Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cannot select my name on my Companion voucher booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Same issue for me.

I am in household account with 7 people. I cannot select myself. My dad (head of household) is automatically selected and cannot be deselected.

I originally so the issue several weeks ago on my iPad but thought nothing of it as iPad has issues with several websites but the other day, it was also screwed up on my laptop and I called BA, they could not figure it out and sent t onwards to the IT department. I was told to make bookings over the phone and the delicate question of offline fees was answered by the agent stating that fees would not be charged and that the person making the booking can see my profile and the fact I cannot select myself.

This is only the issue when I select the Amex 241 voucher.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
This happens if you are Head of Household and the voucher is in the name of someone else in the household. Even if you, as Head, is the companion, you can no longer book these online. It can only be done on the phone. Not a glitch but a policy.
If you have a household account you can only do a 2-4-1 online where the Head of the Household is the Holder of the voucher.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:37 am
uk1
Suspended

Just checking my experience is the same as other as firstly .... I didn't believe it. It just seems too barmy to be true. So I tried. My wife has a two day old voucher ^

It won't allow her to book any redemptions on line which includes me. It keeps unchecking people and then tells her at least two people must travel .... but wont allow her to select two people including me. But then it won't allow her to travel either with or without me.

In detail, if I (she) unselects the voucher it clears all names. So she can make a booking for whoever she likes within the family without using the voucher. When using the voucher it cannot include the head account - me. It then gives a message saying two people must travel but has then greyed out both her name and my name so at this second attempt neither of us can be selected. At this stage you can then select anyone else other than head account holder and the owner of the voucher. So at this stage the owner - my wife - can only give the voucher away and not use it for travel for themselves with anyone else or for the head account holder.

Is this exactly what others are getting?

Last edited by uk1; Mar 4, 2013 at 5:57 am
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Very well described, exactly the same issue
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:51 am
uk1
Suspended

Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:05 am

Me too!

Hi

At least I see this is a generic problem!

I am in Indonesia at the moment, but it is impossible to redeem the Companion ticket online. I have contacted BA at least 10 times about this as it is now a month and an ongoing problem on both my Ipad and Mac.

BA just tell me to call London, which is simply impractical and expensive especially as there is very little availablity on the flights I want.

I'm going to send a note to Amex. I doubt it will do any good but I can but try.

If anyone has any luck with BA please PM me.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue

This has not been my experience. Mrs. QWEST recently earned her first 2-4-1. I am the head of household account. Only 2 of us in the household. She logged on and was able to use 2-4-1 with no problem. She was ticked already and I appeared below her name when making the booking.

All seemed as it should be.

As for calling from Indonesia back to London - get a Skype account and put some credit on it and the cost for calls back to the UK will be pennies.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:59 am

Ba.com still not working

I'm delighted Ba.com worked for you on redeeming the 241 voucher. Were you using a PC or Mac? I'm using a Mac so maybe it's that? (yes I have tried Safari, Firefox and Opera).

It's still not working for me and as I mentioned BA have admitted there is a problem so this is not in question. (I assume it's still not working for all the other people complaining in this thread).

Yes I have Skype credit and that's how I have contacted BA countless times. Although calls are relatively cheap on average the hold time is 20 minutes and sometimes 30 minutes and then you find no flights are available!

I am pleased to say I have now contacted Amex who seem to be taking the problem seriously and are contacting the relevant department in BA.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Stephen Kirk
Although calls are relatively cheap on average the hold time is 20 minutes and sometimes 30 minutes and then you find no flights are available!
Given how infrequently seats are available, I'd suggest that you save the time by checking online first for redemption availability and only try calling if you find some. I think that could save you a lot of time and a little money...
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:16 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by qwest01
This has not been my experience. Mrs. QWEST recently earned her first 2-4-1. I am the head of household account. Only 2 of us in the household. She logged on and was able to use 2-4-1 with no problem. She was ticked already and I appeared below her name when making the booking.

All seemed as it should be.

As for calling from Indonesia back to London - get a Skype account and put some credit on it and the cost for calls back to the UK will be pennies.
I wonder whether it works for you because you only have two family members and not for others who have more than two. My wife still cannot use her voucher for herself or for both of us.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:33 pm

Contact Amex!

Hi - I am head of household with 2 family members. It doesn't work for me.

However I just contacted Amex sending a secure online message and got a very encouraging response. They said they would take it up with BA.

If you are having problems with redeeming yur companion ticket please message Amex. between we can sort this.

Good Luck!!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:37 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stephen Kirk
Hi - I am head of household with 2 family members. It doesn't work for me.

However I just contacted Amex sending a secure online message and got a very encouraging response. They said they would take it up with BA.

If you are having problems with redeeming yur companion ticket please message Amex. between we can sort this.

Good Luck!!
Great ides. I've messaged them. Hopefully they will get BA to sort this. It's challenging enough trying to redeem without added obstacles.

Hopefully others will do so as well.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Has anyone had any luck with resolving this issue through Amex or BA?

Having exactly the same issue as mentioned through this thread; I am head of the household account and Mrs heggers03 cannot select me using 241 voucher!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by heggers03
Has anyone had any luck with resolving this issue through Amex or BA?

Having exactly the same issue as mentioned through this thread; I am head of the household account and Mrs heggers03 cannot select me using 241 voucher!
Others have been able to book by calling.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...le-online.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...mpanion+select
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...mpanion+select
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
It's still broken. 1 Amex PP+ already cancelled from our HH account over the wider implications of this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.