Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I have now downloaded the CMT app and I am not happy with it. First, ads. Second, too many different colors, font sizes, boldings etc., so not very straightforward IMO.

And: Where can I find the fare basis of a given booking?
Dave_C and Calchas like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by florens
I have now downloaded the CMT app and I am not happy with it. First, ads. Second, too many different colors, font sizes, boldings etc., so not very straightforward IMO.

+1 hate the ads

It’s awful, but all there is.
A1pax and florens like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
And strangely, it does not display the fare code or fare basis.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Sadly comes under the category of 'beggars can't be choosers!'

And I don't believe it gives the fare basis on the standard app sadly.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jase76
While I appreciate bookings are no longer monitored, it is a shame the latest update has removed the functionality to add (or change) manually entered bookings. @schofs, what is the rationale for this? MyFlights is still useful for keeping track of all my flights, even if they aren't monitored for changes. At #677 I fly a bit and the app is a central place to keep bookings.
Fully agree - at least in this transitional period where a lot of my bookings for 2018 are already in the app and I haven't found a replacement yet...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mec72
Fully agree - at least in this transitional period where a lot of my bookings for 2018 are already in the app and I haven't found a replacement yet...
It was clearly communicated that it won't be possible to add bookings anymore as they wouldn't be monitored anyway. However, existing bookings added until 31DEC17 will still be monitored.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
However, existing bookings added until 31DEC17 will still be monitored.
Are you sure about that? That wasn't my impression. My sense was that the bookings would still show but no longer be monitored after 31/12
florens likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you sure about that? That wasn't my impression. My sense was that the bookings would still show but no longer be monitored after 31/12
Apologies, I thought to have remembered they will be monitored, but they are not, it is viewing only:

You will be able to view your existing bookings until 30 June 2018, at which point your account and all associated data will be permanently deleted.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29104537-post802.html
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Whilst I can still see my current bookings in MyFlights apps (thank goodness) - I am not receiving any email notifications of changes to those existing bookings, and wasn't expecting to... and I've had plenty of changes.

Still grateful however that the bookings haven't been deleted!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:56 am

If you have the TripIt link still enabled, new booking do appear in MyFlights via there, but as mentioned aren't monitored.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:38 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Hi all - apologies for the removal of the add button - I needed to get a version out there which stopped the use of the Amadeus lookup, as the previous version would give errors as I'd turned off the API. I'll be doing a slight revision which allows bookings to be manually added, but as the manual entry screen is minimal info only (e.g. no seats etc.) most people tend to use TripIt which is still operational.

I'm also considering whether the app should continue without the Amadeus access - if so, I'd need to significantly improve the input approach, but my concern is there's then little to differentiate it from the likes of App In The Air etc.

(And just to address the other discussion on here - bookings could be added and monitored until 31st, but after this there is no Amadeus adding and no Amadeus monitoring - the data feed to Amadeus is no longer for bookings except those made by Travel Agents who have signed an agreement between themselves, Amadeus and MyFlights)
Dave_C likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
... the data feed to Amadeus is no longer for bookings except those made by Travel Agents who have signed an agreement between themselves, Amadeus and MyFlights)
Would you be permitted to disclose which agents have signed up? No problem if not. It potentially would impact my booking provider choice if I knew I could add the data into "MyFlights-TA Version".
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Hi all - apologies for the removal of the add button - I needed to get a version out there which stopped the use of the Amadeus lookup, as the previous version would give errors as I'd turned off the API. I'll be doing a slight revision which allows bookings to be manually added, but as the manual entry screen is minimal info only (e.g. no seats etc.) most people tend to use TripIt which is still operational.
That's excellent, thanks Chris!

I'm also considering whether the app should continue without the Amadeus access - if so, I'd need to significantly improve the input approach, but my concern is there's then little to differentiate it from the likes of App In The Air etc.
I would use it as the interface is easy to read. I use Expert Flyer for the notifications I really care about, so would update MyFlights with any of those alters.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by A1pax
Thanks, Globaliser. Still odd because checkmytrip showed my trip started 4th October 2017 and not June 2018 - out of sync dates (not in correct order) with my other bookings / flights in checkmytrip app.
Originally Posted by percysmith
I have a Redmond/Bend too

Mine is "Redmond/Bend - Hobart", CMT departure date 2 July 2017

Actual departure date is 30 March 2018, and the routing is SYD-xMEL-oHBA-MEL, Avios redemption on QF
While 2003/2010 threads guessed at the meaning, I can confirm that RDM is indeed meant to mean ReDeMption while the PEROW ...well, I never worked that one out, even while I was working for BA.

The line that contains both these mystery codes is called a miscellaneous element which are used to either transmit a message to someone viewing the itinerary, or as a retention element: Amadeus PNRs expire 3 days after the last itinerary element (usually the last flight) - throw this MIS thing in and the PNR stays alive longer, allowing servicing if necessary, for weeks after you've flown and forgotten about the PNR... Once the PNR is purged, it's read only, and makes any corrections (like missing Avios redeposits) a lot harder.

Just ignore it!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by JAXBA
While 2003/2010 threads guessed at the meaning, I can confirm that RDM is indeed meant to mean ReDeMption while the PEROW ...well, I never worked that one out, even while I was working for BA.
Per OneWorld, perhaps? Just guessing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.