Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You should use it as there are lots of crew like me, that would love to be given one. Not everyone needs a reward, some people just enjoy receiving recognition for doing a good job. Although a 'Well 'Done' is also really lovely when received too.
I will probably give it away and have it as an excuse to chat with the crew

I don't know, the concept feels a bit patronising towards the crew. More like "here you go, a little gold star, give us a smile now" . If this Golden Ticket would have some real cash value to the crew member that would change my mind. Maybe a bottle of champagne or a nice box of chocolate.

I like the /welldone where I can explain the reason for the "well done". And of course, you should always tell the crew when you had a great flight
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
One ticket was delivered by post this morning. I still do not know how it works. Is this like an SPG Thank You certificate?

The Golden Ticket gives off a bit unpleasant chemical smell...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
anyone received one lately ? Just turned gold again and wondered if I should expect one to follow or request one
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
It's not clear to me whether it's being continued or not. I've asked Frank VdP twice at GGL events recently and didn't come away any the wiser - so I assume it's being discussed internally! There was a "Golden Ticket" event a couple of months ago where some of the winners were congratulated and I think that marked the formal end of the pilot phase.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I do hope it is going to be scrapped as it is an ill thought out pointless exercise.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I do hope it is going to be scrapped as it is an ill thought out pointless exercise.
Someone didn't get any tickets...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Four actually, thanked the customer who I am sure thought they were giving me something special and then through them in the bin in disgust.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:09 am

While I do agree that it doesn't serve any huge purpose as it is, I do think it shold be kept, but enhanced. Even a £10 M&S voucher would be sufficient, just a little something to say well done.

I know I really appreciated it when I got my 4, and so I don't believe it is completely pointless. All of them were not for the day to day, but for handling things well when things went wrong.

Keep giving them out if you have them, I certainly know we appreciate them on my flights.

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You should use it as there are lots of crew like me, that would love to be given one. Not everyone needs a reward, some people just enjoy receiving recognition for doing a good job. Although a 'Well 'Done' is also really lovely when received too.
Four actually, thanked the customer who I am sure thought they were giving me something special and then through them in the bin in disgust.
Always interesting to see different opinions of course.

CIHY, I take it you are against it because of the specific implementation (I remember your earlier comment about having to attend meetings outside of paid time) and not against the general idea of recognising outstanding service? Or am I wrong?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have absolutely no problem with being recognised by the customer for giving great service and I would encourage anyone to use the Well Done on ba.com.
The problem I think with the Golden Tickets is that the customer believes that they are giving us something special and that we get some sort of recognition, the only recognition we get is our manager thanking us, but we have to do this in our own time.
I don't want money or a gift, I want the tools to make my job easier and to be able to give a service that I can be proud of and the customer is happy with.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
It's not clear to me whether it's being continued or not. I've asked Frank VdP twice at GGL events recently and didn't come away any the wiser - so I assume it's being discussed internally! There was a "Golden Ticket" event a couple of months ago where some of the winners were congratulated and I think that marked the formal end of the pilot phase.
thanks ! I thought it was a good idea. Everyone likes to be appreciated - its a key motivator.
anyway, it looks like its gone forever!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Nov 26, 2013 at 9:46 am Reason: dash -
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:54 am

I have absolutely no problem with being recognised by the customer for giving great service and I would encourage anyone to use the Well Done on ba.com.
The problem I think with the Golden Tickets is that the customer believes that they are giving us something special and that we get some sort of recognition, the only recognition we get is our manager thanking us, but we have to do this in our own time.
I don't want money or a gift, I want the tools to make my job easier and to be able to give a service that I can be proud of and the customer is happy with.
Ok, so that's a 'yes' then. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well said.

All seems a bit too cheesy for my liking. It reminds me of the Gold stars handed out by my primary school teacher every Friday to those who had good performance that week. I never ever did get one of them.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Well said.

All seems a bit too cheesy for my liking. It reminds me of the Gold stars handed out by my primary school teacher every Friday to those who had good performance that week. I never ever did get one of them.
I think the point CIHY is making is that - unlike having them handed out on a Friday during school time - they have to come in outside of 'school time' to receive them. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with that but I can appreciate there are those - including CIHY and no doubt others - who do.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Gave out my Golden Ticket last night to Steve, our Purser on the LHR AMS flight last night. Steve made the flight a real pleasure and we had more attention from his crew on our short flight than we have previously received on TATL flights! He was very pleased and the chap in 1D said he wished he had one to give out.

We got talking and 1D is a lurker here but a very regular flier with about 96K life time points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.