Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
The BA website provides links to the British Airways Avios eStore. In addition, there are the following links:

UK BA Avios eStore
http://www.shopping.ba.com/

US BA Avios eStore
TBC
Print Wikipost

Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
What a bunch of shysters!

I checked out the e-store yesterday to make sure the two stores I wanted to buy from were still in the program - Sephora and Neiman Marcus.

Sephora showed as usually 5 avios per $ - current double avios promo - 10 avios per $.

Neiman Marcus was usually 10 avios per $ - double avios promo 20 avios per $.

Went in today to make my purchases and Sephora is showing usually 3 avios per $ - current double avios promo - 5 avios per $.

Neiman Marcus showed as 10 avios per $ with no mention of the usual amount. As I clicked on it, it went to usually 4 avios per $ - double avios promo 8 avios per $.

I really can't be bothered telling them that 2x3 is 6, not 5!

I'm on my way to buy my stuff from the Miles and More store - I have so had it with BA.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:53 am
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:05 pm

For anyone buying flowers, the eStore is currently offering 30 Avios/£ (yes, thirty) at Appleyard Flowers, until the end of June:

https://www.shopping.ba.com/gifts-an...leyard-flowers
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just went onto https://www.shopping.ba.com/ and it looks like their certificate expired 14/04/2017.

I expect no one at BA (or whoever they outsourced to) will notice until Tuesday. So much fail.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by onylon
Just went onto https://www.shopping.ba.com/ and it looks like their certificate expired 14/04/2017.

I expect no one at BA (or whoever they outsourced to) will notice until Tuesday. So much fail.
Yup, same here.
However, I had to shop and took the risk in the hope it would be safe.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:48 pm

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
It almost certainly will be. It is the same certificate they were presenting before it expired, and there is nothing inherently "bad" about a certificate after it has expired, it just gives people longer to find the private keys needed to intercept communications. Also a certificate that never expired would mean "crack once, crack forever". Yearly or two yearly cycling of certificates cuts that down a bit, although the much more frequent cert cycling as used by LetsEncrypt is obviously much better.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:08 am

Very unprofessional to have a public facing site with an expired production certificate. Someone needs to really reconsider their certificate management policy.

But as said, an expired certificate (especially for a few days) isn't inherently insecure, just sloppy.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I just noticed in estore that iTunes purchases get 7 Avios/pound.

Can I set up my iTunes so this gets registered on each purchase, or do I need to go via the menus on the iTunes page on the web redirected to by estore?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by mikebg
I just noticed in estore that iTunes purchases get 7 Avios/pound.

Can I set up my iTunes so this gets registered on each purchase, or do I need to go via the menus on the iTunes page on the web redirected to by estore?
You have to use the portal.

The only time I've seen cases where you don't have to use a portal is when the portal offers a browser plugin or menu bar that you can use instead.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Thanks.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Is there a Canadian version of this e-mall ?
Old May 26, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Seems to be triple points on some retailers this weekend.
i.e. 6 Avios per £ at Tesco Direct
Old May 26, 2017, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by xenole
Seems to be triple points on some retailers this weekend.
i.e. 6 Avios per £ at Tesco Direct
20 of them, according to an email from BA and the page to which it links:-
  1. AO.com - 6 Avios / £1
  2. Apple UK - 12 Avios / £1
  3. Argos.co.uk - 6 Avios / £1
  4. ASOS UK - 12 Avios / £1
  5. B&Q - 3 Avios / £1
  6. Boden UK - 9 Avios / £1
  7. Currys - 6 Avios / £1
  8. Debenhams - 9 Avios / £1
  9. Harrods - 24 Avios / £1
  10. House of Fraser - 6 Avios / £1
  11. John Lewis - 6 Avios / £1
  12. Just Eat - 6 Avios / £1
  13. Marks & Spencer - 12 Avios / £1
  14. Molton Brown - 15 Avios / £1
  15. PC World - 6 Avios / £1
  16. Selfridges - Up to 18 Avios / £1
  17. Tesco Direct - 6 Avios / £1
  18. THE OUTNET UK - 12 Avios / £1
  19. very.co.uk - 3 Avios / £1
  20. Wickes - 6 Avios / £1
Offer ends 31 May 2017.

Also, according to the email, "when you use your British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card before 06 July 2017, we’ll give you 500 bonus Avios."
Old May 29, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Avios e-store

I hope it's OK to post here about Avios e-Store, i.e. avios.com.

My pending transaction - hotels.com booking for September 2017 - shows the wrong extended number of Avios online. I took advantage of a 12x offer, but the extended total shows only 10x on the price without VAT:
£1,140 earning 11,400 - should be 13,680 Avios.

I have tried to get this corrected, but the CS people say this can only be done a number of weeks after the stay, saying that earning hotels.com credits would affect the number of Avios awarded. I have NOT tried to sign up for hotels.com credit and don't plan to. I suspect I could only raise a claim if the lower (incorrect) number failed to post.

Avios CS refuse to understand the difficulty and can only respond using copy-and-paste extracts from T+Cs. What to do?
  • pursue the non-productive e-mail correspondence?
  • raise an official complaint? (c.c. CEO any good?)
  • cancel and book elsewhere? There are lower prices elsewhere without Avios, and Kaligo are offering 16,800 Avios for a small supplement
  • forget about it?

Grateful for FTers' advice.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Just-Eat

What is FTers' experience of earning Avios with Just-Eat?

I noticed our local chippy is part of Just-Eat. A month or so ago, we ordered and all was fine, except that the transaction has not posted as pending at Gate 365.

This may not be just a Gate 365 issue as we did the same thing a few days later using Virgin Shops Away and that transaction has not appeared in the pending summary online either, although our Waitrose shopping does appear.

The amounts are small and it's probably not worthwhile chasing, but it would be interesting to know whether I should ignore Just-Eat.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.