FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

JehanMary May 31, 2015 12:50 pm

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Recomendations on here made me download the My Flights app.
Its really good.

Today I received a notification saying that my booking has changed. But I can't see how!?
Still same departure time, same aircraft type, same departing and arriving terminal and everything.

How do I find our exactely what changed?
I use an Iphone 5

paul4040 May 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Question about "My Flights" app

The changes will be highlighted in red and/or green.

Make sure you scroll all the way down to see the change.

JehanMary May 31, 2015 1:02 pm

Nothing, either red or green...
I tryed the spectacles icon that Said "show changes" yet nothing.
All IT says is booking hasnt changed since 2.26 may 30

kanderson1965 May 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Deleted.

paul4040 May 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by JehanMary (Post 24896962)
Nothing, either red or green...
I tryed the spectacles icon that Said "show changes" yet nothing.
All IT says is booking hasnt changed since 2.26 may 30

Did you install the app at that time?

JehanMary May 31, 2015 1:13 pm

No, had it for a week.

TabTraveller May 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Rarely it gives these phantom alerts. Either you'll get an email with the changes or you'll need to go through each flight on the app and hit refresh. The changes will be in green for anything added and red for anything deleted.

KARFA May 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Question about "My Flights" app

Make sure you tap on "show changes" at the top left of the booking page in my flights. I don't think I have ever had any phantom alerts.

FlyingScientist Jun 1, 2015 10:59 am

I got notified of a change that solely consisted of "British Airways" and a 6-letter code added under "Further info". Does anyone know what that is?

BLHD Jun 1, 2015 11:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist (Post 24901560)
I got notified of a change that solely consisted of "British Airways" and a 6-letter code added under "Further info". Does anyone know what that is?

Is the flight in the next few days?

KARFA Jun 1, 2015 11:05 am

Is your flight about 5-7 days away?

This is an internal BA reference code. Apparently this is a BABS reference (for the BA departure system) and is the one that gets printed on your checked bag tag. Interestingly the original Amadeus PNR you got when you booked does not appear on the bag tag.

This internal reference appears on all BA bookings. I use myflights app and I usually get a change notification a few days before the flight when the booking syncs to the departure system and this internal reference appears

headingwest Jun 1, 2015 11:06 am

internal baggage code?

Paralytic Jun 1, 2015 11:06 am

I got that too under "Airline Ref" with one 6 character code swapped for another - neither of them the PNR. BA flight/BA aircraft. Flight is on Saturday.

I did wonder what it was, but not enough to ask here, until I saw this thread :)

FlyingScientist Jun 1, 2015 12:18 pm

My flight is in a few days indeed (Saturday). - Thanks for the explanation.

JehanMary Jun 1, 2015 12:31 pm

my flight is Thursday, scanned bot the app and the mail sent but no detectable changes nothing highlighted.

Since no major change, I'll just ignore it and go about as usual