Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by mith
no, changing the e-mail and confirming it, doesnt do it.
Still the only options are:

Executive Club

Welcome to the Executive Club
Manage my account
My statement
Update my personal information
Apply/change my Household Account
Add or Amend Third Party Nominee
Claim missing Avios
Prevent Avios expiring
Order Executive Club items
About the Club
Collecting Avios
Spending Avios
Purchasing Avios
Sharing Avios
Executive Club offers
Executive Club news
Contact Executive Club
Executive Club Terms and Conditions

I guess, I will try the other thing (entering dob, passport data...)
Click on Manage My Account. A window will open to the right hand side of this list, and Combine My Avios is the last option.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Has now been officially launched by Gav...
Dear

As part of the bmi integration, British Airways is offering Diamond Club members the opportunity to transfer destinations miles to Avios at a rate of 1:1. We're delighted to announce that the new tool, which allows you to transfer destinations miles, is now live.

Using the transfer tool.

You can transfer your destinations miles to Avios at a rate of 1:1. To do so simply log in to your Executive Club account and go to the 'Manage My Account' page. Here you'll find a link to the 'Combine My Avios' tool under the 'Your options' section.

Before you start a transfer please ensure that your contact details, including your name, email address and date of birth, are up-to-date in both your Diamond Club and Executive Club accounts. Transfers can be made between individual accounts, but unfortunately transfers into Household Account balances are not possible.

Transfer Now

Your invitation to join the Executive Club.

In order to transfer your destinations miles from your Diamond Club account, you will need to join the Executive Club via our dedicated enrolment page at ba.com/welcomebmi.

If you are a Diamond Club Gold or Silver member, you can also apply for matching tier status within the Executive Club.

If you have any other queries about your Diamond Club membership, and what the bmi integration with British Airways means for you, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, which is updated regularly.

Strong firm handshakes

Gav
Thought the bit about HHAs was a bit confusing given our experience on here?!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Has now been officially launched by Gav...
Thought the bit about HHAs was a bit confusing given our experience on here?!
questions to the folks who could transfer the miles into a house hold account: are the miles transfered into a member's account redeemable by the other hh members? Or do they stay personal (which would explain the "not possible" in the official statement)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
questions to the folks who could transfer the miles into a house hold account: are the miles transfered into a member's account redeemable by the other hh members? Or do they stay personal (which would explain the "not possible" in the official statement)
Well they're certainly showing up in the HHA overall balance and AFAIK the BA system doesn't have a way for splitting your Avios between truly personal and those in the HHA.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
BA system seems to have massive problems.
I get until combine my avios, and when I click this button, waiting and reply website not found
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Did you click the Tickbox waiving your right to sue bmi and BA?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
no, changing the e-mail and confirming it, doesnt do it.
Still the only options are:

Executive Club

Welcome to the Executive Club
Manage my account
My statement
Update my personal information
Apply/change my Household Account
Add or Amend Third Party Nominee
Claim missing Avios
Prevent Avios expiring
About the Club
Collecting Avios
Spending Avios
Purchasing Avios
Sharing Avios
Executive Club offers
Executive Club news
Contact Executive Club
Executive Club Terms and Conditions

I guess, I will try the other thing (entering dob, passport data...)
You have to actually click "manage my account" then the page opens with the menu including "combine my avios"

Globalist
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
Got as far as transferring the miles, but it then took ages before crashing.

Now getting the "Combine my Avios is not available at the moment" message.

Incidentally, BA say a have a whole 1 mile more that I can transfer over than my bmi account says. ^
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Success

The transfer tool is very slow at this moment and time out multiple times.

Email mismatch initially prevented the mile transfer. Changing Email address in BAEC account and then confirming the change seemed to have done the trick.

After clicking back and forth quite a few times, I was able to see that my DC miles are now in Avios, even though the final confirmation screen was never shown to me.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by user85x
my first post at flyertalk. i want to delete this post but don't see how this can be done, i can edit it allright, but wheres the delete button?
I can help definitely you with that.

And when you make another first post, you'll be welcome to FT!

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
1 transfer got through them deducted same time from my DC account and posted in the BA account.
2nd transfer ( from a familiy account ) decucted all the miles from DC account ! now shows 0 destination miles , but them not in the BA account !?!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PG
Avios to BMI?

Is there a way to transfer the other way, from Avios to Diamond Club? Earlier emails we got from them said 1:1 transfer rate going both directions, but the tool on ba.com looks like it will only transfer miles from bmi into Avios.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wxman13
Is there a way to transfer the other way, from Avios to Diamond Club? Earlier emails we got from them said 1:1 transfer rate going both directions, but the tool on ba.com looks like it will only transfer miles from bmi into Avios.
You cannot transfer the other way. I have successfully transferred to AVIOS, although I couldn't do so this afternoon, presumably due to system overload!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Does it work for US accounts

Does the transfer tool work for US accounts, I am logged into my BA account, under managfe my account, and your options, no option to combine accounts at all I get is:

Blue Member Gain promotion to Bronze membership:300 points.
Your options
My statement
Update my details
Apply for a Household Account
Change my Household Account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advance Passenger Information
If you enter Advance Passenger Information in your profile, it will be included in all future bookings you make with us, including those made through a travel agent. For each booking you make with us, the Advance Passenger Information in your profile will be sent to the Customs and Immigration Authorities of any country in your itinerary that requires it.

Am I missing something? Did I need to register my BMI account first?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I only got error messages in the afternoon, so tried again now. However, the transfer seems to have worked in the afternoon already as I don't have miles in DC anymore. They have not arrived in my BAEC account yet, though. Normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.