Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by sammyh25
Unfortunately when it comes to promotion or new jobs within the Company, unless you are on a disciplinary, your Ops File cannot be taken into account, good or bad!
Just wow.

That does actually explain some things...

A lot of successful companies actually go right to the other extreme - I think it was Progressive where in order to get your bonus you have to have a threshold level of customer advocacy and only people with above average customer satisfaction records get promoted.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sammyh25
Thats probably where it will be of benefit, allowing your manager to build a picture of you as a crew member.

Unfortunately when it comes to promotion or new jobs within the Company, unless you are on a disciplinary, your Ops File cannot be taken into account, good or bad! Always been a bone of contention that someone with hundreds of Well Done, Golden Tickets etc gets treated exactly the same as someone with nothing on their file, but then we are an equal opportunities employer.
I can understand the reasons for that, given BA's rather difficult workforce relations, with trade unions still heavily involved. But is it not the case that if there was an interview for the promotion or new job (which is typically the case?) then you would be at liberty to bang your own drum with every golden ticket you ever had? Plus the manager's reference may be influential?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can understand the reasons for that, given BA's rather difficult workforce relations, with trade unions still heavily involved. But is it not the case that if there was an interview for the promotion or new job (which is typically the case?) then you would be at liberty to bang your own drum with every golden ticket you ever had? Plus the manager's reference may be influential?
No. Your Ops File might enable your manager to allow you to go for promotion, not that there is any, but at interview it's a totally different ball game. Typically you would "blow your own trumpet" prior to interview, at the written assessment stage, and if successful you go to formal interviews.

BA Crew interviews are very structured and are scored against responses to specific questions. If you know the answer and say the right words you get the job! Its almost impossible for someone who doesn't hit target during the interview but has a wonderful Ops File, to get through the process. Conversely it can be extremely difficult for interviewers to "fail" someone who has given the right answers but their gut feeling is they are not right for the role.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Firstly sorry for starting a new thread when I now see there was one from Feb here - apologies, I did look honest.
Sammy, your input is really interesting, out of interest does MF have a different promotion regime?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IThink
Firstly sorry for starting a new thread when I now see there was one from Feb here - apologies, I did look honest.
Sammy, your input is really interesting, out of interest does MF have a different promotion regime?
I would imagine that any interviews will follow the same guidelines but the Future Talent to CSM process is very much about continuous assessment and I assume about reaching certain goals before becoming CSM.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
MF has a completely different structure and I believe Golden tickets would be taken into account for promotion and performance related pay.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Sounds like the benefit of this scheme depends on the fleet your in.

I think it's fine if CIHY throws his in the bin, because you're saying thanks to him and therefore if he believes handing it in is more hassle than it's worth then why should he hand it in?

It's a way of showing thanks and I'm sure all crew appreciate the gesture.

The golden ticket seems to be more useful to mixed fleet and as a lot of the routes I fly happen to be MF then I'm sure I'll find a good use for any that I get.

As a customer though I shouldn't really have to think about whether my ticket is going to benefit someone. All fleets should be treated equal under this scheme, so perhaps rather than linking it to performance related pay which doesn't apply to everybody they should maybe get a gift or something.

Presumably I'll be getting at least one golden ticket this time around. When the last batch had been sent out I was both in the process of moving (and forgot to change my address with BA for a few weeks) and had only been gold a few months, so I might not have been sent some or they went to my old address.

CIHY: I don't think you've said any issues with /welldones and I send my fair share of those out. If I were to put a golden ticket number in a welldone for WW/EF crew would you have to go through the extra hassles that handing one to you personally would get you?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welldones are an excellent way of thanking a BA staff member they are sent to your manager and they then forward it to you. Job done.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
You can also input the golden ticket number on the online well done form.Glad to say I have submitted quite a few this year.^
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
How did you get more than one? I only got one when they were first issued and haven't had any more.
I assume jaguarpig made a note of his Golden Ticket number and has used the same number each time?

CIHY Do you know if that would work?

The one thing that has me worried about giving my Golden Ticket away (not a euphanism ) is that on the next flight I might get a more deserving person than the one I gave it to.

