cherry tomatoes
  • Pan fried Panko encrusted swordfish and Atlantic salmon, served with lobster and passionfruit bisque and creamy black risotto
  • Duchy originals pork sausages with potato puree, seasonal vegetables and caramelised red onion jus
  • Homemade mascarpone ravioli with fragrant lemon sauce, broccoli florets and lemon chips
  • Fresh figs chanterelle and pomegranate salad with warm breast of spring chicken and balsamic dressing

Desserts
  • Crispy dark chocolate bar with salted caramel sauce
  • Warm plum and almond tart served with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board
  • Coulommier
  • Double Gloucester
  • Cropwell Bishop Stilton

I'd be tempted by the beef if it wasn't for the confusing description. Beef cheek implies slow cooking, but "barbecued"?
Not a fish fan so for hot meals that leaves me with what is basically bangers & mash or the flavour puzzle that is the pasta option.
Will avoid pre-ordering and quiz the crew on the day I think, unless anybody has encountered this menu before and has a recommendation.

The cheese selection appears remarkably dull, unless that Double Gloucester is a particularly fine unpasteurised example.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi all, I have the following on BA143 to DEL next month:

Starters

-Seared scallop with smoked salmon and crab Boudin Blanc, salsify purée, compressed apple and Thai shallots
-Papdi chaat with aloo bonda, hara bahra, vegetable pakora and tamarind chutney
-Chicken consomme with fresh mushroom tortellini
-Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette dressing or blue cheese dressing

Mains

-Pressed shoulder of British lamb with chervil ratte potatoes, broad bean purée, sautéed king oyster mushroom, chargrilled spring onions and Bordelaise sauce
-Matar paneer and jeera pilau with tamarind okra
-Butter chicken with kaali dal and pea pilau
-Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence
-Main course salad of Loch Fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

Has anybody tried the pan fried stone bass? I do like the sound of some of the Indian options, but with two weeks of Indian food ahead of me I feel like something else may be a good idea...!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by dilpat84
Hi all, I have the following on BA143 to DEL next month:

Has anybody tried the pan fried stone bass? I do like the sound of some of the Indian options, but with two weeks of Indian food ahead of me I feel like something else may be a good idea...!
I liked the bass. Others on here have taken a different view. I also liked the salmon salad.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Still the same menu from June...

Starters:

Seared scallop with smoked salmon and crab boudin blanc, salsify purée, compressed apple and Thai shallots

Baked Camembert with a garlic and rosemary crust, chargrilled ciabatta with port and pear chutney

Chicken consomme with fresh mushroom tortellini

Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main:

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with chervil ratte potatoes, broad bean purée, sautéed king oyster mushroom, chargrilled spring onions and Bordelaise sauce

Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence

British beef burger with chorizo, guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet potato fries

Risotto primavera with chargrilled baby courgette, parmesan and rocket salad

Main course salad of Loch Fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

Desserts:

Lemon almond and lime galette
Warm chocolate and salted caramel pudding
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate:

Lincolnshire Poacher
Wensley Dale Blue
Camembert Somerset
Vintage Gouda
I have this menu for a flight to EWR before the bank holiday weekend next month. What's hilarious is I've had bass (albeit sea bass) then the chocolate and salted caramel pudding on a BA flight before - on the same flight to EWR before the bank holiday weekend last year...

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Jul 25, 2017 at 4:54 am
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
This is for a relatively early flight to JFK in August.

What are the accompaniments to the mixed grill?

Mixed grill featuring British bacon, pork sausage, grilled chicken and traditional breakfast accompaniments

Belgian chocolate chip pancakes with sour cherry ragout

Parmesan and pesto omelette with sautéed mushrooms, grilled asparagus, oven roasted tomato and potato roesti

Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
BA33 LHR-KUL 25th Aug F

Starters
  • Seared scallop with smoked salmon and crab Boudin Blanc, salsify purée, compressed apple and Thai shallots
  • Baked Camembert with a garlic and rosemary crust, chargrilled ciabatta with port and pear chutney
  • Chicken consomme with fresh mushroom tortellini
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main
  • Chicken in ginger and soy sauce, broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce with steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with chervil ratte potatoes, broad bean purée, sautéed king oyster mushroom, chargrilled spring onions and Bordelaise sauce
  • British chicken burger with guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet potato fries
  • Risotto primavera with chargrilled baby courgette, parmesan and rocket salad
  • Main course salad of Loch Fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

Desserts
  • Lemon almond and lime galette
  • Warm chocolate and salted caramel pudding
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate
  • Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Wensley Dale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda

Chicken burger?! Think I may try this, depending on what I have in the CCR first! Also thinking Camembert to start
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Originally Posted by aidy
Perfect thanks, it appears WTP is pretty bare now.

