Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WW "airlines to go bust"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The picture on the Wikipedia article about Germania Flug is actually HB-JOG so I would say that is as close to confirmation as you can get. ;-)
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
I believe that is the case as I speculated up thread.

Flug and titan seem to be supplying limited flights for airbus currently.

I do wonder if this is something titan could be in the running for long term .....

cs
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Many thanks for confirmation. HB-JOG did indeed push back this evening just after 17:00 operating a GM flight number to an airport beginning with F that I have never heard of. To keep this on topic it was observed from seat 1A of BA0379 TLS to LHR.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
HB-JOG did indeed push back this evening just after 17:00 operating a GM flight number to an airport beginning with F that I have never heard of.
FR24 says XFW (Hamburg Finkenwerder), where Airbus has a big factory. A TLS-XFW flight is therefore pretty self-explanatory, and as cornishsimon says.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Many thanks for confirmation. HB-JOG did indeed push back this evening just after 17:00 operating a GM flight number to an airport beginning with F that I have never heard of. To keep this on topic it was observed from seat 1A of BA0379 TLS to LHR.

they operate TLS-XFM which is an airport in Hamburg

cs
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Yes, spot on, it was Finkenwerder.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Thomas Cook Group reviewing operations inc. a possible sale of airline following last quarter loss.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47155137
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Akoz
Thomas Cook Group reviewing operations inc. a possible sale of airline following last quarter loss.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47155137
Also in the same article which is interesting

In a further sign of stress in the airline sector, Norwegian Air said on Thursday that its fourth-quarter loss had widened to $351m (£272m) from about $83m a year ago.
The FT points our that

Although the number of passengers grew 13 per cent to 37m, the load factor - a measure of the fullness of planes - fell 1.7 percentage points to 85.8 per cent, given Norwegian’s rapidly expanding fleet.
https://www.ft.com/content/7edf613e-...b-ff8ef2b976c7
They also have a different figure ($257m) for the loss. Not sure why.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Worcester
They also have a different figure ($257m) for the loss. Not sure why.
Isn't $351m the Q4 loss and $257m the whole year loss?

In any event, my impression is that these figures are simply final confirmation of what had already been trailed in the recent profit warning and rights issue announcements.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Just goes to show how deep the crisis was at Flybe, and how it still may disappear.

“Flybe has warned shareholders it will wind up the company if they do not back a sale to a consortium led by Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Air.“

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/47165902
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Just goes to show how deep the crisis was at Flybe, and how it still may disappear.

“Flybe has warned shareholders it will wind up the company if they do not back a sale to a consortium led by Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Air.“

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/47165902
There hasn't been any doubt about how deep the doodoo was since the sale was initially announced, and especially so since it was then bulldozed through a few days later by the asset sale.

There is now nothing of value left in the PLC at all - so yes, if the share sale doesn't go through, there's nowt. The only thing that could change that is if the shareholders can force some sort of action to reverse/recover against Connect and/or the directors, but that looks pretty unlikely to succeed.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:31 am

TCX

If TCX is serious about selling up rather than just seeing if there is interest for a potential buyer, could this not be some scope for IAG? More valued LGW slots for long haul, and easy entry into profitable MAN longhaul ops?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by James Halliwell
If TCX is serious about selling up rather than just seeing if there is interest for a potential buyer, could this not be some scope for IAG? More valued LGW slots for long haul, and easy entry into profitable MAN longhaul ops?
Rebranded as Level?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Do I have my history correct in saying that part of the origins of TCX was as a BA Charter subsidiary?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by GrayBDG
Rebranded as Level?

I can’t see how that would work given at MAN particularly they would be going up against Virgin who are widely respected and the brand awareness is particularly strong up in the North West, if IAG can only just manage to operate Vueling successfully from LGW I really don’t think Level would work, nobody knows the brand, the BA brand would work much better, especially post Brexit!
JimEddie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.