Does BA realise the pressure it is putting on me, should I, shouldn't I, should I etc
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by layz
Sounds like the benefit of this scheme depends on the fleet your in.

I think it's fine if CIHY throws his in the bin, because you're saying thanks to him and therefore if he believes handing it in is more hassle than it's worth then why should he hand it in?

It's a way of showing thanks and I'm sure all crew appreciate the gesture.

The golden ticket seems to be more useful to mixed fleet and as a lot of the routes I fly happen to be MF then I'm sure I'll find a good use for any that I get.

As a customer though I shouldn't really have to think about whether my ticket is going to benefit someone. All fleets should be treated equal under this scheme, so perhaps rather than linking it to performance related pay which doesn't apply to everybody they should maybe get a gift or something.

Presumably I'll be getting at least one golden ticket this time around. When the last batch had been sent out I was both in the process of moving (and forgot to change my address with BA for a few weeks) and had only been gold a few months, so I might not have been sent some or they went to my old address.

CIHY: I don't think you've said any issues with /welldones and I send my fair share of those out. If I were to put a golden ticket number in a welldone for WW/EF crew would you have to go through the extra hassles that handing one to you personally would get you?
Just to clarify one or two points. Our performance related pay on Mixed Fleet is not about Golden Tickets or customer related feedback, but instead is based on inflight assessments and attendance. There is no financial incentive to MF crew if we receive a Golden Ticket, although they are greatly received.

In terms of promotion on Mixed Fleet, to attain FTCSM now you have to be nominated to apply by your manager and this is after completing so many sectors under supervision of an actual FTCSM and having completed certain eLearning. Your manager's decision to put you forward would be greatly influenced by your performance and feedback from colleagues and customers alike.

When you receive a Golden Ticket, like on the other Fleets you must go into the office at a mutually agreed time and see your owning line manager who will congratulate you and put the details onto your permanent file. I would personally rather receive a /thankyou because we get a personalised email from CR referencing the customer's original letter and a note on your file without having to come into the office. They're very cute though and well intentioned but would much prefer targeted feedback, especially knowing the customer has taken the time to email in. It's a real buzz.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Does BA realise the pressure it is putting on me, should I, shouldn't I, should I etc
That's worth at least 50k Avios.

EDIT: this reminds me of the bmi gold upgrade vouchers. As I mostly used bmi short haul the vouchers would go unused until nearer expiry, then you'd use them to get a free bento box just to avoid them going entirely to waste.

Last edited by layz; Jul 26, 2013 at 10:01 am
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lite
When you receive a Golden Ticket, like on the other Fleets you must go into the office at a mutually agreed time and see your owning line manager who will congratulate you and put the details onto your permanent file. I would personally rather receive a /thankyou because we get a personalised email from CR referencing the customer's original letter and a note on your file without having to come into the office. They're very cute though and well intentioned but would much prefer targeted feedback, especially knowing the customer has taken the time to email in. It's a real buzz.
So it sounds like it's not a particularly brilliant scheme for anyone, at least everyone is in agreement that well done messages are worthwhile.

There's probably been some on here who've received well done messages from me. I think I've sent around 10 this year.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:05 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Lite
They're very cute though and well intentioned but would much prefer targeted feedback, especially knowing the customer has taken the time to email in. It's a real buzz.
That's really good to know Lite, I shall make more use of well dones for exceptional service via this channel from now. I did hang onto to my golden ticket for a while, same as the other poster, when I couldn't decide who was the worthy candidate.

Have to admit, the lady who I gave it to didn't know what it was, (or said she didn't ) but thanked me anyway. She was though service personified.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I friend of mine has just started working in the cabin after working the First galley position for many years, she has a fantastic personality and is brilliant with people.
This month alone she has received three, well I say three, the last one the gentleman wants to give it to her personally over dinner.
I bet that’s when his wife isn’t around.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:09 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have to say that the Golden Tickets I've handed out have been extremely well received indeed. So far: 2 to MF, 1 EF, 1 Gatwick crew, 1 WW, 1 lounge staff. I have to say the reception (whilst always very good) is nevetheless in inverse proportion to my estimation of their salary.
How on earth did you get 6 to use? Mug the postman?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.