Starter
Spicy coleslaw

Main
Seared fillet of British beef with horseradish ratte potatoes, asparagus, roasted cauliflower and London Porter and thyme sauce
Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice

Dessert
Chocolate and orange pot
The writer is told to look at the link http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28096887 but this does not work any more. Can someone explain what it says?
I need to be careful what I eat due to occasional IBS reactions. There's no info on Special meals and I don't want to end up choosing one and ending up with a tasteless plate.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
BA175, LHR-JFK, 1-SEP-17, F

Starters
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crème fraîche, caper berries and cress
  • Twice baked goats cheese soufflé with caramelised red onion marmalade and fresh rocket
  • Lobster bisque finished with brandy, served with cheese straws
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of thousand Island dressing or olive oil balsamic dressing

Main
  • Seared duo of lamb with pomegranate jus, served with Moroccan couscous, buttered baby carrots and sautéed okra
  • Indian butter chicken with smoked coriander rice, oven baked cauliflower and mustard raita
  • Beef steak and kidneys wit baby vegetables and potato mash
  • Pappardelle and courgette ribbons, bound in a truffle cream sauce, served with fresh green asparagus and slow roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Warm king prawns with a salad of picked wild radish, baby corn, wasabi infused potatoes and finished with a sakura dressing

Desserts
  • Classic tarte au citron
  • Warm plum and almond tart served with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board
  • Somerset Brie
  • Keens Cheddar
  • Stilton Cheese

Might give the lamb a try.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
BA33 LHR-KUL 25th Aug F

Chicken burger?! Think I may try this, depending on what I have in the CCR first! Also thinking Camembert to start
I recently had the Camembert and it was tasty, but rather than being crusted, it was buried in breadcrumbs.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:41 am

Hope this doesn't count as being off topic, but:

I appreciate things can change with two weeks still to go, and I don't know for sure about 1A/K, but my flight to Delhi on the 18th currently appears to only have me and my partner in F. I'm not sure that I want to preorder as I may change my mind on the day, but if we end up being the only two pax in the cabin, am I right in thinking they likely won't load two of each meal so I may not end up with my first choice from the menu?

If I do preorder, will they likely just load what I ordered and nothing else?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct there won't be two of everything loaded, they will still cater a full menu even if you choose your main course.
Which seats have you chosen, I see that both flights are on the B787-9?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:24 am

Thanks CIHY. Currently in 2E/2F...I'd assume there's no huge difference between row 1 and row 2. Chose 2 as it's that little bit further from the loo/galley. It's my partner's first First, and my first 787 First so very much looking forward to it!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You have the best seats for a couple, let the crew know that it is your partners first time in First.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze
BA173 LHR-JFK CW 5th September

Starters

Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare, wasabi crème fraîche
Burrata tomato carpaccio olive oil and balsamic dressing
Creamy butternut squash soup

Salad

Fresh seasonal leaf salad served with grilled vegetables

Main

Best of Heritage beef homemade gnocchi in curry mustard sauce, pan fried green asparagus
Line caught grilled Cornish dover sole, Mediterranean lentils, celeriac mousseline, lemon butter
Homemade artichoke ravioli, grated parmesan

Desserts

DO and CO s double chocolate medley
Lemon tart
Viennese style apple strudel
Fresh strawberries
Somerset Brie Keens Cheddar, Stilton, Walnuts, Grapes

I can't help wondering what 'Best of heritage beef' means - especially as it will be accompanied by gnocci in a 'curry and mustard sauce' - I am feeling adventurous so might try it - MrD is having the fish.
He is very glad to see soup being offered as a starter.

Last edited by missdimeaner; Aug 5, 2017 at 10:07 am Reason: Found the entire menu
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
BA173 LHR-JFK CW 5th September

Starters

Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare, wasabi crème fraîche
Burrata tomato carpaccio olive oil and balsamic dressing
Creamy butternut squash soup

Salad

Fresh seasonal leaf salad served with grilled vegetables

Main

Best of Heritage beef homemade gnocchi in curry mustard sauce, pan fried green asparagus
Line caught grilled Cornish dover sole, Mediterranean lentils, celeriac mousseline, lemon butter
Homemade artichoke ravioli, grated parmesan

Desserts

DO and CO s double chocolate medley
Lemon tart
Viennese style apple strudel
Fresh strawberries
Somerset Brie Keens Cheddar, Stilton, Walnuts, Grapes

I can't help wondering what 'Best of heritage beef' means - especially as it will be accompanied by gnocci in a 'curry and mustard sauce' - I am feeling adventurous so might try it - MrD is having the fish.
He is very glad to see soup being offered as a starter.
That looks an interesting menu and BA tend to do good soups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.