Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Amber Weather Warning: High Winds London and South East Sun 27 & Mon 28 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA.com is currently advising:

27 October 213 at 23:23 GMT

London Heathrow
We have complied with a request from Heathrow Airport to reduce our flying schedule on Monday 28 October as a result of the severe forecast storms.

The airport has instructed all airlines using Heathrow to reduce their schedules in the following manner on Monday:
Between 0600 and 1100 a 20 per cent reduction in the schedule has been applied
Between 1100 and 1600 a 10 per cent reduction in the schedule has been applied
Between 1600 and 2230 a 5 per cent reduction in the schedule has been applied
All of the agreed cancellations are for our European and domestic flights at Heathrow, and these have been published.

All our long-haul flights into and out of London Heathrow are currently planned to operate as normal.

London Gatwick and London City
We currently plan to operate all flights to and from London Gatwick and London City airports as normal.
Print Wikipost

Amber Weather Warning: High Winds London and South East Sun 27 & Mon 28 Oct

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:20 pm

My originally scheduled BA98 got pushed back by 22 hours so I'm glad I got out when I did.

The friend with whom I was traveling to London didn't join me so he's now stuck.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by evanderm
My originally scheduled BA98 got pushed back by 22 hours so I'm glad I got out when I did.

The friend with whom I was traveling to London didn't join me so he's now stuck.
So BA didn't operate 99 to YYZ today. Was the weather that bad at LHR today? All the JFK flights operated

Chalk another one up for the thread ;>}

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-delayed.html

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Oct 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was originally on the 98 tonight from YYZ but switched early at the desk for the earlier flight, a smart move now considering the 98 is canx. According to the lounge staff those of us on the 92 will leave tonight it's just a matter of where we will land. Our aircraft has been here for some time and everyone here seems adament that we'll at least cross the Atlantic.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:35 pm

BA99 only gets in at 23:30, why I don't know. I'm assuming the late arrival means curfew restrictions and that pushes the flight back. I wonder why they don't just operate it as a daytime flight. Catering issue?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:38 pm

BA99 only gets in at 23:30, why I don't know. I'm assuming the late arrival means curfew restrictions and that pushes the flight back. I wonder why they don't just operate it as a daytime flight. Catering issue?
Today's 98 is not leaving now until 15:00 tomorrow.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Today's 98 is not leaving now until 15:00 tomorrow.
They moved it forward? The app and expertflyer both say 20:30. 15:00 would mean it arrives into LHR at 01:00 or so. I was supposed to be on 98 tonight so that's what I meant when I said my originally scheduled flight was pushed back. I got out Friday instead.
Expert flyer only states operational reasons for the delay. I wonder if there was more to it than weather. If so 261/2004 might apply. It's definitely a stretch though.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:47 pm

They moved it forward? The app and expertflyer both say 20:30. 15:00 would mean it arrives into LHR at 01:00 or so.
My mistake I mean't today's 99. Was today's canx mechanical I wonder?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:53 pm

My mistake I mean't today's 99. Was today's canx mechanical I wonder?
Google says it left at 19:30 which is the information I was going on, expert flyer confirmed this. I wonder if there was a diversion then?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
That's not treating you like a through-ticketed passenger. I would stand my ground politely, and if no luck, hang up and call again.
AA rep says $187 now ($150 UK departure tax + misc fee). In order to change, she said I need to be out of check-in state, and once that happens, I can't avoid the departure tax. Is this normal?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by GDOCA
I was originally on the 98 tonight from YYZ but switched early at the desk for the earlier flight, a smart move now considering the 98 is canx. According to the lounge staff those of us on the 92 will leave tonight it's just a matter of where we will land. Our aircraft has been here for some time and everyone here seems adament that we'll at least cross the Atlantic.
Hope you got my PM, say hi to the lounge staff for me. If it's L, or P, they'll know who I am if you explain that I left Friday instead of today!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by offtheglass
AA rep says $187 now ($150 UK departure tax + misc fee). In order to change, she said I need to be out of check-in state, and once that happens, I can't avoid the departure tax. Is this normal?
Still sounds fishy given the situation but I'd say jump on it to be assured the seat then claim a refund later. Only do that if you're willing and able to part with the money if they don't give the refund.

Do you have travel insurance with trip interruption coverage? Or did you use a credit card that has coverage?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Originally Posted by matine-allstars
An Amber Weather warning has been issued for London and the South East starting late Sun 27th into Mon 28th October

My company has already alerted staff to the high risk of disruption

I am guessing that delays at London airports can be anticipated

They are not certain at the minute how the weather pattern will track

Something to keep an eye on, if you are travelling

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1382918400
Today, Sunday, just arrived from CDG...my plane came in from LHR......very windy, London alerts all around CDG.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:04 pm

Google says it left at 19:30 which is the information I was going on, expert flyer confirmed this. I wonder if there was a diversion then?
That's odd. ba.com says it's delayed till tomorrow afternoon.

http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/t...ate=2013-10-27
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:08 pm

Still sounds fishy given the situation but I'd say jump on it to be assured the seat then claim a refund later. Only do that if you're willing and able to part with the money if they don't give the refund.

Do you have travel insurance with trip interruption coverage? Or did you use a credit card that has coverage?
Yeah a bit fishy to me too. I used AA gift card with AMEX gold card. I'm wondering if 100% of the ticket has to be paid with a credit card.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:10 pm

That's odd. ba.com says it's delayed till tomorrow afternoon.

http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/t...ate=2013-10-27
After you mentioned it I checked. I've been hearing the wind outside for a while already here near EIN in the Netherlands though the METARs only say 15kts for here and 9kts for LHR currently. A gentle to moderate breeze according to the Beaufort wind scale descriptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.