Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
The BA website provides links to the British Airways Avios eStore. In addition, there are the following links:

UK BA Avios eStore
http://www.shopping.ba.com/

US BA Avios eStore
TBC
Print Wikipost

Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
I've bought a few things so far from G365, mainly because of the free Avios and no price increase - the only concern I have though is while the click throughs are being recorded, the actual transaction isn't.

I know with VS they just ask for confirmation of the order and they manually add the points, so I just hope that BA do the same.
Probably... VS use the same shopping portal provider (as did bmi).
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Had the e mail from Ba about Gate 365, looks good, will now have to get used to this one, as it was easy to find my way around the old E store, still always good to get the little grey cells working with something new^
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
500 bonus avios for the first time you shop on 365 (minimum spend 50 GBP)
Is this advertised anywhere on the 365 site ?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

^^^
I think that promo only applied to the UK G365. It's not advertised on the US site.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:30 am

I don't see it on the UK site either, hence the question.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Is this advertised anywhere on the 365 site ?
It was advertised somewhere - I remember seeing it.
Can't see it on the website so perhaps it was in an email - I'll have a look later but the offer was the same as above.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Greeted me when I logged in. I've never used the 365 or eStore previously FYI. I'm using the UK site.

Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:42 am

It was advertised somewhere - I remember seeing it.
Can't see it on the website so perhaps it was in an email - I'll have a look later but the offer was the same as above.
It was posted by Avios on Facebook today.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Greeted me when I logged in. I've never used the 365 or eStore previously
I checked another BA account which hasn't previously used the eStore, and the 500 bonus is shown. I've used eStore before, and the bonus offer is not shown.

Is there any indication in the T&Cs whether this offer is restricted to first-time purchasers who have not previously used 365 or eStore ?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:47 am

I've bought a few things so far from G365, mainly because of the free Avios and no price increase - the only concern I have though is while the click throughs are being recorded, the actual transaction isn't.

I know with VS they just ask for confirmation of the order and they manually add the points, so I just hope that BA do the same.
I have only had three purchases track in as long as I've been using it. Two for Apple, one for Ticketmaster. John Lewis has never, ever tracked for me. I have tried everything imaginable to try and get them to track, but it never seems to happen.

My process is to set a calendar event for 40 days from the purchase, then go on to the shopping portal and submit a claim. From experience, I tend to stick a highlighted note in there if the purchase was made during some sort of promotion, otherwise they seem to forget.

A little while later, I always get an email saying they couldn't complete my request based on the information provided, or some words to that equivalent. I then reply with a VAT receipt, and the Avios appear a short while later.

This has been my experience with every order, pretty much. It's quite frustrating how broken the tracking seems to be, but other people seem to get on with it okay.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TATLTale
I have only had three purchases track in as long as I've been using it. Two for Apple, one for Ticketmaster. John Lewis has never, ever tracked for me. I have tried everything imaginable to try and get them to track, but it never seems to happen.
Do you have settings that block or reject tracking/advertising cookies? I have to remember to turn my blocking off before shopping, otherwise the purchases don't track.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Do you have settings that block or reject tracking/advertising cookies? I have to remember to turn my blocking off before shopping, otherwise the purchases don't track.
Sadly, that's not it. I use a separate install for these purchases to make sure none of my extensions or settings on my main browser interfere. Yesterday I had the Ticketmaster purchase of Monty Python tickets track, but the John Lewis and White Company orders immediately after has not. Those were both for one item each and processed quickly, so it's not even a case of the tracking 'timing out' as far as I can figure.

I can't think of much else to try, but I'm all ears for suggestions!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
It's clearly something wrong with the software/link between the 2.
All my clicks register, just not the transactions.

I'll do what TATLTale suggested and set myself a reminder
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Is it just me or is the link broken?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

I have tried IE 11 and Chrome 31 and get a "page not found", this is the link found here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avios/shopping
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I find that I always have to use the https://www.shopping.ba.com URL. I somehow ended up bookmarking the T&Cs. Whenever I go to the T&Cs things seem to work okay. I used the UK store btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.