FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Cannot select my name on my Companion voucher booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1441641-cannot-select-my-name-my-companion-voucher-booking.html)

Amarillo Feb 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Cannot select my name on my Companion voucher booking

Looking for some help/advice please.

I have a companion voucher which expires April 2014, however, when I try to do a dummy booking I cannot select myself, my adult daughters name is greyed out with a tick and mine is greyed out and I cannot do anything with it.

This booking i am pricing needs to be for myself and my significant other half!

I contacted BA exec club and the young an could not help, he just suggested I tried again. I have been trying on and off, this has only occurred since the new layout, it worked fine before does this mean I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place when I come to book? I guess I will have to do it offline and face a charge being just a Blue?

Thanks in anticipation

nux Feb 23, 2013 2:20 pm

I assume you have a Household Account? Is your s/o in it?

Amarillo Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by nux (Post 20304209)
I assume you have a Household Account? Is your s/o in it?

Yes he is.

RedVee Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Thats very odd. On mine I am ticked and greyd out as it is my voucher (and I'm also the head of the household account). My adult daughter and my best friend who lives with me temporarily ;) are not greyed out, but the second tick defaults to my friend. I can just unselect this though.

Have you tried logging in as your daughter?

uk1 Feb 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Checking! You are signed in and you earned the voucher?

uk1 Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Checking#2: You are doing a dummy booking where you are certain that 2 rather than 1 redemption seat is available?

Steve in Olympia Feb 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Amarillo (Post 20304180)
I have a companion voucher which expires April 2014, however, when I try to do a dummy booking I cannot select myself, my adult daughters name is greyed out with a tick and mine is greyed out and I cannot do anything with it.
This booking i am pricing needs to be for myself and my significant other half!

This is not a glitch. Your name is greyed out because you are required to travel on the booking. You may "uncheck" your daughter's name, and then "check" your SO's name. But you cannot take your name off the booking because you are the owner of the voucher.

Amarillo Feb 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Redveee- I used to be ticked and greyed out, we have done that and she has the same result. The 2nd person default goes to my brother in law who lives with us

UK1 - yes it is my voucher - and yes seats available (just tried Lon-Ams as an example), frustrating, it also says (daughter greyed out and ticked along with another traveller ticked as well) that a child cannot travel without an adult she is 32, so then ticked a further person so in theory (due to me being greed out) 3 people and it went though to show plenty of availability.

I'm bemused by it all

Amarillo Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

With my previous Voucher redemption bookings I have not experienced this, it is only since the new look page as come into being.

Unfortunately I cannot untick her it will not let me, my box has no tick in it (has had on previous redemptions) and no bold outline around the tick box.

heartybob Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by uk1 (Post 20304278)
Checking! You are signed in and you earned the voucher?

AFAIK the OP will only see the voucher if (a) (s)he earned it and (b) (s)he is signed in as him/herself.

A common solution to many problems with ba.com is to log out, clear cookies, shut down, then start again.

Also check that you're logging in from the ba.com home page of the country where your companion voucher was issued.

Night Flyer Feb 23, 2013 6:23 pm

This actually is a glitch to some extent (does your daughter also have a certificate sitting on the HH account?). Have you tried just selecting your S/O (leaving yourself and your daughter checked and greyed out) and proceeding to the next step? The system should go on and process your reservation for two people, the certificate holder who is logged in and the selected other.

I encountered this myself recently and went through the same gyrations before I decided to just ignore it and proceed, and it worked fine.

nnp007 Feb 26, 2013 7:37 am

any update on this..i am experiencing the same issue...so much for this "upgraded" site....:td:

Amarillo Feb 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by nnp007 (Post 20319348)
any update on this..i am experiencing the same issue...so much for this "upgraded" site....:td:

Glad it's not just me, started to think I was nuts! When time ones I shall call and do the booking unless this sorts itself

jaguarpig Feb 27, 2013 5:30 am

Same for me as well very frustrating.

highpeaklad Feb 27, 2013 5:35 am

Cannot select my name on my Companion voucher booking

If you have to call, then you shouldn't be charged as ba.com is at fault.