Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by wyvern
AwardWallet does not seem to receive e-ticket numbers or the full fare code, and it does not seem to retrieve the booking class or seat number for all airlines either (they are there for BA and VA flights retrieved through membership number, but not for a VS flights retrieved through booking reference entry.

Also, AwardWallet only seems to retrieve flights where the FFP is the carrier's home FFP - my BA flight are all there, and my VA flights, but not SQ or Lufthansa flights where the FFP used is another Star Alliance carrier, and not VS flights where the FFP used is VA (until added via booking reference).

It's also a shame that you have to click on a flight to see details, and then have to click another link to see full details such as seat number - ideally there would be a view with all this information expanded and visible from one web page without having to go into a link (or two( for each flight).
No other app has the all the functionality of MyFlights, and there appears to be no other source for the detailed fare code ("fare basis"). With that exception, the main contenders are:

AwardWallet: if periodically updated will provide notifications of changes to bookings, and (once expanded) has the cleanest of the alternative interfaces. But it does not display the e-ticket number or confirmation status. I have found the support team very responsive to enquiries and requests for improvements.

CheckMyTrip: displays the most recent information at login, but no notifications of changes, and no fare code. Information split across several screens.

ba.com: displays the most recent information at login, but notifications of changes not reliable. Information split across several screens.
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by MyFlights App
Hi - I will be coding a way to export the data from MyFlights into hopefully useful format, but that'll be next year (but definitely before your data is deleted unless you delete your account first)
This is excellent news, thanks Chris. I still plan to use MyFlights to log flights until mid next year and will then find another flight logger I like to keep my history.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Jase76
This is excellent news, thanks Chris. I still plan to use MyFlights to log flights until mid next year and will then find another flight logger I like to keep my history.
how about BA97.com?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
number 4493 all leisure flights. I will also miss the app along with the others.
John

Last edited by thejohn; Dec 30, 2017 at 12:43 pm Reason: edit for edit sake.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
how about BA97.com?
I have registered but could not find an import function for historical flights. I'm considering either:
  1. OpenFlights
  2. Flightradar24
The latter appears more modern.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:10 pm

Hard to believe My Flights will be gone after tomorrow. For me it was the best travel app out there and made everything so easy all in one place. It never let me down.

Loved the stats recording too. For me it was # 3,044 / 34 airports / 30 cities / 17 countries / 3 continents / 169 flights / 18 airlnes / 149,497 Miles. / 19 days 4 hours 18 minutes in the air.
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:07 pm

Number 1080 apparently. Fare thee well MyFlights :-)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I see that many think of Award Wallet as the closest capabilities to MyFlights but whether or not I'm the only one, in this age where people manage to hack some of the wealthiest and best guarded IT systems in the world, I'll admit to feeling very nervous at the idea of entrusting all my FFP account details to one website. It has a feeling of 'all your eggs in one basket' if something goes wrong. I've used Checkmytrip to have all itineraries in one place but resent the fact it won't show any changes/updates.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: KL PL ULTI, BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Hard to believe My Flights will be gone after tomorrow. For me it was the best travel app out there and made everything so easy all in one place. It never let me down.
Agree with Dellas. It was a fantastic app. We will all definitely be lost without it! Real shame to see it go.

I was #454 , top 2%!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I too will miss this app considerably.

Thank you for all your hard work, Schofs! Much appreciated and very best regards for 2018 and onwards!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Just wanted to add my thanks for producing a really great app.

Thanks for all the hard work Schofs and boooo to Amadeus for letting down a big chunk of the ff community.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
#61 - I will miss MyFlights!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
#826 - I'll miss MyFlights! Got saved by it again earlier in the month when an equipment change happened... probably the last time I'll be aware of it in advance :-(
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I see that many think of Award Wallet as the closest capabilities to MyFlights but whether or not I'm the only one, in this age where people manage to hack some of the wealthiest and best guarded IT systems in the world, I'll admit to feeling very nervous at the idea of entrusting all my FFP account details to one website. It has a feeling of 'all your eggs in one basket' if something goes wrong. I've used Checkmytrip to have all itineraries in one place but resent the fact it won't show any changes/updates.
You have the options to save the FFP accounts passwords either in AwardWallet server or locally on your machines. With the last option then the only info a hacker would get is the FFP account number (which is already a lot but not that secret anyway).
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Alternatives to MyFlights

A useful review of checkmytrip, Tripit and App in the air as replacements for MyFlights that can provide automated alerts of flight changes near and at the time of the flight.

These contrast with AwardWallet that can be used to manually initiate checks in advance of flight. So in principle I think that AwardWallet and checkmytrip could give complete coverage of changes to BA and other Amadeus flights. Automated alerts of changes to other flight would need a subscription service like Tripit Pro or App in the air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.