Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Worked for me.

However, the German translation is somehow funny.

The field for the "DC Membership No" translated to "DC Keine Mitgliedschaft" vergessen" (re-translated to "No DC membership") and the password request is "Keine Mitgliedschaft vergessen". BA became vicitim of the abbrevtiation for "number" with "No" with is also "Nein". Maybe there should be an adjustment.
My French brother-in-law was perplexed at St Pancras when the train ticket machine's translated instructions was asking for his 'broche', which has a general meaning in French of spike or skewer type thing. It took a few moments to realise it wanted his PIN .
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Completed my transfer from DC to EC without an issue. All miles (*koff* Avios) safely landed in my account without a delay
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:23 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
All done effortless. Good job from BA IT ^
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
Miles moved to BAEC but apparently not deducted from DC. Obviously, it takes a bit to update and I am in no rush to call India for a last minute booking ;-)

As I expected, the www.avios.com does not support yet the transfer from bmi, just BA and Iberia...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:36 pm

Works like a charm, very impressed! Great job!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:41 pm

Please can someone advise. I did ask on the old thread but didn't get an answer before it was closed.

I understand if I have a BMI Executive Club membership I cannot transfer to an Avios household account? I can't try as I have recently opened the BMI credit card account so as yet don't have any miles. I should have 20,000 soon plus any for spends.

I flew BA on Avios points a couple of months ago and was asked for a BA Executive Club number. As I didn't have one (Avios household account I assumed was not the same thing) I opened one online, had confirmation letter and emails. Its got a balance of zero Avios points though!

So.... I assume I can transfer Diamond Miles from BMI Club to my new BA Executive Club (Blue tier) account? Can I then transfer from that into my household account? I have no idea whether the recently opened BA Executive Club membership will auto link to my Avios Household account? As I say, it was set up later and I don't remember being asked for details of an existing Avios account.

Basically I want to get these 20k plus spend miles from my BMI Diamond Club into my Avios HH account. Any advice welcomed but I am a novice at this so please keep it simple! I also rarely fly, my flights are paid for wholly with Avios, which I earn not through flights, but through converting Tesco points.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by G_G
All done effortless. Good job from BA IT ^
It did occur to me that the reverse transaction might be dependent upon bmi's IT department...you can draw your own conclusion from that thought
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
I encountered a "details don't match " checked my BA account details and noticed that the City details had a typo. Once the typo was corrected all went through fine .
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
It did occur to me that the reverse transaction might be dependent upon bmi's IT department...you can draw your own conclusion from that thought
I doubt it. They just don't want people to use BA Avios to book VS and similar flights...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by DomtheMon68
So.... I assume I can transfer Diamond Miles from BMI Club to my new BA Executive Club (Blue tier) account? Can I then transfer from that into my household account? I have no idea whether the recently opened BA Executive Club membership will auto link to my Avios Household account? As I say, it was set up later and I don't remember being asked for details of an existing Avios account.
You can certainly go BMI to BA.

I can't remember if you can transfer into an Avios HHA or if you would need to break it up, transfer to your Avios account, and then put the Avios HHA back together. However, either way, it is possible.

What you cannot do is BMI to Avios.com direct.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Success - no issues. The transfer split into 2 parts, one for 2000 miles(Avios) and the other for the remaining 30000-ish miles in my DC account.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: BD,Skyteam,QF
Originally Posted by Raffles
Anyone think this may be due to a missing date of birth on the parents in laws account? Will ask wifey what their dob's are!
In light of what someone said about it not working at all with IE 64bit, and a problem I had recently with getting the Aer Lingus status match, I'd try Google Chrome or Firefox and see if it works better or shows all the options, (or if you get a better error message, as I did). Another suggestion would be to clear your browsing history and try again - sometimes works if a Java update is mis-aligned with the website in question.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
When so many of these kind of things tend to encounter teething problem it's a very refreshing change to find something that actually works perfectly. Job well done I think.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold
It worked well for me this morning.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Unsuccesful

Deleted (finally transfer went through)

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Jul 3, 2012 at 1:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.