Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
When QR comes into the alliance, if the TP rules are the same, they will be very interesting, e.g., LHR or MAN - KUL (or BKK, HKG, etc.) will be 560 points. Find a nice connecting CE flight into Europe and fly from there, and instant silver for maybe as little as £2k.
You can get QR J flights to JNB for less than £1800* right now - if that delivers 140 TP/sector then it would be cheaper than an ex-EU fare and earn more TPs.

* Flights with a ~1 hour connection time appear to be excluded from this fare so one would need to kill 5 hours at DOH.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
You can get QR J flights to JNB for less than £1800* right now - if that delivers 140 TP/sector then it would be cheaper than an ex-EU fare and earn more TPs.

* Flights with a ~1 hour connection time appear to be excluded from this fare so one would need to kill 5 hours at DOH.
5 hours at DOH is easily doable. The premium terminal is excellent. Waiter service food, separate bar area, quiet rooms, duty free shopping.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've been through the old premium terminal at DOH and given that everything is a 30-minute bus ride from everywhere else, I wouldn't want too short a turnaround. Even getting a drink was a challenge with 90 minutes on the ground. In fact, my QR status is about to expire and I won't be able to keep it up even with BA travel. If QR had been OW last year, I would have done a lot more to keep it.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by irishguy28
And hopefully QR start SYD next year! As Qatar negotiated an open skies agreement with New Zealand earlier this year, they may perhaps serve AKL via SYD...
I really hope it! QR to Sydney would be a game changer for me
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
5 hours at DOH is easily doable. The premium terminal is excellent. Waiter service food, separate bar area, quiet rooms, duty free shopping.
But do you get access to any lounge or even the premium terminal if travelling in Y as a BA Silver member?

Went through that (QR economy terminal) once and vowed never ever to be cattle herded like that again...
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
All this is good news except....

On my annual jaunt I travel in WTP. Can't afford Club and can't face WhY.

Neither QR nor MH offer prem. Econ...
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
According to Business Traveller, BAEC members will indeed be able to earn Avios on QR flights from next Monday.

TPs, of course, will only be earned on fights taken after QR's official entry into oneworld, which is expected in October.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by londonbus
On my annual jaunt I travel in WTP. Can't afford Club and can't face WhY.

Neither QR nor MH offer prem. Econ...
QR J is often cheaper than WTP!
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
It will be interesting to see what transatlantic BA flights get a QR code whe the codeshare agreement is released, I would love to see QR #s on the LCY-JFK flight.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
According to Business Traveller, BAEC members will indeed be able to earn Avios on QR flights from next Monday.

TPs, of course, will only be earned on fights taken after QR's official entry into oneworld, which is expected in October.
Better than nothing, let's see if the October deadline will be respected
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Against BA Sale fares in T class... are you sure?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:32 pm

Of course it's not. But if you look at a random date in the future, the price often wont be too far apart. For example I booked a QR J return from HKG and the price was approx 20% more to fly in a J class that is more like BA F than CW.

Last edited by 1010101; Sep 2, 2013 at 2:02 am
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just priced up my upcoming QR trip (bought during their most recent 6-day sale) in the current BA sale, and BA WTP comes out ~€30 more expensive. Granted, on my dates the outbound fare was in E, not T.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The reason EY sees so much of my eastbound business is because I can stop in the UAE on the way back and see clients there. Even if I don't need to stop there, I still do because I'd rather fly a 7 hour leg, have a night in AUH or DXB and then do another 7 hours flight than spend 12 hours watching the same 4 films.

Plus the fact that a LHR-AUH-KUL-AUH-LHR itinerary in J is often <£1650 in their sales, and that includes a car from the Midlands to LHR, a car from AUH to DXB should I want one, a car back from DXB-AUH and then a car from LHR to the Midlands. Saves me £50 in fuel, £150 in parking, and £100 in return taxis.

The downside to QR, for me, is that I don't like DOH anywhere near as much as AUH or DXB.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: ABBA
Wow

Random route with a lot of advanced notice
MAN-SIN, dep Oct 13th, return Oct 17th

Giving 3 1/2 days in Singapore

Qatar: Business restricted (I): £2224 [560tp]
BA: £2773 [240tp]

For a more realistic notice period
Sep 15th-19th

Qatar: Business restricted (D/Z): £2630 [560tp]
BA: £2773 [240tp]

So still £140 cheaper!

One problem is that BA only off their discount WTP tickets when you have a Saturday night stay (not to mention an advanced purchase requirement)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.