Search

Photographs from your BA travels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Wow, itsmeitisss how did you get such clear shots in-flight?! Stunning!! Not as sunny a day for me back in Jan but I gave it a go!
Atmospherically it was very clear but I was also shooting at quite a large aperture. I love flying in and out of Queenstown. I think it's even better than Innsbruck. I wish there was a shorter route from Queenstown to Milford Sound as it's a better base than Te Anau for evening entertainment. There isn't a bar open after 10.30pm in Te Anau.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Anyone know where this is? Coming out of Biggin Hill stack en route to T5
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Guest
@Lolbert McLaren Technology Centre, Woking
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Thanks - impressive looking place
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Flying up Belfast Lough to Belfast City Airport

Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
En route from Heathrow to Belfast...

Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:34 am
Original Poster

From a return on BA to DUS - A day in Köln...

And peaking out the window on final approach into Heathrow...

Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I love Cologne's gothic cathedral and it's amazing to see how the city has been rebuilt, despite the devastation it suffered during WW2.

We climbed the 500+ stone steps up one of the spires in the cathedral some years back. It was a beautiful sunny winter's day when we entered the cathedral and when we eventually reached the top, after stopping many times to allow people to climb down the narrow spiral stairway, it was snowing heavily and we missed out on the eagerly anticipated views of the city.

Typically, the sun was shining brightly when we left the cathedral. Just bad timing!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
From a return on BA to DUS - A day in Cologne
Very nice images - Im off to Cologne on Tuesday, back via DUS. Did you have chance to get images from the Triangle Tower?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Telecasterman

Very nice images - Im off to Cologne on Tuesday, back via DUS. Did you have chance to get images from the Triangle Tower?

No, I haven't been up there despite staying at the excellent Hyatt Regency several times. I must be crazy, as I am usually in Suites and have access to free bottles of spirits in the room - won't bother with JW Red, black or even Blue, but didn't end up dipping into the Tanquerary...there wasn't any tonic...excellent hotel with an outstanding breakfast and an exceptional restaurant.

When you are in Cologne, search out an excellent Italian restaurant called Etrusca. It's a 30 minite walk from the Cathedral or you can pick up a dodgy taxi like we did and pay €16 for what should be a short ride. It's not that far from the central part of the city n the predominantly student area. They do a Tagliolini al Tartufo Nero. It is prepared at the table, the cooked pasta is swirled in a parmesan wheel, then they shave black truffles on (quite generously too) with the pasta water as a sauce. Superb. For a secondi, there is a good fillet or a Tagliata Toscana, which was very good. Not the cheapest of places, but great. Do bear in mind that the local beer Kölsch is normally served in 20cl glasses. If you go into Gaffel Kölsch close to the cathedral, you might hear people ordering Halb Hänchen, which translates to half a chicken. It's not chicken. It's bread and cheese. It goes back to when a customer ordered half a chicken and all they had was bread and cheese.
Telecasterman likes this.

Last edited by itsmeitisss; Jun 17, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madge Ishen
I love Cologne's gothic cathedral and it's amazing to see how the city has been rebuilt, despite the devastation it suffered during WW2.

We climbed the 500+ stone steps up one of the spires in the cathedral some years back. It was a beautiful sunny winter's day when we entered the cathedral and when we eventually reached the top, after stopping many times to allow people to climb down the narrow spiral stairway, it was snowing heavily and we missed out on the eagerly anticipated views of the city.

Typically, the sun was shining brightly when we left the cathedral. Just bad timing!
If you go back there is a great camera store in the cathedral grounds. Apart from having great stock of old film cameras they have a book with photography by the founder of the period just after the end of the war. fascinating. Lambertin the shop is called.
Madge Ishen likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:38 am

Venice

edited: Image was too big)
WickedStepMother and ChrisMcP like this.

Last edited by alanjhett; Jun 20, 2018 at 4:52 am Reason: Image was too big
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:10 am
Original Poster

A few also from Venice...

Ten minute exposure with Big Stopper

EDIflyer and Marschel like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Atmospherically it was very clear but I was also shooting at quite a large aperture. I love flying in and out of Queenstown. I think it's even better than Innsbruck. I wish there was a shorter route from Queenstown to Milford Sound as it's a better base than Te Anau for evening entertainment. There isn't a bar open after 10.30pm in Te Anau.
There is a quicker route if you blow the budget on the flight over - at least as good as the destination itself.

EDIflyer and Madge Ishen like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Brindisi, Italy - down by the waterfront...

....down by the waterfront in Otranto, Italy

... and a couple from Lecce, Italy:

EDIflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.