Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
The BA website provides links to the British Airways Avios eStore. In addition, there are the following links:

UK BA Avios eStore
http://www.shopping.ba.com/

US BA Avios eStore
TBC
Print Wikipost

Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:42 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by greg5
I find that I always have to use the https://www.shopping.ba.com URL. I somehow ended up bookmarking the T&Cs. Whenever I go to the T&Cs things seem to work okay. I used the UK store btw.

Yes it's the UK site, I find it strange that the URLs don't work from inside EC. I guess it may be a problem on my side but I have tried different browser and cleaned cockies/cache. No luck.

I always end up with a "page not found". However https://www.shopping.ba.com does work
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: US Dividend, BA EC
Neither link works for me, or the link from my EC page
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
The Selfridges 8 points per £1 has been great recently. Bagged over 5k Avios doing all my Christmas shopping
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Men look

Hi there
I live in Republic of Ireland. Currently trying to buy something via MenLook store on Gate 365. Problem is it is asking for postal code. There are none in RoI. I have tried multiple combos, - any suggestions? Am going to ring them when they open in morning also
Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Originally Posted by mrkdips
Hi there
I live in Republic of Ireland. Currently trying to buy something via MenLook store on Gate 365. Problem is it is asking for postal code. There are none in RoI. I have tried multiple combos, - any suggestions? Am going to ring them when they open in morning also
Thanks
Hi. Any ideas what to do - I have tried to ring the shop and it won't connect from the welcome message and dial 1 for MenLook command. So frustrating as I want to buy something for Xmas for hubby. Will just have to book a BA flight at this stage
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:49 pm

I found this link that works: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
How long does it take for the Avios to post?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by greg5
How long does it take for the Avios to post?
Posted today after filing a missing Avios claim over the weekend. I've still to get the 500 Avios bonus, but the 12 Avios per £ via Lonely Planet was a fine deal for me.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Avios from shopping through gate 365

How long does it take for Avios earned through e-shopping - gate 365 - to be credited in my BAEC account ?

I have used it for the first time. It looks like a great way to collect Avios (I know I am stating the obvious for most of you... please be patient)
Old May 30, 2014, 11:09 am

Black circles took 3 weeks for me.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:53 am
Formerly known as Tim Farrell

Consider whether Gate365 is the best opportunity to earn Avios or not.

I recently purchased two pairs of shoes from Schuh for £105 total. This would have earned me 420 Avios at a rate of 4 Avios per £1 spent.

Instead, I purchased the shoes via TopCashback (similar to Quidco) and earned £5.35 cashback. I can then convert this into £5.35 worth of Tesco Clubcard vouchers which when converted to Avios at a rate of 600 for every £2.50 worth of Clubcard vouchers gives me 1284 Avios.

However, if I had reached my annual £50 TopCashback to Clubcard limit, I could instead convert this £5.35 into 535 Avios points directly via TopCashback.

Always consider the other options..
Old May 30, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
please be patient)[/QUOTE]

You will need to be!

I have had argos range from best being 4 weeks to worst 4 months
Savile row were 5 weeks
Debenhams have ranged from 3-5 weeks.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
TCB should be your first choice yes, but for the likes of John Lewis (and Lakeland I think as well) who don't feature on the cashback sites the BA e-store is a no brainer.
Old May 31, 2014, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by TATLTale
I have only had three purchases track in as long as I've been using it. Two for Apple, one for Ticketmaster. John Lewis has never, ever tracked for me. I have tried everything imaginable to try and get them to track, but it never seems to happen.
This!

This is why I've never bothered with these shopping portals. On all the forums for every airline or other programme you see people complaining about slow posting or not posting at all. Apparently some merchants are bigger problems than others but it's a a universal problem.

Personal pet peeve is companies that have bad products and think that the way to sell them is to "rebrand" or promote them somehow rather than actually fix the product
Old May 31, 2014, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by zkzkz
This!

This is why I've never bothered with these shopping portals. On all the forums for every airline or other programme you see people complaining about slow posting or not posting at all. Apparently some merchants are bigger problems than others but it's a a universal problem.

Personal pet peeve is companies that have bad products and think that the way to sell them is to "rebrand" or promote them somehow rather than actually fix the product
A lot of these portals are run by the same company. Last time I looked VS used the same provider as BA (as did BD).

There's a lot of things that can go wrong in purchase tracking. It can be an issue with the users browser, the site itself not sending the correct purchase data to their affiliate provider, the affiliate provider not processing the data correctly, the airline/cashback portal not processing the affiliate data correctly, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.