Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
They should also issue brown tickets to hand out to the staff at the other end of the spectrum.
Surely that would be pointless. They would never be handed in.

They would be put with the other brown stuff, moments before hitting the "flush" button
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think it's nice to received them (I have had 3) but that's as far as it goes.
My manager is not aware that I had them as there is no point in telling them other then them not using my goldern tickets to go towards their bonus.
Really? You deliberately disregard instructions from your employer (i.e. put this card in to the internal mail, rather than the bin) and as a result your manager misses out on a cash bonus?

I think you're pulling our legs, or else you are rather brave for publishing such a thing!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have to make an appointment to see our manager I have just not had the time.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've noticed that CIHY's sharper comments at times get strong reactions from people. It strikes me that BA has a rather unusual (and not particularly helpful) environment when it comes to fleet vs. crew relations so that comments which in the BA context aren't particularly surprising would be signs of gross disobedience in some other companies. I'm working with one which has some similarities with BA at the moment, so it's quite familiar...
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:23 am

Indeed, sabotage and resistance are no doubt expected - but I can only advise people that publicly posting about such a thing is not a great idea.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that some people do not like my honesty while others find it refreshing.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 710 77345
Indeed, sabotage and resistance are no doubt expected - but I can only advise people that publicly posting about such a thing is not a great idea.
We have to make an appointment in our own time to see our manager, all I have said is that I haven't yet found the time.
I know many others who are in the same position.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
How do I get hold of a golden ticket in the first place? Is it something I can ask for or is it something I will find neatly tucked between my Lily O'Briens Double Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by stewaran
Surely working hours are mostly on a plane at 35000 ft!.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if the managers took staff away from service on the plane for a well done chat!
Most (if not all) large employers have 'briefing sessions' (even briefing days); where the latest policies, etc. are cascaded down from management. Staff are detached from normal duties. That seems to be an ideal opportunity to recognise an employee's above-average performance; whether privately or by announcement to all present. I consider it mean-spirited to recognise good performance by inconveniencing those who perform well. I repeat: Shame on you, BA!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think that some people do not like my honesty while others find it refreshing.
Personally, I find all sorts welcome !!

I am surprised that what is packaged as an endearing and positive idea to regular customers is not necessarily percieved that way by the very people it is supposed to show appreciation to. I thank CIHY for that.

In future, before handing over a Golden Ticket, I will ask the intended recipient if they would actually like to receive it. If a bonus is involved then rather the person who earned it than a faceless accountant.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by tuff
How do I get hold of a golden ticket in the first place? Is it something I can ask for or is it something I will find neatly tucked between my Lily O'Briens Double Chocolate Chip Cookies?
It will arrive by mail: complete with greasy-looking markings from where it has been attached to the accompanying letter.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: ECH Gold
I think it is a great motivational tool to the individual that receives a golden ticket.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why is that cuspidor, a simple thank you is enough and has as much meaning?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
If you go into a BA lounge and find the jar of cookies, just put your hand in and have a good rummage around and you might get lucky and find one!

Originally Posted by tuff
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by eejp1007
If you go into a BA lounge and find the jar of cookies, just put your hand in and have a good rummage around and you might get lucky and find one!
Only in the F lounge though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.