Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BigLar
Any clues?
Do you have a Household Account?

I think that no Household Account means no Family and Friends list (because, I believe, there would be no point).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:46 pm

<snip> removing poor info
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never mind. I found it.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by xcalx
Thanks.

When you say activity is not transferred.
Does this mean that a BAEC member who has had activity on his individual account during the previous 12 months has to then upon forming a HHA have some form of activity prior to being able to book reward Saver Flights.
No, the individual accounts stay same as they were before forming the HHA, just you get access to the collective ballance.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:32 pm

how does one actually book an award from the household account?

I logged into the the household account and attempt to made a award booking, but as the primary account does not have sufficient miles, I thought it would automatically use other accounts in the family to make up for the differences?

the awards required is 150K miles, the head of household account has 135K mile, and the second family member has 51K miles

is there a special link on ba.com?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by corrad

I logged into the the household account and attempt to made a award booking, but as the primary account does not have sufficient miles, I thought it would automatically use other accounts in the family to make up for the differences?

the awards required is 150K miles, the head of household account has 135K mile, and the second family member has 51K miles

turns out that it takes a couple hours for the household account to become active and allow award booking
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
turns out that it takes a couple hours for the household account to become active and allow award booking

If I've understood correctly, Avios will be taken pro-rata from each individual account to pay for flights.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

Once the HHA is setup, the system will automatically deduct miles prorata from all members. You use the usual booking engine.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Long time lurker of this forum.. Would love some guidance re Chase 2 for 1 and the Household account. Here's the situation.

Mom will be travelling with my 10 y.o. son return JFK-LHR-PSA (I will not be travelling).

Currently have a 2 for 1 in my account courtesy of the Chase BA visa. If I add both mom and son to my household account, can it be used for the two of them to travel (without me)? Or is this wishful thinking?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by raiz
Long time lurker of this forum.. Would love some guidance re Chase 2 for 1 and the Household account. Here's the situation.

Mom will be travelling with my 10 y.o. son return JFK-LHR-PSA (I will not be travelling).

Currently have a 2 for 1 in my account courtesy of the Chase BA visa. If I add both mom and son to my household account, can it be used for the two of them to travel (without me)? Or is this wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking. If it is your 241 then you have to travel.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Right.. As it should be.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Since the rule says miles of household member under 18 yo cannot be redeemed, and miles will be transferred to the household account owner if the child is removed, does that mean to use those miles early, I have to remove the child ahead of time to get the miles, then wait 6 months to add the child back in order to use those miles to book tickets for a family trip? Or will the miles go back to the child and freeze again?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:49 pm

They are not frozen, you use a proportion of the miles every time you redeem, no need to wait until the child becomes 18. Or just transfer your miles to Avios.com, leaving enough in the household for a redemption, redeem and when you bring them back from from avios.com you'll have everybody else's miles decrease, except yours. Can get everybody to 0.
What you propose would work too, but I guess after you recreate children's accounts they start from 0, as they'll be different from the original. You'll lose their lifetime TPs this way.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by neuromancer
They are not frozen, you use a proportion of the miles every time you redeem, no need to wait until the child becomes 18. Or just transfer your miles to Avios.com, leaving enough in the household for a redemption, redeem and when you bring them back from from avios.com you'll have everybody else's miles decrease, except yours. Can get everybody to 0.
What you propose would work too, but I guess after you recreate children's accounts they start from 0, as they'll be different from the original. You'll lose their lifetime TPs this way.
Thanks. I guess I was confused by the statement "Executive Club Members must be 18 years or older before they can spend their Avios". I thought that means their miles will remain intact and excluded from the proportional redemption. If I'm misinterpreting it, that's much easier.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:26 am

No, it means under-18s cannot redeem, when they are logged-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.