Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
The BA website provides links to the British Airways Avios eStore. In addition, there are the following links:

UK BA Avios eStore
http://www.shopping.ba.com/

US BA Avios eStore
TBC
Print Wikipost

Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
One common problem is that tracking won't work for some retailers on smart phones / iPads. John Lewis doesn't and this is noted in the small print on Gate365.
Bit annoying considering the popularity of web browsing on such devices. You'd have though the technology folks would have a solution to whatever the issue is with tracking from these sites.

Having said that, I've never had an issue with Avios not posting from JL purchases when I use my laptop.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
My last 2 orders on John Lewis both made through PC didn't track.....such a pain!
Old May 31, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
I still have 1500 Avios showing as "Pending" from John Lewis dated September last year. I'm not holding out much hope. but I wish they'd delete them from the list to stop reminding me...
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I see eBay in the US list of partners. Anybody used them recently? They stopped giving miles some time ago, have they resumed, or is this a non-functioning remnant from the past?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:47 am

Since eBay just started giving cashback at bigcrumbs again, I guess it's possible gate365 works now too.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:09 am

Miles from Home Depot

Hello, Does anyone have any data on how quickly miles post from home depot.com. My mother's miles are going to expire 8/31. I put in an online order today from her account for home depot.com and after the purchase noticed it could take up to 40 days.

Is there a quicker way to do this?? She doesn't have any other mileage accounts, but she is linked to my sister via a household account. my sisters account has miles expiring in april 2015.

Thank you for any ideas.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
The best way to keep the miles going at this point would be to purchase some. Purchased miles post almost immediately. I would only purchase the minimum though.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
Hello, Does anyone have any data on how quickly miles post from home depot.com. My mother's miles are going to expire 8/31. I put in an online order today from her account for home depot.com and after the purchase noticed it could take up to 40 days.

Is there a quicker way to do this?? She doesn't have any other mileage accounts, but she is linked to my sister via a household account. my sisters account has miles expiring in april 2015.

Thank you for any ideas.
I made a small homedepot.com purchase last winter, and I had to contact Gate365 because it hadn't posted for 3-4 months.

I agree that buying points is probably the safest bet now, unless you have a way to transfer (from SPG, Amex MR, Chase UR).
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I made a small homedepot.com purchase last winter, and I had to contact Gate365 because it hadn't posted for 3-4 months.

I agree that buying points is probably the safest bet now, unless you have a way to transfer (from SPG, Amex MR, Chase UR).
Thank you for your suggestions. The home depot.com miles have yet to post and your experienced timeframe isn't giving me any confidence that they will by 8/31. I sat on this as my mother had been planning to book a flight but its looking like that isn't going to happen. I'm not sure if she will see the value of paying $50 for 1K miles to extend the life of her existing miles, she isn't particularly miles/ travel savvy.

I am wondering if I book an award flight and then cancel within 24 hrs, if that would reset the expiration date? seems like that could avoid all fees. or even paying a cancellation fee would be less expensive that buying miles. the booking fee on the (AA) flights we were looking at for her are $5, i'm not sure if the cancellation could be done on ba.com for a $10 fee or if it has to be done thru a call center for $25… does booking/canceling an award ticket extend the expiration date forward? any thoughts?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I would just buy the Avios. It's quick to do. Certainly your time also has some value?

After that, then using the estore to pick up some cheap Avios mid-way through each membership year would work out well.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
I see eBay in the US list of partners. Anybody used them recently? They stopped giving miles some time ago, have they resumed, or is this a non-functioning remnant from the past?
Just saw your post! I placed an order through Ebay on 9/12 that still shows as pending on Gate365. Did you ever order through them and get the Avios to post?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:31 am

I ordered (about the time I posted the question), but got no Avios. Anyway, they should have been 10, so I won't chase them. It was just a check if the system works again.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I'm thinking about booking a cruise with P&O which would earn 2 Avios per £1. Does anyone know if that would be on the whole cost or just the initial deposit?

The alternative is TCB which would pay 4.2%, obviously better if they pay on the whole transaction, but somehow I doubt it.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
At Gate 365, I can select the US site or the UK site. The UK site contains several stores from which I order gifts to be delivered in the UK.

If I click through the UK site, will I get credit for my spending at UK stores in my US BAEC account?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:25 am

Yes, your address (or BAEC address) doesn't matter, it may be neither US or UK, as long as the merchant would deliver the goods there (this is experience from a limited number of merchants, I haven't found out anything written in their site).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.