FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amber Weather Warning: High Winds London and South East Sun 27 & Mon 28 Oct
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:12 am
MW_W5

Programs: UA Global Services, BA Silver, Emirates Gold, Airfrance Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by evanderm
BA have issued a statement warning of disruptions due to weather on Monday 28 Oct. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...a?p_faqid=4657

As of yet, there are no cancellations.

I'm due to arrive Monday morning and do an out and back LHR-AMS-LHR Monday evening with the return portion of that being a separate booking. As BA have not posted a waiver or cancelled any flights yet I can't change anything. Not surprising considering it's still a while off and my flights may very well operate as scheduled.

I'm contemplating just paying the change fees associated with my booking but the first reservations agent I spoke to couldn't price the itinerary citing (incorrectly) that it was an onbusiness booking. Oh well...

I have travel insurance so at least somewhat prepared.

Hope things go well for everyone else set to fly if the weather does turn bad.
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. LHR-AMS-LHR on Monday afternoon/evening to start a trip to Asia. Not looking good... and inventory is now showing closed out for most flights on Monday.

Might have to keep the fingers crossed that BA either get out later on Monday, or will allow me to start my long-haul journey from LHR on Tuesday.