Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nbevan
I find that TripAdvisor does a good job of flight logging?
Does it? I didn't know it had such functionality - where is it and what does it do?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by Deltus
Does it? I didn't know it had such functionality - where is it and what does it do?
Sorry, I meant to say TripIt!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980
Just a thought - will this be the end of using Finnair/Qantas/QR etc to change BA bookings?

If permission is going to be required to access the bookings - how many of those airlines will go about setting up the mutual access and then what about those smaller travel agencies?
I wondered that too, but maybe it has the right authorisations?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Sorry, I meant to say TripIt!
Ahh, that makes more sense. TripIt lacks a lot of the detail that MyFlights had though - fare bucket and seat assignment for a start...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Ahh, that makes more sense. TripIt lacks a lot of the detail that MyFlights had though - fare bucket and seat assignment for a start...
I like the ease of adding both flights and hotels to TripIt, and its integration with the Calendar. In the absence of My Flights, the T-3 day flight monitoring might be worth paying for (but only based on public information I assume), but is there a better alternative?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Am I understanding correctly that the data will still be searchable via PNR/surname through Amadeus, just 3rd party platforms can’t access/share this data without individual airline agreements? If so this is absurd. Very sad to see My Flights go, nothing remotely similar in terms of information and alerts.

I’m happy to take the hit and take over development out of Amadeus’ reach. Will need FT’s to crowdfund my new life’s in Belize though.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I like the ease of adding both flights and hotels to TripIt, and its integration with the Calendar. In the absence of My Flights, the T-3 day flight monitoring might be worth paying for (but only based on public information I assume), but is there a better alternative?
Even with TripIt Pro, it doesn't really tell you at all if something in your itinerary has changed until within T-3. For example, with all of the flight retimings that BA and AA are known for, it never updates my flight times so I end up doing these changes manually.

As I mentioned earlier, without MyFlights and FlightTrack Pro, it's been a real downgrade in the experience and I've tried many other apps but have been unable to get a comparable experience. For example, one thing I really liked about FlightTrack Pro was quick access to is historical data for a flight, e.g. show me the past 30 days of arrival times for a particular flight (most services only go back a day or a week). Even ExpertFlyer which I value highly only goes back one day prior.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by dylanks
For example, one thing I really liked about FlightTrack Pro was quick access to is historical data for a flight, e.g. show me the past 30 days of arrival times for a particular flight (most services only go back a day or a week). Even ExpertFlyer which I value highly only goes back one day prior.
Not a great deal of help overall but on this individual point I use Flightradar 24 with a Silver membership. Very useful for historic data.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by golfmad
Not a great deal of help overall but on this individual point I use Flightradar 24 with a Silver membership. Very useful for historic data.
Does it accept uploads (e.g. CSV file)? Ideally I would like to get an extract from MyFlights and upload it in to another flight logging site.

Last edited by Jase76; Dec 14, 2017 at 8:08 am Reason: Replaced tracking with logging
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Jase76
Does it accept uploads (e.g. CSV file)? Ideally I would like to get an extract from MyFlights and upload it in to another flight tracking site.
I was talking about using Flightradar to see historical flight data.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by golfmad
I was talking about using Flightradar to see historical flight data.
Sorry, I meant logging, not tracking.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:14 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Missing myflightsapp already. Checkmytrip app down on both iOS and Android but Myflightsapp runs perfectly.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
What's the closest alternative to MyFlightsApp in terms of entering PNR and tracking all ticket/flight changes - either free or subscription based?

Or... are CheckMyTrip / TripIt Pro / TripCase the only alternatives?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:08 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There are no alternatives that do exactly what MyFlights did. TripIt monitor only schedule change from 24 h before the flight, CeckMyTrip is limited to schedule change and not airframe changes, seat roulette, etc...
jonnye likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by fransknorge
There are no alternatives that do exactly what MyFlights did. TripIt monitor only schedule change from 24 h before the flight, CeckMyTrip is limited to schedule change and not airframe changes, seat roulette, etc...
Am I right in my assumption that there is nothing on the market that will pick up (a) seat changes and (b) access to the fare code, by which i mean the long alphanumeric from which one can derive rules on changes, stopovers, etc.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.