Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
The BA website provides links to the British Airways Avios eStore. In addition, there are the following links:

UK BA Avios eStore
http://www.shopping.ba.com/

US BA Avios eStore
TBC
Print Wikipost

Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
My pending transaction - hotels.com booking for September 2017 - shows the wrong extended number of Avios online. ...

Avios CS refuse to understand the difficulty and can only respond using copy-and-paste extracts from T+Cs. What to do?
Resolved , no thanks to avios.com. (And we're Avios-rich so don't really need more Avios.)

Using a code from the Hotel Deals forum, I found a cheaper price with no miles from another agent but otherwise similar conditions. It turns out that with the hotels.com deal, I would effectively have been paying over 6p per Avios.

New deal booked, old deal cancelled, refund already in my card account.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:30 pm
duo

Has to be THE most frustrating website to buy from - just bought an item through it and the Avios calculated are about half of what I should be getting. Complained and they just sent me the T&C; basically ignored what I wrote. It is not the first time this has happened.

I use the site as much as I can but I find their T&C vague at best; I never have confidence that they give you the correct amount of Avios.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
20 of them, according to an email from BA and the page to which it links:-
  1. AO.com - 6 Avios / £1
  2. Apple UK - 12 Avios / £1
  3. Argos.co.uk - 6 Avios / £1
  4. ASOS UK - 12 Avios / £1
  5. B&Q - 3 Avios / £1
  6. Boden UK - 9 Avios / £1
  7. Currys - 6 Avios / £1
  8. Debenhams - 9 Avios / £1
  9. Harrods - 24 Avios / £1
  10. House of Fraser - 6 Avios / £1
  11. John Lewis - 6 Avios / £1
  12. Just Eat - 6 Avios / £1
  13. Marks & Spencer - 12 Avios / £1
  14. Molton Brown - 15 Avios / £1
  15. PC World - 6 Avios / £1
  16. Selfridges - Up to 18 Avios / £1
  17. Tesco Direct - 6 Avios / £1
  18. THE OUTNET UK - 12 Avios / £1
  19. very.co.uk - 3 Avios / £1
  20. Wickes - 6 Avios / £1
Offer ends 31 May 2017.

Also, according to the email, "when you use your British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card before 06 July 2017, we’ll give you 500 bonus Avios."
I took 'advantage' of this deal and now Avios are refusing to credit my account - posting a meaningless extract of the T&C's (which weren't even in place at the time of purchase).

Anyone had any experience getting complaints escalated?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've never really used the store, but have noticed that I could have claimed points for a number of recent purchases (in particular a Eurocamp holiday that I'll be taking in August) - I wondered if anyone has any experience of claiming points where you were eligible, but you didn't get it right... is there a simple way of owning up and asking to be credited anyway, or is it a cancel and rebook sort of thing?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Currently in a game of email ping-pong with one of the Customer Service robots about some missing Avios - I purchased an item via them and used a discount code provided by the e-store. Avios will not be credited because I used an "external coupon" apparently, even though it wasn't. Trying to tell them this but they just keep quoting irrelevant passages from their Ts and Cs. Very frustrating...
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
II have just noticed something very odd. I am having Avios that were previously credited suddenly deducted from my account. I haven't had any explanation for this. Quite a few of them were from the promos in the summer. I have looked on my eStore account and it seems that they have been "Cancelled by Merchant"

They are all legitimate purchases. Has anyone else had similar?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Yes - 2000 cancelled by merchant (House of Fraser). Given all the negative press on here I didn’t bother event trying to chase it. Would be interested if anyone could suggest where to start...?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:43 am

OK - not just me then. I have had about 15,000 cancelled from Furniture Village, The White Co and House of Fraser. Not an insignificant amount but I have quite a few Avios anyway so I'm really motivating myself to chase these. I guess I should.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:33 am

Actually, what with the various devaluations over the years, Avios becoming more difficut to use on the fly and various partner airlines having offers that sometimes border on the outrageous, I'm starting to question the value in having a large Avios balance. Cashback sites are probably the way to go - they give more flexibility than the eStore.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I just checked my Avios e-store account (which I use for Hilton bookings) and at some point in the past 2 weeks one of my stays has moved from pending to cancelled. This relates to a booking in June for a stay in August this year.

I am concerned as this stay was worth nearly 3,000 Avios and I have a further 5 Hilton stays that I am due Avios on.

I have contacted Avios so lets see.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:28 am

I have had a reply. Apparently there was a sale on at Furniture Village which has allowed them to cancel the Avios. Using this site is a lottery. Looking into my account about half of my purchases have been cancelled this year. It’s back to top ash back for me.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
FWIW ... I had a long pause since early June in Avios posting for tens of US purchases, but fortunately all posted in late October/early November.
(Sigh of relief)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
How do you get the avios collected on the estore transferred to your account? For some reason my last three transactions are showing as approved but the avios have now been paid over. We are going back some eight months here. Is their a minimum transfer level. The contact us seems to be more about missing transactions rather than getting them paid across.

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've never had an issue. The Avios appear in my account after 4 weeks or so without any nudging, but then again, it could be retailer dependent on the speed of paying out etc. Amounts range from low double figures to triple.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
I've never had an issue. The Avios appear in my account after 4 weeks or so without any nudging, but then again, it could be retailer dependent on the speed of paying out etc. Amounts range from low double figures to triple.
My wife purchased an item at Staples on Sept 8, 2017 and from Sears on Nov 24, 2017 through the BA EStore, and I've contacted BA about her BA mileage credit for these purchases and sent copies of receipts FIVE TIMES and we're still waiting for the missing miles. These are around $80 in one case and around $14 in the other case but she needs to have activity in her account to keep the miles fresh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.