Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:21 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by danger
Unfortunately, BA does not allow Australian-based flyers (among a few others) to register for their Executive Club and Avios.

I'd be grateful if somebody with access could do a quick search for award availability DOH-DAR in Economy and Business in either of their two daily flights on 8 and 9 July 2014.
The closest date with Award Availability is 11 Jul:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.0/Diamond - Awards/BA-OneWorld]
Code:
DOH  Doha Metro / Intl QA = DOH XOZ [OTBD]
DAR  Dar Es Salaam Intl TZ [HTDA]
FRI  11 Jul 2014

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive         St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
QR         1347    DOH   07:35     DAR   13:20              CS4  YS9
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:14 pm

QR regional J prices as F like AA domestic f which is super annoying e.g. auh-doh
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by yerffej201
QR regional J prices as F like AA domestic f which is super annoying e.g. auh-doh
That means it will work the other way, though. 60TPs per sector.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Must say I'm pretty impressed with QR availability at this point. Also good to see that BA have finally managed to change from the RJ logo alongside QR flights.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Must say I'm pretty impressed with QR availability at this point. Also good to see that BA have finally managed to change from the RJ logo alongside QR flights.
Absolutely. I have a couple of BA flights coming up that I've been trying to upgrade to F. Every time I check there's no availability, but plenty of options on QR via DOH.

I logged in today to look at changing to a QR option, but randomly availability has opened up on BA. What was interesting is that there has been zero availability for weeks and weeks in F on this flight, and suddenly one seat becomes available. I log in to choose my seat, and the whole F cabin is available

Flight is less than 4 weeks away.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Must say I'm pretty impressed with QR availability at this point.

I'm not. Does not seem as good as it was during the UA partership. Plus lately I have been redeeming with AA miles and EY seems to have much better availability
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by IceInTheCider
I'm on QR in December from LHR-SIN in restricted business class I bucket for the bargain fare of £2038. Fantastic saving over the BA fares for the same dates, but admittedly longer trips. However the 560 TPs sweeten the deal. I have checked other trips to the east that I will be taking next year and open jaw fares don't beat BA. Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.

Where did you see the TP? or is it that you calculated yourself? I am trying to see somewhere the TP's so I can try to profit from the sale now.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mgo72
Where did you see the TP? or is it that you calculated yourself? I am trying to see somewhere the TP's so I can try to profit from the sale now.
TPs haven't been published yet but the assumption is that business class fares for flights over 2000 miles will earn 140 TPs per sector.

If you book a flight now that departs after the 31/10 then you will get the appropriate tier points for the class you book - these should be announced within the next 10 days
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mgo72
BA is consistent in the number of TPs earned on partners' flights, if TPs are earned. If you look at the table in the sticky, that will show you how many TPs for partner flights of different lengths. That's why one can calculate in advance how many TPs will be earned, if they are earned at all.

The unknown at the moment (ie the reason for the "if") is whether there will be booking classes for cash fares that will not earn TPs at all. This can only be known after BA publishes the table for QR flights.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA is consistent in the number of TPs earned on partners' flights, if TPs are earned. If you look at the table in the sticky, that will show you how many TPs for partner flights of different lengths. That's why one can calculate in advance how many TPs will be earned, if they are earned at all.

The unknown at the moment (ie the reason for the "if") is whether there will be booking classes for cash fares that will not earn TPs at all. This can only be known after BA publishes the table for QR flights.
This is indeed the interesting unknown given the current 2-4-1 sale on Business Class flights they have on from certain locations...
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:56 am
Lux

Originally Posted by Lux
Ahem, the booking classes remain unchanged despite Qatar realigning their fare buckets. I really do hope BA's accepted fare classes will change by the time Qatar join OneWorld, otherwise there will be a lot of disappointed travellers. Including me.
Thank you BA - the collecting Avios with partners page now shows that I class has replaced Z class for 01-29 October. Phew.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:29 pm

I wonder if Avios is going to take YQ off tickets since QR is doing that if you redeem QR miles...
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I wonder if Avios is going to take YQ off tickets since QR is doing that if you redeem QR miles...
Ha ! Doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.