Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris1979
Bob diamond in the CCR earlier this afternoon. On the phone for most of the time pacing around (though not disturbingly so).
He must have looked "very important"
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Admittedly not quite BA, but I have just got off an AA LAX-MIA with Paris Hilton sitting right behind me. She and her friend were the last to board, and were seated the other side from me in the front row, but because she had two puppies in some kind of puppy bag, she had to move to the row behind me as they wouldn't fit in the overhead locker

It was an overnight flight and I definitely didn't want puppies barking right behind me all night, but in fact all was quiet and she wasn't really diva-ish at all (well, apart from the puppies and maybe twice as much hand baggage as most normal people would take!)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
but because she had two puppies in some kind of puppy bag, she had to move to the row behind me as they wouldn't fit in the overhead locker
Did she put the puppies in the overhead locker?

Technically the puppies should remain in the bag (in practice the dogs do come out quietly and get fussed over) but surely the puppies themselves would not be place in the overhead locker. An empty puppy bag maybe.....
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Admittedly not quite BA, but I have just got off an AA LAX-MIA with Paris Hilton sitting right behind me. She and her friend were the last to board, and were seated the other side from me in the front row, but because she had two puppies in some kind of puppy bag, she had to move to the row behind me as they wouldn't fit in the overhead locker

It was an overnight flight and I definitely didn't want puppies barking right behind me all night, but in fact all was quiet and she wasn't really diva-ish at all (well, apart from the puppies and maybe twice as much hand baggage as most normal people would take!)
She really tried to put dogs in an overhead locker??
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
She really tried to put dogs in an overhead locker??
Ha ha no - sorry I could have chosen my words more carefully..! As we were in the front row, everything had to be off the floor and it was the cabin crew lady who said all of the lockers were full - I don't think she was really suggesting putting the puppies up there!

The little scamps did pop out of their carrier a couple of times but it was far less annoying than my tired mind was expecting
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I think ThatT1Feeling is saying that she had to move out of the front row to the row behind him because she needed to put the dogs in the bag at her feet!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Ha ha no - sorry I could have chosen my words more carefully..! As we were in the front row, everything had to be off the floor and it was the cabin crew lady who said all of the lockers were full - I don't think she was really suggesting putting the puppies up there!

The little scamps did pop out of their carrier a couple of times but it was far less annoying than my tired mind was expecting
Cross-posted with you, sorry!!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
I think ThatT1Feeling is saying that she had to move out of the front row to the row behind him because she needed to put the dogs in the bag at her feet!
Correct - her puppies ended up under my seat ... I'm not sure everyone gets to say that about Paris Hilton every day

Cross-posted with you, sorry!!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:29 am

Correct - her puppies ended up under my seat ... I'm not sure everyone gets to say that about Paris Hilton every day
Finally, some real enhancements.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Finally, some real enhancements.
That would make sense; move to the second row to be able to keep a bag at your feet. LAX - MIA is a long flight indeed so I am not surprise the puppies came out. As long as they are well behaved (especially at meal times).....

The Points Guy has done this routing with his Blue French Bulldog too. I would not mind having something to hug over such a long flight as long as I could return it once I have had my fill.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

100 points
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
England cricketer Jonathan Trott on the BA 2154 on Friday morning. Nice guy.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliGuy
Kirsty Wark on the BA1474 today complaining to staff about T5 security (as were a lot of people). Looks like she connected on AA flight which I also did and got from T3 to T5 thru security in 35 mins which I thought was not bad!
I was sitting next to Kirsty Walk on a flight from GLA around two weeks ago. Crew made a real fuss of her, she was seated right down the back (PYOBP) but was moved to row 1. She looked like a REAL mess!- Quite disappointed.

Last edited by hugolover; Mar 23, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BP3
The hairy bikers in T5 Galleries North right now.
The fuss SS make over total gutter trash and these two chaps have to cope with GC!...Or maybe they rejected the CCR to "keep it real" .
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Special Services here at IAD getting very antsy about the arrival of someone 'of particular importance'. Not sure who, but will see if they appear in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.