Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Speaking of OW integration, the QR tail seems to have joined the others atop the oneworld.com homepage. Is the joining date definitely still Oct 30th, or has somebody at OW got overexcited and jumped the shark?
Its definitely 30th, with BA and AA getting priority access, possibly as a trial to iron out issues before the 30th.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
It better be the 30th; I've got a load of QR flights booked for early November!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Still no joy on BA.com to book with Avios.... so it appears QR can book on BA with miles but not the other way around?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K
looking for DOH-AUH on BA with no luck.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:19 pm
Lux

Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:33 am

can we now use avios to book QR flights?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Lux
Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...ines/qatar.jsp

I am sure that BA will eventually update it's earning chart for QR. AA did this on September 23 when the partnership between the two airlines started.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I still have had no joy trying to book a BA flight using my QR miles. It tells me that BA dont fly the route that I want to book, which is odd as it is LON-EDi and there is availability.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I just randomly tried DOH-HKG in business for the 16th Jan and it came up with 2 flights.
Trying to see the redemption cost gives the standard "we are unable to book this flight" error.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
QR flights now loaded on BA.com for redemptions. You may need to call the call centre to confirm.

Also not everything is necessarily there: I just swapped BA LHR-DXB in Oct with QR LHR-DOH-DXB just to try it out. But DOH-DXB sector wasn't showing on BA.com and there was once seat available LHR-DOH. Call centre found the connection (I was going to pay otherwise) and all set and booked.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:20 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all

Apologies for the delay - QR redemptions are indeed now available to book on ba.com.

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:45 am

I wasn't able to book online about an hour ago (flights were showing but wouldn't price), but it worked on the phone.

Seat reservations seem a little odd ... apparently the first rows were reserved, the phone agent couldn't access them. Once booked and armed with PNR I put it in on http://www.qatarairways.com/ and could shift seats further forward. Odd.

EDIT: BA.com also has issues with the QR cabins, for instance on MUC-DOH there are only Economy and Business cabins (787 operated), and from DOH to MCT only Economy and First, yet BA.com shows this (apologies for the cut-and-paste):

Last edited by shorthauldad; Oct 2, 2013 at 9:50 am
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For those who have successfully received a redemption quote, how do you find the YQ on QR?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
For those who have successfully received a redemption quote, how do you find the YQ on QR?
Just paid a total of £274 taxes/fees/charges for MCT-DOH-MUC one-way in Y then J, for 2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby. No idea what the exact YQ was, but it can't be that much

For comparison, for MCT-LHR in J on BA metal the total taxes/fees/charges would be £503 for the same family group (btw, I realise LHR is further to travel, but not that much further...)
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I wasn't able to book online about an hour ago (flights were showing but wouldn't price), but it worked on the phone.
Award seats showing for EZE-GRU-DOH but won't price up either.

Seems to be some decent availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.