Wiki Posts
Search

Photographs from your BA travels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Cool

Originally Posted by Fraser
Not wanting to be a pedant but the tallest building on the right is 432 Park Avenue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/432_Park_Avenue

30 Rockefeller Center really isn't that tall (850ft) compared to a lot of the big stuff in Manhattan. The Empire State Buiilding is 1250ft, 432 Park Avenue is just shy of 1400ft.
I've never understood why only a few very tall buildings stand out on the New York skyline from JFK...esp ESB. When you are in Manhattan they all look about the same size
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CKBA
St Paul's from BA431 (AMS-LHR) on 16 July 2018.

One thing I've noticed that there is a vast difference in the clarity of the windows on different aircraft types: this being an A319 - which I find to be about the best (along with the other 319/320/321's). With a full resolution photograph you can easily make out the colour of people's clothing from many miles away (and 1000's ft altitude).

In contrast I find that the 787's have really poor window clarity, and odd colour casts across photos taken through them (taken without a polariser - and with the window 'dimmer' fully 'open'). I presume that the 787's have polycarbonate-type windows?
The 787 windows have a gel between two layers - an electrical charge is used to alter its opacity, but I suspect even at maximum opacity, it is like having a thin stocking over your lens, or a thin layer of vaseline over the lens as the used to use in old Hollywood for the the star's close up!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Took a trip with some colleagues to Naejangsan National Park, near Jeonju, about 3 hours drive south of Seoul, as it is famous for its maple and persimmon trees. They are showing great colours. We thought that it would be fairly quiet as it was a Monday, but it was rammed with thousands of people which made good picture taking challenging.

Did get a few shots - one of a dead cherry(?) tree among the other trees and some from a ride on the cable car...

Sony A7RIII FE 24 - 70 f/2.8 GM

iPhone X on way back down... taken from within the Lightroom Mobile module

WickedStepMother and yrin like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue

Geneva

Saléve (cheeky side-trip on a day trip to Geneva - it was a long day!

Edited as pictures were all glued together, apologies!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yrin

Edited as pictures were all glued together, apologies!
Nice shots Yrin ^

Some with the iphoneX from last night and this afternoon around Gangnam. Very wet in the area, and in my room. I put some washing into the washing machine in my hotel room, no problem after washing cycle, no water in the machine then set it to dry. Opened the machine and the drum was full of water, and ended up with it all over the floor.

Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Myself and my travelling companion hard at work today in Marrakech.

open plan office space
tynmar and yrin like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was hoping to get out and get some nice photos this evening around Mapo, Seoul, but the rain was torrential - still waiting for yet another band or rain to pass through, so might venture out later (not)... . Meanwhile:

Last edited by CKBA; Nov 9, 2018 at 5:31 pm
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
... on the plus side, the rain cleared the air, so the following day it was nice and clear - at least for a few hours until the smog rolled back in. This a view from the base of the Seoul Tower looking towards Mapo and Gongdeok in Seoul. (at the base of the radio tower on the right you can see the roof of the Seoul railway station).

itsmeitisss and yrin like this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:26 am

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

From New York a few weeks ago. I was working just south of the Brooklyn Bridge and took my camera and tripod along with the aim of getting the totally sterotypical Manhattan photograph, which I promptly then did.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry

Climbing out of Phoenix on Friday night. Crystal clear desert air.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass

After months of anticipation I am finally in Phoenix on my OTP-PHX TP run. Had a very enjoyable few hours at the Desert Botanical Garden this morning.
Fontana likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
First time in Reykjavik, stunning. Will be back next year.

Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:05 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

Travelling through Rajasthan

Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold
Great photos! This one particularly intrigues me. Where is it, and what is the blue cast on the buildings?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:37 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

Originally Posted by djbenedict
Great photos! This one particularly intrigues me. Where is it, and what is the blue cast on the buildings?
Thanks! It's Jodhpur, also known as the Blue City. The picture was taken from the Mehrangarh Fort. The blue on buildings is thought to related to the Brahmins, India's priestly caste, in a way indicating that families living in these houses were part of the Brahmin caste. Of all cities in Rajasthan, Jodhpur was by far my favourite!
PS: The chap in amongst the kids is me....:-) I spent a day in a school in rural Rajasthan, and had the most fun ever!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.