Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cannot select my name on my Companion voucher booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot select my name on my Companion voucher booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:26 pm
uk1
Suspended

The problem is that it is really important to place pressure on BA to fix this because many will lose out if they are forced to wait for offices to open ......

It's nothing to do with Amex - they just fob people off and say they will inform BA ......

Complain to BA.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:51 am

Agreed, we have just missed out on our dream tickets because of this glitch as the exec club lines are closed after 8pm so couldn't book by phone and the reward flights were gone again this morning! To make it worse of course I can't talk to anyone in Customer relations as it's the weekend so can't even get to someone senior to complain until tomorrow.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:24 am
uk1
Suspended

Write to the CEO. He welcomes feedback from customers.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:34 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Dear all

I have raised this as a fault - would any of you mind sending me your EC number via pm so we can use a live example of this?

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:59 am
uk1
Suspended

...... thanks for your interest in this. PM sent.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:36 am

Dear all

Thank you for sending me your examples of where this is not working for you. This issue is due to be fixed by tomorrow but I will keep you posted if this was successful.

Thank you all for your input and patience while we reviewed this and if you do have an urgent booking you need to make please do call your local service centre

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:25 am

Hi all

Just an update on this - we need to delay this fix until tomorrow

Apologies again for any inconvenience

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:49 pm

Has this been fixed yet?

I seem to be still getting this error preventing me from using my 2-4-1 online.

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:57 am
uk1
Suspended

Just bumping your note ....

Still seems not to be fixed. My wife is still unable to redeem online and travel on her own 241. She is still the only one greyed out within the family.

Anyone else?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:34 am

Programs: Various
Can I check what the actual policy is on companion vouchers and family accounts?

I have a companion voucher in my sole account currently, if I were to join my families household account would it mean that anyone in the HH account could use the voucher? Would I (as the person that earned the voucher) need to be one of the two passengers flying?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by RichardMannion
I have a companion voucher in my sole account currently, if I were to join my families household account would it mean that anyone in the HH account could use the voucher? Would I (as the person that earned the voucher) need to be one of the two passengers flying?
I think that there's little if any connection between the two.

If you have an Amex 2-4-1 from the free card, the T&C are that you have to be one of the two passengers flying whenever you use a voucher.

If you have a Premium Plus Amex card, and if you have two 2-4-1 vouchers at the same time, the T&C allow you to use them together for yourself plus three others to travel. You pay Avios for two, and TFC for four.

None of that is changed by the fact that you're in a HHA.

In addition, IIRC if you're using a 2-4-1, the other passenger(s) do not need to be members of your HHA even if you are in one - but others will be able to confirm or refute this.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser

In addition, IIRC if you're using a 2-4-1, the other passenger(s) do not need to be members of your HHA even if you are in one - but others will be able to confirm or refute this.
Correct.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:32 pm

If you are using the UK-based Amex Companion Voucher, the Terms & Conditions state that you can only take a member of your Household Account. See:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...c/public/en_gb

But if you are using the US-based Chase Visa Travel Together Ticket, the Terms & Condtions state that you are not limited to members of your HHA. See:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_us
Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
If you are using the UK-based Amex Companion Voucher, the Terms & Conditions state that you can only take a member of your Household Account. See:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...c/public/en_gb
Thanks for pointing that out. Historically, Pt 20 of the restrictions hasn't been enforced offline.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
So - this is hugely frustrating. A few people have misunderstood OP's problem reading through this but we've been having the exact same problem. I'm the Head of the HHA & have no issues. My wife has her own companion voucher & when she logs into her BA account she can select any of the others in the HHA to travel - but not herself! Obviously a glitch - instead of mandating she travels on her companion voucher as one of the pax, the website is preventing her. Very odd.

Anyway.....after spending time on the phone to a BA agent with no brain....i've found a workaround.

1. Log in to your Exec account & get to the spend miles page which allows you to select the companion voucher (the annoying page that's causing the problem)
2. Click the radio button next to the voucher you want to use to select it
3. Click 'Get Flights' at the bottom of the page (do not select any dates or destination.)
4. Wait for the error message (Please check that you have entered all the required information. The following fields are not complete: From, To, Depart, Return)
5. That's it - you should now be able to select yourself.

Strange but it has worked repeatedly for me using Google Chrome. Hopefully works for you.
Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.