Search

Golden Ticket ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonAndy

Well, at least I've now got one - arrived in the post today. If I'm on an A380 to FRA on Thursday I may well give it to the pilot

You are supposed to be carefully giving them to people that have given really great service.

How does just happening to be lucky and senior enough to bid for a brand new aircraft, make this pilot better than any of our other great pilots.

I am sure many pilots have received Golden Tickets but hopefully for actually doing a really great job, not just because they are lucky enough to be on your Fankfurt flight?
What if he does a loop the loop?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Well of course that would be really special service. It would definately deserve a Golden Ticket
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
i find the whole thing absurd and actualy it will probably work against a good team ethos for crew. First, only those who do things visibly will get one- for me a good crew is one that often goes unnoticed. Related to this, it only rewards front line staff rather than those doing esetial back office tasks. Second, it is surely divisive amongst staff. Third, if BA really wanted to treat staff well and motivate them, they wouldn't have tore up their T&Cs a few years ago. Finally, if management think they're so great they should give recipients something meaningful.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Welldones are an excellent way of thanking a BA staff member they are sent to your manager and they then forward it to you. Job done.
Could not agree more.

Whilst the OH and I have received our Golden Tickets today, I am still not entirely sure that they are better than the online comments, except that the staff member gets the instant thanks rather than a surprise positive comment some weeks later.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:41 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
To be fair, the original does have a vaguely gold hue to it.....
Thats a bit like saying gingers are strawberry blondes

There's nothing gold about it. Maybe the powers that be thought if they made too good, some of the more creative types on here may try to pass it off as a real gold card...
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Thats a bit like saying gingers are strawberry blondes

There's nothing gold about it. Maybe the powers that be thought if they made too good, some of the more creative types on here may try to pass it off as a real gold card...
You need a real gold card to get these anyway.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I assume jaguarpig made a note of his Golden Ticket number and has used the same number each time?
Yep wife and I received 1 each, kept forgetting to put them in the travel wallet so added the numbers on the compliments form. They eventually did physically go to 2 lovely MF ladies on the upper deck after the horrors of an AA TP run.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
They are sending these out to Europe now. I just got one in France.

Reminds me of that South Park episode where Cartman sings "I've got a Golden Ticket..."
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
They should also issue brown tickets to hand out to the staff at the other end of the spectrum.

^^^^^^^^
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
How did you get more than one? I only got one when they were first issued and haven't had any more.
I have been BA Gold for a good couple of years and never received one or more than one to give out. Hhmmmm......

Now if there were brown tickets, I'd certainly be handing one of those to the person in charge of the goldem ticket program....

Allez

Sim
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I received one today, after reading this thread I guess I will just continue to use /welldone

Is the card applicable to flights operated by Comair?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Lobengula
There is a letter attached to the ticket, which says that it can be used on franchises and subsidiaries.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I received one today, after reading this thread I guess I will just continue to use /welldone

You should use it as there are lots of crew like me, that would love to be given one. Not everyone needs a reward, some people just enjoy receiving recognition for doing a good job. Although a 'Well 'Done' is also really lovely when received too.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EB Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You should use it as there are lots of crew like me, that would love to be given one. Not everyone needs a reward, some people just enjoy receiving recognition for doing a good job. Although a 'Well 'Done' is also really lovely when received too.
Don't suppose you were on the lhr-SVG route on Monday? Whoever it was serving CE had the most fantastic patience with one of the rudest passengers I've seen in a while who was trying to get a free upgrade.

No chance I could cope with people speaking to me like he did.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by yawa
Don't suppose you were on the lhr-SVG route on Monday? Whoever it was serving CE had the most fantastic patience with one of the rudest passengers I've seen in a while who was trying to get a free upgrade.

No chance I could cope with people speaking to me like he did.
No, not me but you are right ocationally we need a lot of patience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.