Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:21 am

I see C-W-S has given out rather a lot.

How do you get more than one? Is it a status thing? I've only received one so far.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
They should also issue brown tickets to hand out to the staff at the other end of the spectrum.
I would definitely support something like that - but of course it has to somehow get to their manager!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by tuff
How do I get hold of a golden ticket in the first place? Is it something I can ask for or is it something I will find neatly tucked between my Lily O'Briens Double Chocolate Chip Cookies?
As a GCH you should receive some in the post shortly. A batch was sent out to GCHs a few months ago (see previous thread below) and another batch are now being sent out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ent-basis.html
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: DL DM
Can I ask what type of service folk have received to give their ticket? I have had mine in my wallet for a while. I don't mean to sound mean, but the last 10 or so LH flights, I have basically slept from take off to 40 mins before landing. My last SH were 45 min flights and fine.

Maybe I am just being mean????
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: ECH Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Why is that cuspidor, a simple thank you is enough and has as much meaning?
A simple Thank you is great, I think the Golden Ticket goes a little bit further, and if this can be recognised by the staff members manager , it would go onto the individuals file.

It would be nice if BA were to give the recipients of the Golden Tickets some form of award. Maybe John Lewis vouchers , a bottle of champagne etc
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree some sort of gift would be great, why do you think it is useful to go on the individuals file.
Welcome by the way, I take it you are also BA crew?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: ECH Gold
I agree some sort of gift would be great, why do you think it is useful to go on the individuals file.
Welcome by the way, I take it you are also BA crew?
I think going on the file is good. I guess builds a picture of the crew member, I am not BA crew, however travel extensively and know a few people in the airline industry.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And what would building a picture of a crewmember lead too?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tooblue
That is mean-spirited. Shame on you, BA!
Yes that's mean.

I used to walk out of meetings if they over ran into my time and not the company's. Got pulled up only once when funnily enough the meeting was about time management....the plonker who was taking it arrived late.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
You can also input the golden ticket number on the online well done form.Glad to say I have submitted quite a few this year.^
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by jaguarpig
You can also input the golden ticket number on the online well done form.Glad to say I have submitted quite a few this year.^
How did you get more than one? I only got one when they were first issued and haven't had any more.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:50 am

And what would building a picture of a crewmember lead too?
Well, should you have a bad week and do something silly at work, you may well find a file of praise will offset whatever sillyness you did.

Certainly I'd be more inclined to give a slap on the wrist rather than a warning to someone who had a record of being a respected / hardworking / whatever other forms of goodness employee.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:54 am

Just wonder how does the ticket look like??
Something like this but a zillion times more fancy and printed on real gold
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's not how BA works I am sorry to say.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fife
Well, should you have a bad week and do something silly at work, you may well find a file of praise will offset whatever sillyness you did.

Certainly I'd be more inclined to give a slap on the wrist rather than a warning to someone who had a record of being a respected / hardworking / whatever other forms of goodness employee.
Thats probably where it will be of benefit, allowing your manager to build a picture of you as a crew member.

Unfortunately when it comes to promotion or new jobs within the Company, unless you are on a disciplinary, your Ops File cannot be taken into account, good or bad! Always been a bone of contention that someone with hundreds of Well Done, Golden Tickets etc gets treated exactly the same as someone with nothing on their file, but then we are an equal opportunities employer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.