FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Golden Ticket ... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1488329-golden-ticket.html)

IThink Jul 26, 2013 4:35 am

Golden Ticket ...

It seems that the trial from earlier is back or permanent, I just got a 'Golden Ticket' card to hand out to the next amazing customer experience I get on BA. Does anyone know what recognition the staff member gets for being given one? ;)

Can I help you Jul 26, 2013 4:40 am

They get the opportunity to make an appointment in their own time to see their manager so that they can be personally thanked; the ticket then goes on your file.

Tafflyer Jul 26, 2013 4:45 am

CIHY, you don't make that out to be as rewarding as BAEC would lead us GCH's to believe.

Can I help you Jul 26, 2013 4:46 am

What do they say, what I say is the reality of what we actually get?

tooblue Jul 26, 2013 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 21160698)
They get the opportunity to make an appointment in their own time to see their manager so that they can be personally thanked; the ticket then goes on your file.

That is mean-spirited. Shame on you, BA!

Tafflyer Jul 26, 2013 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 21160714)
What do they say, what I say is the reality of what we actually get?

What they say to us is "Recognising Outstanding Service". If and when I give somebody my Golden Ticket, I would be peeved if they thought it would be putting them out. I would rather give it as a sign of appreciation.

economyman Jul 26, 2013 5:03 am

Because of what CIHY says I still have it in my wallet and whilst I have been tempted to give it to an excellent crew member here and there, I have refrained from doing so.

Seems like a rather bad implementation.

sammyh25 Jul 26, 2013 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 21160698)

It's true CIHY is telling no lies...

stewaran Jul 26, 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 21160722)
That is mean-spirited. Shame on you, BA!

Surely working hours are mostly on a plane at 35000 ft!.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if the managers took staff away from service on the plane for a well done chat!:D:D:D

corporate-wage-slave Jul 26, 2013 5:09 am

I have to say that the Golden Tickets I've handed out have been extremely well received indeed. So far: 2 to MF, 1 EF, 1 Gatwick crew, 1 WW, 1 lounge staff. I have to say the reception (whilst always very good) is nevetheless in inverse proportion to my estimation of their salary.

Can I help you Jul 26, 2013 5:17 am

Now if I were MF crew or an IBM (my manager) the golden ticket would be used to calculate my performance related pay.

antichef Jul 26, 2013 5:20 am

Irrespective of how it is received, I suspect it is like a "well done" in reality.

A "well done" is a sign to the chain of command that the individual has pleased a customer such that they can be bothered to find out how to compliment a staff member, and then gone ahead and done it. I suspect that for a "normal" customer (as opposed to the average FT BAEC contributor who would be fairly knowledgable) that is probably fairly rare. For management it is a good indicator. If the staff member gets a few from different flights you can probably take it that they do things right, and useful knowledge can flow from it in a well run organisation ;)

A "Golden Ticket" is a well done ++ IMHO. It tells the management that a high value customer, who by definition as a GCH is a regular air traveller, recognises the service provided as being above and beyond what they normally experience and seeks to indicate it directly. Definitely something that a good line manager would welcome as positive feedback about any member of their staff, and indicative of the staff member's standards.

I reckon that a good manager would want to find out if the crew member could identify what it was that they did - as with a "well done" you can say so directly to the chain of command and they know before the staff recipient, but with a Golden Ticket it seems to be between the staff member and the GCH ;);) :D

As CIHY indicates, not all managers manage as well as we would like, or possibly realise the positive value that can be mined from compliments and complaints - they both come from customers who can be bothered to let you know. They are very valuable market tools.

Can I help you Jul 26, 2013 5:33 am

I think it's nice to received them (I have had 3) but that's as far as it goes.
My manager is not aware that I had them as there is no point in telling them other then them not using my golden tickets to go towards their bonus.

mclachlan4321 Jul 26, 2013 5:34 am

They should also issue brown tickets to hand out to the staff at the other end of the spectrum.

Can I help you Jul 26, 2013 5:36 am

What a great idea. :D