Celebs on BA | 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
oh dear oh dear

any time I shared a flight with him he was treated to special services

I presume that has changed these days
I see him most weeks, either in the lounge or on the plane, and he definitely doesn't get special treatment anymore. Maybe that's why he's always bumping his gums about something.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Lord George Robertson yet again in the EDI lounge. This time complaining about lack of Fast Track boarding for his flight to LCY.
A legitimate complaint (although of course any complaint should be made in a polite way).
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Andem
Somebody in 1a greeted me in 2a on the a380 service from LHR to LAX on 27.02. It turned out to be Orlando Bloom who seemed like a pretty nice guy.
I was in a lift with him at Heathrow a couple of years back and caught him staring at my better half's boobs (in fairness, they are quite awesome!). He looked like a naughty child when he noticed that I saw him staring!

Im not saying she's shallow, but she was throughly disgusted about the whole thing until I pointed out that it was Orlando Bloom and then she was suddenly fine with it...
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I was in a lift with him at Heathrow a couple of years back and caught him staring at my better half's boobs (in fairness, they are quite awesome!). He looked like a naughty child when he noticed that I saw him staring!

Im not saying she's shallow, but she was throughly disgusted about the whole thing until I pointed out that it was Orlando Bloom and then she was suddenly fine with it...

Almost identical situation at the Waldorf in Rome.
"That dirty old man keeps looking at my chest."
"That's Michael Douglas."
"Ooooooooh".
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Was at the bar in the CCR last night, chatting to Hugolover, when he pointed out that Kate Moss was standing behind me. Brief discussion about cocktails ensued, she took our advice and ordered mojitos ^
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

Almost identical situation at the Waldorf in Rome.
"That dirty old man keeps looking at my chest."
"That's Michael Douglas."
"Ooooooooh".
Well, you all know his wife. Michael Douglas is certainly a "chest man".
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Was at the bar in the CCR last night, chatting to Hugolover, when he pointed out that Kate Moss was standing behind me. Brief discussion about cocktails ensued, she took our advice and ordered mojitos ^
^ Was she flying first or is that special service that takes her to CCR
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Former Scottish rugby player Gavin Hastings flying down to LCY last Friday and then the similarly-titled Chris Patterson flying up to EDI yesterday morning. BBC reporter/Deacon Blue drummer Dougie Vipond on the same flight.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mjrkong
Well, you all know his wife. Michael Douglas is certainly a "chest man".
Didn't he claim to have some form of throat cancer from too much, umm, tipping the velvet?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Ade Adepitan (wheelchair basketball player, was on the BBC idents in the early 2000s) in the T5 Flounge just now. Had a camera crew with him, from Wikipedia looks like he is now presenting a BBC travel show so no doubt a trip for this.

James
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath
I think there is some construction work going on at the usual 767 domestic gate.
That's right, my last 2 Glasgow flights on 767's were from an international gate; think it was 28.

Last edited by Nimrod1965; Mar 19, 2015 at 1:52 pm Reason: Spelling, pesky iPad predictive text!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Kirsty Wark on the BA1474 today complaining to staff about T5 security (as were a lot of people). Looks like she connected on AA flight which I also did and got from T3 to T5 thru security in 35 mins which I thought was not bad!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Celebs on BA | 2015 master thread

Bob diamond in the CCR earlier this afternoon. On the phone for most of the time pacing around (though not disturbingly so).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Mika Hakkinen (F1 ex-world champion) at the fortnum & mason bar below the lounges. Met him a few times before at corporate events and a throughly nice chap.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:05 pm
BP3

The hairy bikers in T5 Galleries North right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.