Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Baggage Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
What would be my allowance flying in Iberia Business class outbound and BA CE back on one ticket as Silver please, the dummy booking is confusing and the Iberia website says its only 23kg in Business, the outbound flight number starts with BA but says operated by Iberia? Confused! thanks
It's 32 kgs x 2, for more details see your previous thread:

Iberia & BA connecting flight what baggage allowance?
paulaf likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Brilliant thanks I couldn't remember what we got last time.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
FYI:

Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:35 pm

I've noticed the both legs of the outbound flight are operated by Iberia but I booked via BA, return is BA operated, so is it still 32kg? Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
I've noticed the both legs of the outbound flight are operated by Iberia but I booked via BA, return is BA operated, so is it still 32kg? Thanks
The answer is in that thread you quoted, for example post 21.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:44 pm

The answer is in that thread you quoted, for example post 21.
ok thanks so my ticket may say 23kg but there is no charge for excess upto 32kg, why don't they just show it as that in the first place like BA!
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I'm planning on booking WTP rather than WT, but it seems rather silly that as BAEC Silver I get the same baggage allowance regardless?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:16 pm

Codeshare, different classes - what baggage allowance?!

I have just booked a mixed-carrier, mixed-class ticket and am struggling to figure out what the baggage allowance is.

LHR-ORD (operated AA, marketed BA) - Main Cabin
ORD-LHR (operated BA, marketed BA) - Premium Economy

According to MMB, the outbound flight has an allowance of 1 bag and return has 2 bags. I assumed the Prem Eco policy would have been applied to the whole ticket. Is this wrong? Will I need to pay for an extra bag on the way out?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I have just booked a mixed-carrier, mixed-class ticket and am struggling to figure out what the baggage allowance is.

According to MMB, the outbound flight has an allowance of 1 bag and return has 2 bags. I assumed the Prem Eco policy would have been applied to the whole ticket. Is this wrong? Will I need to pay for an extra bag on the way out?
Which airline is VA?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Virazuno

a few years back BA changed the baggage rules, so that each direction limited the baggage allowance to the class of service for that direction. (Observing MSC rules obviously). Pre covid, I would book LAX-LHR in J for the upper deck and LHR-SAN in F. I would get two bags on the Eastbound flight and 3 bags on the Westbound.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, here is the thread at the time BA removes baggage Most Generous Allowance (MGA) for new bookings from 18 Oct 2017

As you say, the most generous baggage allowance will not apply to all sectors (so out and back) for a ticket.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by rj123456
Which airline is VA?
That's Virgin Australia, although I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:05 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Paging Prospero to edit post #3, which still states the now extinct policy:
Originally Posted by Prospero
If you are travelling in more than one cabin, e.g. outbound in economy and return in business class, you will be given the more generous allowance for the whole journey.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:31 am

I booked an AA award on SOF-LHR, "X" class I believe - award tickets still do have 1pc baggage included, right? The BA manage my booking page says "No checked-in bag" under my flight choices.

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Missing case

Can anyone direct me towards a thread for missing baggage ? BA metal / IBERIA handling agent at Alicante. I have some queries about what’s reasonable expenses for missing case for 3 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.