Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Just a word for those unfamiliar with QR pricing -

They have sale fares in some class to some destinations almost 90% of the time to somewhere - however - they tend to last 3-4 days then end, and a couple of days later switch to somewhere else.

i.e. J to SEA, then Y to ISC, then break, the 3 days to MEA in both classes, then Y to Phillipines. Inevitably if you miss a sale, another comes around a fortnight later.

But - if you see what you want and are tempted to book it - do, or very least check out the book by date. We will be getting lots of "Bangkok was £1500 in J yesterday in QR, today it's £3000, so I guess i'm travelling in BA WTP...".

Tip 2 - for those for whom EX-EU is not a problem before booking, do check ex-EU and back into LHR in case you get a pleasant surprise () - and finally

Tip 3 - If you are travelling in Y - try and wait until the new airport is open, or definitely do not allow a 45 minute transfer especially if you have kids and buggies - guarantee you will have a prolonged period of 'will I / won't I'
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Malaysian16
But do you get access to any lounge or even the premium terminal if travelling in Y as a BA Silver member?

Went through that (QR economy terminal) once and vowed never ever to be cattle herded like that again...
QR has lounges for its Silver and Gold members so I think you will be accommodated there. The Premium Lounges are exclusively for J/F class passengers.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
BA has posted the Qatar earning table:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nux
BA has posted the Qatar earning table:
Thanks for posting! I'd checked twice already this morning but they hadn't got around to posting it!

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 2, 2013 at 4:03 am
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Good to know this is a bilateral agreement. I'm wondering if they'll add other booking classes (if they exist) once they're fully integrated into oneworld.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Good to know this is a bilateral agreement. I'm wondering if they'll add other booking classes (if they exist) once they're fully integrated into oneworld.
I can't see any missing QR booking classes on that list, but I guess I could be mistaken.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I can't see any missing QR booking classes on that list, but I guess I could be mistaken.
Thanks for the info. I assume V and W are deeply discounted economy fares, aren't they?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Thanks for the info. I assume V and W are deeply discounted economy fares, aren't they?
Yes - W being the cheapest of the cheap.

But - from 01 Oct they are aligning booking classes with One Worlds just to complicate matters, so I presume this table will be updated - new classes are already loaded for travel from 01 Oct:

Travel until 30SEP13
W, V, E, H, U, K, Q, Business: Z, D
Travel from 01OCT13
O, Q, N, S, V, L, M, Business I, D
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All revenue fare codes are listed in BA's earning table.

As noted above, QR's fare structure changes for flights from 1 October onwards.

So BA will have to update the table on 1 October. Which is looking increasingly likely to be the oneworld entry date...
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Presumably QR lounge privileges for BA Silver/Gold & OW equivalents won't start until QR officially joins OW?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be correct, yes.

For now, all that happens is that you can earn Avios on QR.

Everything else (Tier Points, one world status recognition [luggage, lounge, etc]) has to wait.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
All revenue fare codes are listed in BA's earning table.

As noted above, QR's fare structure changes for flights from 1 October onwards.

So BA will have to update the table on 1 October. Which is looking increasingly likely to be the oneworld entry date...
Thanks for sharing! I recalled to have read that QR would have updated its booking classes but I wasn't sure. Everything's clearer now.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
So if I am reading the various charts correctly, QR I-class discounted business is what is currently called Z? (Post-Oct 1)

And that *should* in theory earn Avios?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by DeanB
So if I am reading the various charts correctly, QR I-class discounted business is what is currently called Z? (Post-Oct 1)

And that *should* in theory earn Avios?
Exactly. According to the table listed above you can earn 125% avios.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Surely if 1/10 is still the join date, we can expect an announcement next week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.