Wiki Posts
Search

BA Baggage Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
Good evening,

Am I able to take a lock picking kit in hand luggage?

Thanks!
Probably not. I had needle files confiscated a while back.
VictorSierra likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveS
Probably not. I had needle files confiscated a while back.
Thought as much.

It’s quite a fun way to pass the time.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:16 am

Overnight layover luggage question

We will be traveling NAP-LHR-AUS with an overnight layover at Heathrow. Flight departs NAP at 20:00 and arrives Heathrow around 21:30. Next morning the flight to Austin departs at 11:00. Will we have to collect our bags at Heathrow or will they remain with BA. I prefer not to retrieve the bags during the layover.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jpaxton
We will be traveling NAP-LHR-AUS with an overnight layover at Heathrow. Flight departs NAP at 20:00 and arrives Heathrow around 21:30. Next morning the flight to Austin departs at 11:00. Will we have to collect our bags at Heathrow or will they remain with BA. I prefer not to retrieve the bags during the layover.
It will be your choice, but the default is that you will next see your checked bags in Texas. BA at Heathrow will hold bags for up to 24 hours, by scheduled timings.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
I have a bit of a newbie question. My wife is looking at booking a trip from AA flying EDI-LHR-MIA-LHR-EDI.
It would be booked entirely through the AA app. She's a BA silver/OWS. I gather HBO is fine on AA flights with checked luggage with status but would this apply for the BA codeshares inside the UK too?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:38 am

i have two flight under same order. CPH-LHR (Transit) - HKG
CPH - LHR is economy, operated by BA
LHR - HKG is business, operated by CX

The baggage allowance must be followed the CX flight but the ground staff told me that the baggage allowance is 23KG...... crazy
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am not quite sure what the issue is? Isn’t your checked allowance in Y on CX 1 bag up to 23kg? Your BA allowance wouldn’t apply to the whole trip, see the notes on connecting itineraries and most significant carrier at the start of the thread.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am not quite sure what the issue is? Isn’t your checked allowance in Y on CX 1 bag up to 23kg? Your BA allowance wouldn’t apply to the whole trip, see the notes on connecting itineraries and most significant carrier at the start of the thread.
i think should follow cx lhr - hkg, business class, as this is the longest trip in the whole journey ?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by khwongsteven
i think should follow cx lhr - hkg, business class, as this is the longest trip in the whole journey ?
Ah I see. Yes sorry I misread.

so this is one booking? You said CX ground staff so do you mean you had this issue in CPH or LHR?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 5:49 pm

Ah I see. Yes sorry I misread.

so this is one booking? You said CX ground staff so do you mean you had this issue in CPH or LHR?
yes it is under one booking. When I checkin at cph , the ba ground staff told me that I only have 23kg allowance
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:02 am

Bronze question - does the Club bag drop benefit include the perk of priority bag handling? I’m referring to the day-glo orange tag that (if the stars align!) gets your bag off the aircraft in the first batch…

Ta!
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:13 am

It may include adding a lovely colourful tag, but since there is no priority bag handling with BA I am afraid there is no actual benefit even if you have it.
jacksprat and DaveS like this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:51 pm

It may include adding a lovely colourful tag, but since there is no priority bag handling with BA I am afraid there is no actual benefit even if you have it.
They always seem to come out first, or is that a total myth concocted in my own head?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by jacksprat
They always seem to come out first, or is that a total myth concocted in my own head?
I am afraid a total myth.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:01 pm

I am afraid a total myth.
Oh man! I feel a totally unnecessary spreadsheet being built in my near future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.