Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am a paying customer of AwardWallet for the last 5 years:
- It has never notified me of seat changes
Probably because AwardWallet does not retrieve seat numbers for BA flights (possible because they are at a secondary level in MMB). Unfortunately BA does not include seat numbers in email confirmations, so itineraries constructed from forwarding emails will not have them either.

I notice that AwardWallet does retrieve seat numbers for AA flight numbers.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Etihad Guest
Unhappy Really sad

Over time I became increasingly dependent of this app.
I now find myself scouring through the app store trying to find a remotely similar one.
Any suggestions please?
Markie and florens like this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by flyerguyUK
Over time I became increasingly dependent of this app.
I now find myself scouring through the app store trying to find a remotely similar one.
Any suggestions please?
Most of us are finding ourselves in the exact same predicament, which is why much of this very thread you are posting in discusses exactly that. Just read it and you'll find members' thoughts on alternatives, their advantages and their limitations.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by nbevan
Probably because AwardWallet does not retrieve seat numbers for BA flights (possible because they are at a secondary level in MMB). Unfortunately BA does not include seat numbers in email confirmations, so itineraries constructed from forwarding emails will not have them either.
The good news is that AwardWallet has responded to my feedback by adding flight numbers to the BA information retrieved. ^
The not so good news is that although MyFlightsApp notified me of the change after 8 hours, nothing from AwardWallet (or CheckMyTrip). But AwardWallet say they check for changes when you "update your account", so I requested this and I could see it retrieving all my reservations, after which it informed me of the seat change. Simpler than checking everything manually, so a viable alternative to MyFlightsApp for advance warning of changes if you request it periodically. (Can CheckMyTrip identify changes?)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
This may be one for @schofs - is there a way to extract the past flights information from MyFlights? Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by zat_dude
This may be one for @schofs - is there a way to extract the past flights information from MyFlights? Thanks.
If you mean, could MyFlights work the same way, I assume the answers is in principle yes. AwardWallet retrieves information by logging onto each frequent flyer account and screen-scraping. In principle MyFlights could do the same thing, although an early version of MyFlights got into trouble for screen-scraping (but I think it was screen-scraping CheckMyTrip).
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Isn't the real solution that Checkmytrip should offer an uber-fabulous contract to schofs for him to give their app some of the fabulous yet user friendly capacities that MyFlights has? It's not only sad to see the great app disappear, it is also and equally sad to see talent not fully exploited and retributed! He might not wish this on the face of it but hey, for each of us there are offers so good we just can't refuse them!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:52 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Originally Posted by zat_dude
Hi - I will be coding a way to export the data from MyFlights into hopefully useful format, but that'll be next year (but definitely before your data is deleted unless you delete your account first)
Koru Flyer, IThink, wyvern and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
Hi - I will be coding a way to export the data from MyFlights into hopefully useful format, but that'll be next year (but definitely before your data is deleted unless you delete your account first)
Thanks schofs!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Originally Posted by nbevan
The good news is that AwardWallet has responded to my feedback by adding flight numbers to the BA information retrieved. ^
The not so good news is that although MyFlightsApp notified me of the change after 8 hours, nothing from AwardWallet (or CheckMyTrip). But AwardWallet say they check for changes when you "update your account", so I requested this and I could see it retrieving all my reservations, after which it informed me of the seat change. Simpler than checking everything manually, so a viable alternative to MyFlightsApp for advance warning of changes if you request it periodically. (Can CheckMyTrip identify changes?)
AwardWallet does not seem to receive e-ticket numbers or the full fare code, and it does not seem to retrieve the booking class or seat number for all airlines either (they are there for BA and VA flights retrieved through membership number, but not for a VS flights retrieved through booking reference entry.

Also, AwardWallet only seems to retrieve flights where the FFP is the carrier's home FFP - my BA flight are all there, and my VA flights, but not SQ or Lufthansa flights where the FFP used is another Star Alliance carrier, and not VS flights where the FFP used is VA (until added via booking reference).

It's also a shame that you have to click on a flight to see details, and then have to click another link to see full details such as seat number - ideally there would be a view with all this information expanded and visible from one web page without having to go into a link (or two( for each flight).
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:43 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
farewell dear app! I am Myflights "#2,695 MOST TRAVELLED MYFLIGHTS USER"
in "THE TOP 7% OF MYFLIGHTS USERS"

interested to know where the rest of you rank.
rossmacd and florens like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by linzbh

#4042 here!

Myflightsapp will be missed.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by linzbh

Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
#8614 for me after a quiet year.

I have a rake of sectors booked for next year which would have brought that down a bit......
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Gosh, one day to go and only now I find out about that feature of the App!!
Ranked number 327 - 49 airports, 44 cities and 30 countries, 307 flights on 16 different airlines
Couldn't see x% though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.