Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nbevan
Automated alerts of changes to other flight would need a subscription service like Tripit Pro or App in the air.
I have no problem with paying for a subscription service, but I don't see anything out there which gives what MyFlights gave.
rossmacd and Calchas like this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by mikebg
I have no problem with paying for a subscription service, but I don't see anything out there which gives what MyFlights gave.
Agreed. I was intending to refer to subscription services that provide automated alerts of near departure changes to non-Amadeus flights. For BA flights, the combination of the free AwardWallet and checkmytrip appear to do a reasonable job of monitoring changes.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
#162 and very sorry to see it go!

It's a shame. Also not the faintest idea why Amadeus is so intent on pushing their own inferior product. Must be a matter of personal pride of one of the managers there....
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Oh dear.I am failing as only ranked 9307. In my defence I did only find the app very late - a year ago!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Farewell, MyFlights! And thank you once again, schofs, for a great idea and a great product - not least because of virtues that so few other modern websites display, namely simplicity and effectiveness.

I don't know whether the rankings will get updated any more now, but I see that I have ended up at 913, despite never having used it as a mobile phone app and only coming on board when the website was launched.
A1pax, aks120, rossmacd and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA

395th and apparently top 1%.

not that you are in any way competitive but where did you finish @chris1979 ?
My button is bigger than yours! and more powerful!

And whilst size is important, it's about what you do with it!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:25 am

With Myflights gone (still feeling very sad), I decided to download checkmytrip app on the iPhone. There has been a very weird thing showed up in one of my bookings. The flight is not until June, but checkmytrip showed the trip is "ongoing" from 4th October 2017 to July 2018 ??? Besides the flight details, it also showed "Miscellaneous - Roberts Field, Redmond/Bend, OR - started 4th October 2017, description PEROW" (by the way the booking was a 241 and made in mid-August 2017). I then googled and found these 2 old threads about the Redmond/Bend airport - What happens in Redmond, Oregon (and why) ? (over 13 years ago) - and PEROW - "PEROW" - What's that? (over 5 years ago) - It seemed that Amadeus has had problems and still having problems with BA res? Annoyingly there is probably no way to correct the booking to show correctly, without the extraneous miscellaneous info?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by A1pax
It seemed that Amadeus has had problems and still having problems with BA res? Annoyingly there is probably no way to correct the booking to show correctly, without the extraneous miscellaneous info?
The miscellaneous information is in the booking because BA wants it there. The public interfaces for Amadeus misinterpret this information - but as you have seen, 'twas ever thus.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The miscellaneous information is in the booking because BA wants it there. The public interfaces for Amadeus misinterpret this information - but as you have seen, 'twas ever thus.
Thanks, Globaliser. Still odd because checkmytrip showed my trip started 4th October 2017 and not June 2018 - out of sync dates (not in correct order) with my other bookings / flights in checkmytrip app.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
For info, I received my first notification of a timetable change from Checkmytrip. It does not tell you about seat changes etc but for the timetable change, the alert seemed quite effective.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by orbitmic
For info, I received my first notification of a timetable change from Checkmytrip. It does not tell you about seat changes etc but for the timetable change, the alert seemed quite effective.
How far before departure was that? I could not find any information on whether Checkmytrip automatically monitors in advance?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
How far before departure was that? I could not find any information on whether Checkmytrip automatically monitors in advance?
The trip is in September! I read somewhere suggestions that Checkmytrip only monitored in the last three days or something but clearly my experience shows that this is inaccurate and there are some checks (I have no idea how frequent or systematic) from the time you enter the booking on the app, even if that is months before the flight.

Incidentally an extremely minor issue with Checkmytrip is that flights remain ordered by date of first flight rather than by date of the next flight (as with MyFlights) which I found far more practical as someone who often nests tickets.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:47 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
One thing I will say about CMT is that it is very good at notifying schedule changes on the day. Last week flying from GLA, in the 40 minutes drive from home to the airport, I had an email (didn’t see it until I had checked in at the desk because I was driving) informing me of a delay. 10 minutes after I checked in, I got another notification that the delay had decreased, 2 minutes later that it increased again and just as I got to the lounge, that the flight departure was now on time.

One slightly annoying feature that I have noticed is receiving a notification on the day of travel (for all the bookings I have now travelled on) about 5 hours before, saying the booking details have changed only to find that it is adding in and confirming the departure terminal. Some may find it useful but for myself, I know that all BA domestic departures leave T5 at LHR and flights departing GLA go from terminal M.

S
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:27 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by A1pax
With Myflights gone (still feeling very sad), I decided to download checkmytrip app on the iPhone. There has been a very weird thing showed up in one of my bookings. The flight is not until June, but checkmytrip showed the trip is "ongoing" from 4th October 2017 to July 2018 ??? Besides the flight details, it also showed "Miscellaneous - Roberts Field, Redmond/Bend, OR - started 4th October 2017, description PEROW" (by the way the booking was a 241 and made in mid-August 2017). I then googled and found these 2 old threads about the Redmond/Bend airport - What happens in Redmond, Oregon (and why) ? (over 13 years ago) - and PEROW - "PEROW" - What's that? (over 5 years ago) - It seemed that Amadeus has had problems and still having problems with BA res? Annoyingly there is probably no way to correct the booking to show correctly, without the extraneous miscellaneous info?
I have a Redmond/Bend too

Mine is "Redmond/Bend - Hobart", CMT departure date 2 July 2017

Actual departure date is 30 March 2018, and the routing is SYD-xMEL-oHBA-MEL, Avios redemption on QF
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Thumbs down No longer able to add (or change) manual bookings

While I appreciate bookings are no longer monitored, it is a shame the latest update has removed the functionality to add (or change) manually entered bookings. @schofs, what is the rationale for this? MyFlights is still useful for keeping track of all my flights, even if they aren't monitored for changes. At #677 I fly a bit and the app is a central place to keep bookings.
mec72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.