Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2014 thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by evanderm
As its also highly inappropriate for me to be posting this here, and you probably don't know who I am, I'll stop now.
Hey, don't be shy. Canada used to belong to Britain

... and France ... and the indigenous peoples, but they don't get their own Forum
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by T8191

... and France ... and the indigenous peoples, but they don't get their own Forum
Ah, but you see, I'm not Canadian. I am in fact a BOTC and a BC (OTBD) as well in addition to my inherited (European) nationality (which isn't French; hint: we honour the King of Spain in our national anthem).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I give up
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191

What do you mean "used to"? When did that change?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Schultzois

Giving my sleeping performance, perhaps she thought I must somehow have been much more important than an ordinary Gold. Or perhaps simply relieved that I was alive.
It could well have been the latter. I have once been told by a rather amusing (and amused) cabin crew member, "You were sleeping and weren't moving at all, like you were dead!" with a somewhat nervous laugh.

I was just saying, for some reason I notice that the Prems and GGLs seem to have a tendency to forgo the service and sleep as much as possible (I tend to like eating so I eat but also sleep before and after, and have been known to even sleep between courses if they are slow).

Sleeping is probably not the most productive way to be DYKWIA though... Not many people are doing DYKWIA stuff when sleeping, unless they are into sleep-DYKWIA-ing.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Sleeping is probably not the most productive way to be DYKWIA though...
Ahh, one could also argue that you are FAR too important/glamorous/intelligent to waste your life consuming airline food or attempting to watch IFE.

COOL, Lady LTN
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
LOL that post yesterday was very DYKWIA of me. whoops let me delete it
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
LOL that post yesterday was very DYKWIA of me. whoops let me delete it
Wonderful - nicely done, and brilliantly effective. Please don't delete it - it'll amuse (and enrage) more yet
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by PeterT1953
What do you mean "used to"? When did that change?
You sweet old fashioned thing, still clinging to the idea that there's such a thing as a British Empire
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
(which isn't French; hint: we honour the King of Spain in our national anthem).
Was he that Johan Cruyff chap?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, but you see, I'm not Canadian. I am in fact a BOTC and a BC (OTBD) as well in addition to my inherited (European) nationality (which isn't French; hint: we honour the King of Spain in our national anthem).
Dutchman who married an overseas territory British person????
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Dutchman who married an overseas territory British person????
Sorry for taking the thread severely off topic, but born to Dutch parents in a British Overseas Territory.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
How is it off-topic to ask people if they know who you are?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: ABBA
Right DYKWIA today, claimed he was gold too. At 0855, just after doors close, I was sat in the ast row in WTP on a 777 (25J), when someone darts from behind and settles into 25G. I suspected a self-upgrader, but being charitable it could have been someone who had been talking to friends further back. Being uncharitable I wondered if the crew had allowed him to be upgraded, and later I was delighted to eat my thoughts.

The BO smell wafted across the aisle.

A lengthly taxi meant that wheels up wasn't until 0917. After takeoff, the cabin crew set around closing the curtains and doing other pre-seatbelt-off stuff. At 0930 one of the cabin crew, CB, arrived to talk to Mr X (who it turns out had self upgraded), and spent 3 minutes gently telling him that it wasn't possible for him to sit there, and BA had policies that it couldn't upgrade people on board. Mr X was very instant that "he was a gold card holder", and he had asked at both checkin and the gate, to be told that WTP was full. As it clearly wasn't, and he didn't want any food, he was entitled to just sit down and rest, and he had his own policy, so they were both right, and he would just stay there!

Making no progress CB went to get T, the CSM. He then arrives with the same story. Apparently this lowly gold card holder has a "right" to be upgraded. T wasn't having it, and pointed out there were many gold card holders in economy. I was biting my tongue when Mr X was saying how much business BA would be losing if he wasn't allowed to stay there. At 0937 Mr X returned back to WT, and my nostrils breathed a sigh of relief.

I do hope BA charge him for the 40 minutes he was occupying WTP.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by paulwuk

I do hope BA charge him for the 40 minutes he was occupying WTP.
I think you should have given him a bill for the olfactory assault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.