Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Credit Qatar Airways flight to BAEC

I now have a flight to Doha from Manchester on Qatar Airways for early in the new year ( work related trip so flight booking was totally out of my hands ) should Qatar become a full OneWorld member between now and the day of my flight would I be able to credit the flight to my BAEC account.

Last edited by Speedbird279; Aug 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Yes. Just hold off putting any FF number in the system until check-in time.

If they join OW before then you will also get any benefits due if you have status (luggage allowance, lounges, etc).

Bear in mind that it's possible that the earning classes may be restricted (you may not earn points on certain booking classes) but I doubt that has been decided yet.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Speedbird279
I now have a flight to Doha from Manchester on Qatar Airways for early in the new year ( work related trip so flight booking was totally out of my hands ) should Qatar become a full OneWorld member between now and the day of my flight would I be able to credit the flight to my BAEC account.
Maybe. Depends upon the fare class your flight is booked in and what fare classes BAEC decides to give credit for on Qatar. Since Qatar is expected to join this fall a flight next year shouldn't be an issue (if Qatar's joining isn't delayed further) but what classes will earn avios and how much will be the issue. You can look to credit that BAEC gives for other oneworld airlines (other than the joint venture airlines) to see that BAEC doesn't always grant 100% credit.

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
You have to wait until formal admission of Qatar to OW. No guaranteed date as yet as far as I am aware; just references to aspirational dates.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Yes you would (I think the mileage earned per fare class is still to be determined though ie what economy fares would earn full mileage and which would earn a %)

If Qatar joined OW after your flights you would not get anything.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
The rumored date is October, you should be fine for flights in 2014. Just make sure your booking class is elegible
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks,

I'm booked in flexible J. It would be a bonus if they did become full members sometime this year as the day I'm due to fly out is the first day of my new membership year.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird279
Thanks,

I'm booked in flexible J. It would be a bonus if they did become full members sometime this year as the day I'm due to fly out is the first day of my new membership year.
I would be surprised not to see them join this year
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:02 pm

Planned join date is Oct 1, and to the surprise of many they seem as they're actually on course to make it. I have a booking in December so been keeping an eye on their progress.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by phol

Planned join date is Oct 1, and to the surprise of many they seem as they're actually on course to make it. I have a booking in December so been keeping an eye on their progress.
Ditto here. I've just booked a one-way CAI-DOH-LHR QR F itinerary for mid-October (at < GBP1k it was too good to resist), and have held off entering a FF # into the system until QR's OW joining date is confirmed.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Ditto here. I've just booked a one-way CAI-DOH-LHR QR F itinerary for mid-October (at < GBP1k it was too good to resist), and have held off entering a FF # into the system until QR's OW joining date is confirmed.
I wonder what impact they will have on the other OW members. At circa 2k in J to the Far East they represent one hell of a good deal, given their reputation. I can see AY and RJ suffering in particular.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:17 am
Lux

Qatar say they partner with BA from Monday, if not OW as a whole. Which is nice. Hope it's reciprocal.

Effective 2nd September 2013, Qatar Airways and British Airways will enter into a frequent flyer partnership. As a Privilege Club member, you will now have the opportunity to earn Qmiles on all qualifying British Airways flights.

Qmiles can be earned on all flights with a British Airways flight number and being operated by British Airways.
Redemptions from 01 October.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Lux
Qatar say they partner with BA from Monday, if not OW as a whole. Which is nice. Hope it's reciprocal.

Redemptions from 01 October.
Does it work the other way around, earn BA miles flying on Qatar?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:40 am

I can't find anything on BA, QR and OW's websites yet. I assume they'll release a press announcement quickly.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I just had an email from QR confirming you can earn BA miles on QR from 1/9/13 and you can redeem QMiles on BA from 1/10/13.

I'm currently holding off booking a RTW ticket as I want QR to join OW before I do. Currently the only option from the GCC region to BOM is to fly MH to KUL and then back to BOM, or CX to HKG and then back to BOM. I could fly RJ via AMM but the layover is about 15 hours; no thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.