Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WW "airlines to go bust"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965

I would not be too surprised if there is pushback against this by the banks, along the lines of them not being liable until all avenues have been explored with the airline (or their appointed administrators) to recover the monies owed. As it is a joint liability, they will be looking for any sniff of any cash being forthcoming from the administators to lessen their liability.
But that isn't the consumer's problem. They ARE liable via joint liability....you pursue either party and leave them to sort it out themselves.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
They can push all they like but they are jointly liable under s75, which means that it is entirely up to you to start an action against either the bank or the airline or both and the bank cannot tell you to sort it with the airline first. They are free to then turn to the airline (or the administrators) to try to recover whatever they paid you but that is their problem, not yours.
Fair enough, however we all know how banks work, they may be legally liable but still like giving you the run-around.

I am therefore suprised thst the Which template letter stated:
“I’ve tried to resolve this dispute with the airline, but they have not refunded my expenses as they are required to do pursuant to Articles 5 and 9(1)(b) of (EC) Regulation 261/2004.”

If the bank can be aproached independently then this section is superfluous.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I am therefore suprised thst the Which template letter stated:
“I’ve tried to resolve this dispute with the airline, but they have not refunded my expenses as they are required to do pursuant to Articles 5 and 9(1)(b) of (EC) Regulation 261/2004.”

If the bank can be aproached independently then this section is superfluous.
While you are not legally required to do it, it does make sense to try to solve it with the airline first and therefore good advice to do so.
orbitmic and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
FlyBe saga has another twist
Arizona-based airline Mesa leads consortium tabling last-minute Flybe rescue deal that could scupper Virgin bid | City A.M.

Arizona-based airline Mesa has tabled a £65m rescue deal for struggling airline Flybe in a dramatic move that could derail a takeover bid led by Virgin Atlantic.
Not clear on how they will deal with the ownership requirements.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Loganair already run a service from GLA to nearby CFN ("Donegal", kind of) with BA codeshares on it.
Loganair take on LDY-STN and LDY-MAN
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Thanks for that. We may get a LHR-MAN-LDY BA codeshare off the back of that

[Edited to add that Loganair have already added the flights and fares for Derry/Londonderry to their timetable]
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Virgin/Flybe deal gone through as well.
Story on HfP and P&J
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
FlyBe are starting a daily GCI-LHR for the summer season. The £825k subsidy from the Guernsey government equates to something like £24 a seat...

https://guernseypress.com/news/2019/...med-as-825000/
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:27 pm

So now we can go LHR-GCI-JER. I wonder what impact that will have on BA's LGW-JER service.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
FlyBe are starting a daily GCI-LHR for the summer season. The £825k subsidy from the Guernsey government equates to something like £24 a seat...

https://guernseypress.com/news/2019/...med-as-825000/
If FlyBe codeshare on VS ex-LHR, then it opens the Guernsey market to some good one-stop destinations; notwithstanding the sub-optimal GCI timings.

Re impact on JER-LGW, my feeling is limited. I suspect most pax from Guernsey fly to the mainland, SOU etc, and then self transfer to LHR. Can’t see many travelling to Jersey to only fly to LGW. Does Uncle T have contacts on the other island?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

So Indigo Partners walked away from a deal last week, and Wow Air went to Icelandair again in an attempt to revive the previous talks.

Tonight Icelandair also ended discussions. You have to think that puts Wow Air in a very precarious position.

Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
So Indigo Partners walked away from a deal last week, and Wow Air went to Icelandair again in an attempt to revive the previous talks.

Tonight Icelandair also ended discussions. You have to think that puts Wow Air in a very precarious position.

News reports suggest that payments have been missed to lessors, and one aircraft has now been repossessed at YUL, with another sent out to operate the route but not yet having left YUL either. I would assume that as soon as you get into the situation of large scale cancellations (which seems to be where they are this morning), revenue generation collapses because noone is willing to book a ticket in case WOW collapses... which doesn't exactly help.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by jamespi
News reports suggest that payments have been missed to lessors, and one aircraft has now been repossessed at YUL, with another sent out to operate the route but not yet having left YUL either. I would assume that as soon as you get into the situation of large scale cancellations (which seems to be where they are this morning), revenue generation collapses because noone is willing to book a ticket in case WOW collapses... which doesn't exactly help.
Yes would certainly appear to be the end of WOW today.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
It's official WOW have thrown in the towel

wowair.com/travel-alert/

Last edited by bhbloke; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:33 am Reason: Updated link
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Will Wow assets be a target for anyone? Could be used to put more pressure on Norwegian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.