Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The inability to transfer to a BA HHA is also annoying me. My daughter is in a HHA with her grandparents. To get access to her grandparents BMI miles (the 1k sign-up bonus which I cannot move inside a BMI family account), I would need to break up the HHA and thus close my daughters BA account. Too much trouble for 2k miles.

But I genuinely don't see what the problem is, since inside a BA family account everyone can still see their own pot. It is not like avios.com HHA's where the miles were genuinely pooled.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I don't quite understand, Raffles - I'm in a BAEC HHA (and not the HoH) yet was able to transfer in from my BD account without a problem?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I don't quite understand, Raffles - I'm in a BAEC HHA (and not the HoH) yet was able to transfer in from my BD account without a problem?
Hmm. My parents in law who are in a HHA do not have the transfer option showing. Me and my Mrs do, and we are not in a HHA. That is what made me think that BA is sticking to the stated rule about HHA's (the FAQ at ba.com/bmi does say that if you are in a HHA you cannot transfer in).
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:11 am

Worked very well for me. Transfer was immediate as were confirmation emails from DC and EC. Maybe this BA thing has some good points.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Hmm. My parents in law who are in a HHA do not have the transfer option showing. Me and my Mrs do, and we are not in a HHA. That is what made me think that BA is sticking to the stated rule about HHA's (the FAQ at ba.com/bmi does say that if you are in a HHA you cannot transfer in).
Hmm - I thought in the other thread Nicci had said transfer in to HHAs WOULD be possible, it was just that they couldn't replicate the BD HHAs as things worked in a different way. I'm definitely in a HHA and our HHA balance went up as expected! I'm the HoH for the BD one, don't know if that makes a difference or not, but it shouldn't do given you're saying some didn't even have the option to transfer. Are you parents in law definitely looking in the right place? It's just I thought all BAEC users, even those in HHAs, should have that option so they can combine their Avios from IB & Avios.com?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Are you parents in law definitely looking in the right place? It's just I thought all BAEC users, even those in HHAs, should have that option so they can combine their Avios from IB & Avios.com?
You don't think I'd let them operate their own BA accounts do you?!

Let's see what turns up overnight. Current under Your Options under MMA I only see:

Your options
My statement
Update my details
Order Executive Club items
Apply for a Household Account
Change my Household Account
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:27 am

Hehe, I didn't want to say that but guessed it was perhaps the case

Mine says:
Your options
My statement
Update my details
Order Executive Club items
Apply for a Household Account
Change my Household Account
Executive Club partner card
Combine My Avios
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, ALL Limitless, Amex Platinum
No problem for me transferring into a HHA.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The T&C appear to have an error. Clause 9 is probably intended to say:-
9. Moving destinations miles to Avios using 'Combine my Avios' will NOT count as earning or redeeming Avios and will not prevent the expiry of your Avios balance under the Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
Sorry: apparently this clause is intended to allow those who are transferring from BD to BA to be immediately eligible for Reward Flight Saver redemptions.

Last edited by Globaliser; Jul 2, 2012 at 1:10 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:13 am

All four members of my BA Executive Club Household Account also have individual Diamond Club accounts, and this morning all four were able to transfer their DC points into their BA accounts. It went very smoothly and instantaneously. Thank you, BA!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Bit unhappy that the reverse option isn't available, I was looking for a trip to GYD, or one of the other small number of BD mid-haul destinations (with the new 1-2 seating in about a year) and it is, shall we say, rather cheaper with BD (with the BD-G discount) than with BA. Alas I'm rather short on my BD airmiles thanks to burning my little pot on star alliance.

I guess it won't be present due to the VS issue identified, but that is still a change from what was originally advertised
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone think this may be due to a missing date of birth on the parents in laws account? Will ask wifey what their dob's are!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:04 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Worked for me.

However, the German translation is somehow funny.

The field for the "DC Membership No" translated to "DC Keine Mitgliedschaft" vergessen" (re-translated to "No DC membership") and the password request is "Keine Mitgliedschaft vergessen". BA became vicitim of the abbrevtiation for "number" with "No" with is also "Nein". Maybe there should be an adjustment.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Moved the miles. Now the only thing left to do is to remove the bag tag.

Well, it was good as long as it lasted...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, ALL Limitless, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
Anyone think this may be due to a missing date of birth on the parents in laws account? Will ask wifey what their dob's are!
I didn't have the date of birth on my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.