Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan, Marriott, x,Hilton
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Anybody else having issues when trying to book award flights (Domestic in my case) and looking different dates?

Checking one date and the the timings aren't great, so go to check the next or previous day and every time I get the message "ERROR, Our systems aren't responding. Please try later". Which means I have to go in and start again and get the choices of my first date requests but try another date from the tabs and get the same message.

Starting to get annoying.

S
Exactly the same problem. Trying to book YVR to Europe.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Perhaps this serves me right for being awake at 4am, but currently getting 'Page not Found' on the homepage of ba.com. It reloads every 5 seconds to try and take me to the homepage but same message keeps coming back.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:45 am
Company Representative

Anybody else having issues when trying to book award flights (Domestic in my case) and looking different dates?

Checking one date and the the timings aren't great, so go to check the next or previous day and every time I get the message "ERROR, Our systems aren't responding. Please try later". Which means I have to go in and start again and get the choices of my first date requests but try another date from the tabs and get the same message.

S
Hi,

Are you still experiencing these issues, if so please can you PM your details and we can then investigate the issue.

regards

Gavin
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:48 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by AAtticus
Anyone else having issues with seat selection when booking for yourself and someone else?

The OH automatically has a seat assigned, for me it either says: Selected Seat: null or Seat Choice Available.

If I open the seat map we're in completely different rows (6C and 25D) and when I try to update it errors out. Really frustrating.
Hi AAtticus,

If you are still experiencing these issues can you please PM me your details and we can investigate.

regards

Gavin
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by MHendo84
I have a booking on the same flight for a date in July but couldnt get to the seat map on the Android app. Keep getting the error "Unfortunately it is not possible for you to choose a seat at this time, please try again later"

I had to ask the Twitter team to reserve some seats for me.

Matt
Good shout - thanks! Contacted twitter team and now have seats assigned!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi,

Are you still experiencing these issues, if so please can you PM your details and we can then investigate the issue.

regards

Gavin
Seems to be working okay now. ^

S
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:29 am

S
I've had this problem for weeks, it comes and goes.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:33 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Seem to have come across a new bug in the system.

Attempted to book some domestic flights online and when trying to progress to payment, the page then goes to plan your trip again. Tried a couple of times and on different browsers with the same outcome.

Called the Silver line and the CS Agent said to me that there was a known issue at the moment when trying to book with saved cards. Told him I wasn't trying to use any saved cards and he immediately said then that this was a new bug then and that they were only aware of the saved cards issue.

Flights booked over the phone. I had tried the App on my iPad before I called and I didn't have any option to book a return flight. Is this an App bug? Shall report that on the iPad App thread.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Transfer Avios not working

I've been trying to use the GCH 'Transfer Avios for Free' facility on BA.com for a few days now and keep getting an error message:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Hopefully this can be looked at.
David
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:13 am
Company Representative

Seem to have come across a new bug in the system.

Attempted to book some domestic flights online and when trying to progress to payment, the page then goes to plan your trip again. Tried a couple of times and on different browsers with the same outcome.

Called the Silver line and the CS Agent said to me that there was a known issue at the moment when trying to book with saved cards. Told him I wasn't trying to use any saved cards and he immediately said then that this was a new bug then and that they were only aware of the saved cards issue.

Flights booked over the phone. I had tried the App on my iPad before I called and I didn't have any option to book a return flight. Is this an App bug? Shall report that on the iPad App thread.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Hi Saltire74,

with regards to the booking issue , if you can DM me your account details and we can investigate further.
If there is an issue the the IPAD APP then also send me details of your booking or attempted actions and we can investigate in the same way.

regards

Gavin
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:14 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by dca100
I've been trying to use the GCH 'Transfer Avios for Free' facility on BA.com for a few days now and keep getting an error message:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Hopefully this can be looked at.
David
Hi David,

if you could DM me your account details and we can investigate.

regards

Gavin
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Am I being delusional in asking for an update on the return of the Explorer Map? Even a tentative ETA?

TIA
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:44 am

API missing

I am finding that I have to load API manually for every booking, despite this info being saved in my profile. My recollection is that this used to auto-populate. Is this supposed to happen?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
This may be a FLY issue, but if it is it is a frustrating one.
Tried to check-in online for GVA-LHR-EDI, the returning part of a two-way booking. MMB tells me to check-in online and get boarding passes in advance because of the changeover that's happening in IT systems. Which is fine, because that's what I want to do and usually do.

But - when I try to save boarding passes so I can print them (and retain local copies, which I need for expenses) I end up with an 8-byte file which clearly isn't a valid PDF file.

When I try to email the boarding passes, I get an error message in red telling me to 'check the options below' - which are simply the options to email the boarding pass.

When I try to just print the boarding pass, it displays on screen but which a message telling me that it cannot be displayed, and the print button doesn't work.

So I guess I'm picking them up at the airport, just as BA (and me) don't want me to do.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Not sure if it is a bug but trying to do an "on the day free change" of flights however on the final page (where you input the card details for security), it seems to be stuck in a loop when I hit continue, returning me to the same page to re-enter the same info and not actually actioning the change.

Same on both IE & Chrome.

Any ideas, BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.