Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Golden Ticket ...

It seems that the trial from earlier is back or permanent, I just got a 'Golden Ticket' card to hand out to the next amazing customer experience I get on BA. Does anyone know what recognition the staff member gets for being given one?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They get the opportunity to make an appointment in their own time to see their manager so that they can be personally thanked; the ticket then goes on your file.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
CIHY, you don't make that out to be as rewarding as BAEC would lead us GCH's to believe.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do they say, what I say is the reality of what we actually get?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
They get the opportunity to make an appointment in their own time to see their manager so that they can be personally thanked; the ticket then goes on your file.
That is mean-spirited. Shame on you, BA!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
What do they say, what I say is the reality of what we actually get?
What they say to us is "Recognising Outstanding Service". If and when I give somebody my Golden Ticket, I would be peeved if they thought it would be putting them out. I would rather give it as a sign of appreciation.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Because of what CIHY says I still have it in my wallet and whilst I have been tempted to give it to an excellent crew member here and there, I have refrained from doing so.

Seems like a rather bad implementation.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
It's true CIHY is telling no lies...
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by tooblue
That is mean-spirited. Shame on you, BA!
Surely working hours are mostly on a plane at 35000 ft!.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if the managers took staff away from service on the plane for a well done chat!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have to say that the Golden Tickets I've handed out have been extremely well received indeed. So far: 2 to MF, 1 EF, 1 Gatwick crew, 1 WW, 1 lounge staff. I have to say the reception (whilst always very good) is nevetheless in inverse proportion to my estimation of their salary.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now if I were MF crew or an IBM (my manager) the golden ticket would be used to calculate my performance related pay.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Irrespective of how it is received, I suspect it is like a "well done" in reality.

A "well done" is a sign to the chain of command that the individual has pleased a customer such that they can be bothered to find out how to compliment a staff member, and then gone ahead and done it. I suspect that for a "normal" customer (as opposed to the average FT BAEC contributor who would be fairly knowledgable) that is probably fairly rare. For management it is a good indicator. If the staff member gets a few from different flights you can probably take it that they do things right, and useful knowledge can flow from it in a well run organisation

A "Golden Ticket" is a well done ++ IMHO. It tells the management that a high value customer, who by definition as a GCH is a regular air traveller, recognises the service provided as being above and beyond what they normally experience and seeks to indicate it directly. Definitely something that a good line manager would welcome as positive feedback about any member of their staff, and indicative of the staff member's standards.

I reckon that a good manager would want to find out if the crew member could identify what it was that they did - as with a "well done" you can say so directly to the chain of command and they know before the staff recipient, but with a Golden Ticket it seems to be between the staff member and the GCH

As CIHY indicates, not all managers manage as well as we would like, or possibly realise the positive value that can be mined from compliments and complaints - they both come from customers who can be bothered to let you know. They are very valuable market tools.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's nice to received them (I have had 3) but that's as far as it goes.
My manager is not aware that I had them as there is no point in telling them other then them not using my golden tickets to go towards their bonus.

Last edited by Can I help you; Jul 26, 2013 at 6:17 am
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
They should also issue brown tickets to hand out to the staff at the other end of the spectrum.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a great idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.