Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Amber Weather Warning: High Winds London and South East Sun 27 & Mon 28 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA.com is currently advising:

27 October 213 at 23:23 GMT

London Heathrow
We have complied with a request from Heathrow Airport to reduce our flying schedule on Monday 28 October as a result of the severe forecast storms.

The airport has instructed all airlines using Heathrow to reduce their schedules in the following manner on Monday:
Between 0600 and 1100 a 20 per cent reduction in the schedule has been applied
Between 1100 and 1600 a 10 per cent reduction in the schedule has been applied
Between 1600 and 2230 a 5 per cent reduction in the schedule has been applied
All of the agreed cancellations are for our European and domestic flights at Heathrow, and these have been published.

All our long-haul flights into and out of London Heathrow are currently planned to operate as normal.

London Gatwick and London City
We currently plan to operate all flights to and from London Gatwick and London City airports as normal.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver, AF/KLM Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Accor

An Amber Weather warning has been issued for London and the South East starting late Sun 27th into Mon 28th October

My company has already alerted staff to the high risk of disruption

I am guessing that delays at London airports can be anticipated

They are not certain at the minute how the weather pattern will track

Something to keep an eye on, if you are travelling

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1382918400

Last edited by matine-allstars; Oct 25, 2013 at 12:44 am
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
This is good to know! I'm booked on the evening LHR-HEL on Monday; I'll be very interested to see what happens!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
And guess who is flying into LHR on Monday.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Not just London and the south east !!!!!

www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/story.html?aid=19983168

Regardless of the transport disruption that will happen if the storm hits as predicted, I hope everyone stays safe, prepares and acts sensibly.

Please spare a thought for members of the emergency services that will still be out working overnight Sunday and during Monday dealing with whatever is thrown at the country.

Be safe everyone

cs
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thanks for the reminder! I'm scheduled for CDG-LHR on Sunday afternoon.

I've let me supervisor know I could be delayed on my return!

Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; HHonors; ClubCarlson
Great! I'm flying to FRA Monday. My last four flights have all been hit by some trouble or other - either strikes or faulty aircraft!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Blue
LHR-IAD on Monday morning....
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
No proactive rebooking options / cancellations as of yet:

http://www.speedbirdclub.com/nl/all-...t/ukstormwarn/
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
NCL-LON Sunday - what would be the least likely affected option? Most of the East Coast route wouldn't be affected by the bad weather, but it's possible it affects the southern section of the line and takes down power cables.

Flying - BA seem to have a policy of cancelling domestics when they need to run a revised schedule.

I've not booked yet, but train was going to be my preferred choice as I need to be in central London and my destination is served directly by tube from KGX.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Am flying into LHR early on Monday. My flight will have night stopped in VIE so should be no issues with inbound delays, unless of course my ac gets stuck in LHR on the Sunday evening- in which case I am well and truly up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Am flying into LHR early on Monday. My flight will have night stopped in VIE so should be no issues with inbound delays, unless of course my ac gets stuck in LHR on the Sunday evening- in which case I am well and truly up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
If that happens ask BA to transfer you to the OS flights if they're operating.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by tuff
And guess who is flying into LHR on Monday.
If it's our resident IRROPS magnet then we really do have problems.

Sorry tuff - good luck with your travels
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:46 am

I've just rebooked my flight for Sunday ... now due in at lunchtime instead of late evening

Of course that either means the storm will miss LHR completely, or that it will arrive at LHR ... around about lunchtime
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:39 am

Weather disruptions expected Monday 28 October 2013

BA have issued a statement warning of disruptions due to weather on Monday 28 Oct. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...a?p_faqid=4657

As of yet, there are no cancellations.

I'm due to arrive Monday morning and do an out and back LHR-AMS-LHR Monday evening with the return portion of that being a separate booking. As BA have not posted a waiver or cancelled any flights yet I can't change anything. Not surprising considering it's still a while off and my flights may very well operate as scheduled.

I'm contemplating just paying the change fees associated with my booking but the first reservations agent I spoke to couldn't price the itinerary citing (incorrectly) that it was an onbusiness booking. Oh well...

I have travel insurance so at least somewhat prepared.

Hope things go well for everyone else set to fly if the weather does turn bad.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services, BA Silver, Emirates Gold, Airfrance Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by evanderm
BA have issued a statement warning of disruptions due to weather on Monday 28 Oct. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...a?p_faqid=4657

As of yet, there are no cancellations.

I'm due to arrive Monday morning and do an out and back LHR-AMS-LHR Monday evening with the return portion of that being a separate booking. As BA have not posted a waiver or cancelled any flights yet I can't change anything. Not surprising considering it's still a while off and my flights may very well operate as scheduled.

I'm contemplating just paying the change fees associated with my booking but the first reservations agent I spoke to couldn't price the itinerary citing (incorrectly) that it was an onbusiness booking. Oh well...

I have travel insurance so at least somewhat prepared.

Hope things go well for everyone else set to fly if the weather does turn bad.
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. LHR-AMS-LHR on Monday afternoon/evening to start a trip to Asia. Not looking good... and inventory is now showing closed out for most flights on Monday.

Might have to keep the fingers crossed that BA either get out later on Monday, or will allow me to start my long-haul journey from LHR on Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.